What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Florida and Miami are talking about moving their game to week 0 this year......

ahoelsken

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26098481/reports-florida-miami-move-opener

Why don't we go to AFA and offer to play our game with them in Week 0 too? I know they love their cupcake to start the season, but this is kind of a unique opportunity-it'll get more attention on the first game between the two of us in 50 years (despite only 60 miles between us), which gives Air Force an opportunity to overshadow CSU just ahead of the one week a year people actually give a rat's ass about Colorado State football. Its also another pretty attractive game that people would watch in week 0. Doing this would be good for this staff-we can really make Air Force's option (which other teams have started preparing for the spring prior to playing them) a priority in fall camp.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26098481/reports-florida-miami-move-opener

Why don't we go to AFA and offer to play our game with them in Week 0 too? I know they love their cupcake to start the season, but this is kind of a unique opportunity-it'll get more attention on the first game between the two of us in 50 years (despite only 60 miles between us), which gives Air Force an opportunity to overshadow CSU just ahead of the one week a year people actually give a rat's ass about Colorado State football. Its also another pretty attractive game that people would watch in week 0. Doing this would be good for this staff-we can really make Air Force's option (which other teams have started preparing for the spring prior to playing them) a priority in fall camp.

You don’t want our first game of the season and HCMT’s first game at CU to be against the option do you? That is a recipe for disaster. I don’t like the fact that we are playing them at all!

You don’t want our first game of the season and HCMT’s first game at CU to be against the option do you? That is a recipe for disaster. I don’t like the fact that we are playing them at all!

I do actually. The whole key with playing a service academy is discipline. Playing them in week 0 (which we could easily do because they go to Hawaii) would allow for prep for them (which teams who play them have started as early as the previous spring) to become that much more of a priority.

I had to respond to your post more than anything because of the chicken**** thinking you're putting forth. We are the University of Colorado, and we're still one of the 25 most successful programs in the sport despite fifteen years in college football purgatory. I expect to beat AFA, and I get really frustrated with "Oh my god, I'm so scared to play them" type of posts. We're a big time program with a big time coach. Enough.

Last edited:
I do actually. The whole key with playing a service academy is discipline. Playing them in week 0 (which we could easily do because they go to Hawaii) would allow for prep for them (which teams who play them have started as early as the previous spring) to become that much more of a priority.

I had to respond to your post more than anything because of the chicken**** thinking you're putting forth. We are the University of Colorado, and we're still one of the 25 most successful programs in the sport despite fifteen years in college football purgatory. I expect to beat AFA, and I get really frustrated with "Oh my god, I'm so scared to play them" type of posts. We're a big time program with a big time coach. Enough.

A-hole,

I’ll grant you that my post isn’t terribly courageous, but I don’t think your post is particularly intelligent. Do you remember Army taking Oklahoma to overtime in Norman last season?

I’m sure the Oklahoma faithful were displaying that type of hubris.

That was with half a season under their belt and an established coaching staff at home and a top 5 (?) ranking at the time of the game.

It is going to be tough enough for our new staff to be on the same page with all the new players and new systems.

Nothing to do with chicken**** just realistic.

A disproportionate time of prep would be spent of the option on pre-season taking critical time for other prep.

A disproportionate time of prep would be spent of the option on pre-season taking critical time for other prep.

Maybe, but Nebraska uses some option in their offense as well (thats assuming some defensive lineman from South Alabama doesnt intentionally break Adrian Martinez's leg or whatever the week before they play us).

Back