What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Flashback to 2001....

VABuff5

Bored at work today and just watched the re-run of that 62-36 NU game.....how much FREAKING fun was it when we had a football team? An O-line that looked like a line, RB's with speed, and power.....opportunistic play calling....awesome. Here's to hoping that's back soon....CUin14

Bored at work today and just watched the re-run of that 62-36 NU game.....how much FREAKING fun was it when we had a football team? An O-line that looked like a line, RB's with speed, and power.....opportunistic play calling....awesome. Here's to hoping that's back soon....CUin14

HEY..... I think C Brown just scored again! :lol:

Last edited:

A defense with a DC, that couldn't stop anybody; an OC who took years to figure out how to beat kNU; a HC who said we had to "lower our expectations" because he got too lazy to recruit; who blamed his players for losses and who lucked out because Iowa St had a terrible FG kicker..........Ah, yes....remember it well!

Here's hoping the new guy's program is a hundred times better than the "good old days" of 2001.

A defense with a DC, that couldn't stop anybody; an OC who took years to figure out how to beat kNU; a HC who said we had to "lower our expectations" because he got too lazy to recruit; who blamed his players for losses and who lucked out because Iowa St had a terrible FG kicker..........Ah, yes....remember it well!

Here's hoping the new guy's program is a hundred times better than the "good old days" of 2001.

Come on now. 62 - 36 was a magical day. Does anyone have a picture of the sheet that had been spray painted and hung from a balcony on Broadway that read something like "62 - 36. Have a nice long ride home to craptown." or something to that effect?

you must be fun to talk to at parties

Winning the conference championship pretty much sucks.

Nah, it's completely overrated. I mean, staying home for the holidays for 7 years is so much better. Who wants to almost play for a MNC? I wish I was a CU fan back in 01.

Yeah, man, sorry to be a buzz kill guys, it is the holiday's afterall.....go back to celebrating the Embree era.....

Yeah. I remember how miserable I was watching the Buffs in 2001. The only thing worse than the games was having to read the stories and watch the interviews.

Might be time for a new avatar, Wizzer:

punch-bowlyum.jpg

The Fiesta Bowl that year was the last Buff bowl I went to, I don't know why I haven't been to any lately.

I'll say this with all due respect because 2001 still gives me goosebumps, but as my dad likes to say when people talk about our great past: "It's ancient ****ing history." Nobody outside of a few CU fans gives a ****. It is time for this program to stand again on its current accomplishments.

Back