What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Florida State preview at CUatthegame.com posted

MontanaBuff

Greetings, Buff fans, from www.cuatthegame.com

Well, here we are. The Buffs are 3-0, and on the verge of being nationally ranked. What stands between Colorado and poll recognition? Only the fourth-ranked defense in the nation (yes, I know some of Florida State’s stats are the result of victories over trampled Division II opponents. Then again, this same unit in 2007 stymied the Colorado offense into an unwanted school record minus-27 yards rushing).

In this week’s “T.I.P.S.”:

T - Talent. The Florida State suspensions have been served. Will it make a difference? Will a Florida State quarterback finally step up?
I - Intangibles. The Buffs are coming off an emotional win. The Seminoles are coming off an emotional loss. Chalk one up for CU.
P - Preparation/Schedule. Colorado had an extra two days to get up for Florida State. For the Seminoles, the Buffs represent a sandwich game, coming between two crucial ACC battles. Advantage. CU.
S - Stats. Granted, the Florida State defense racked up some of its impressive numbers against over-matched opponents early, but this is the same squad which stuffed the Buffs in Boulder last season. Plus, can anyone tell me why Colorado can’t score within the boundaries of the State of Florida?

Archive Game of the Week

If you don’t like this one, you’re not a Buff fan. As Colorado has not played well against Florida State (47-7 and 16-6 losses), I chose another game played in the Sunshine State. The final score was 10-9. You know the rest.

This Date in History

Games including John Elway and Earl Campbell are featured. Interested in #1 Oklahoma v. #2 Miami (1986)? How about Ben Kelly saving the Buffs against Wyoming (1997)?

Okay, off you go - www.cuatthegame.com

Go Buffs!

What's your feeling on the OL situation?

Not good. While it is true that Devin Head and Blake Behrens have started, the three man rotation is now down to just two, with no experience behind them. If either of these two get hurt, we're looking at inserting another red-shirt freshman (Shawn Daniels?). While youth is not an unusual trait for this group, we have to remember that the next freshman up will be a red-shirt freshman who did not beat out MTM, a true freshman, in camp.

Cody and Helfrich will get the blame, but if the Buffs are ineffective on offense, it's because the o-line is still paper thin.:huh:

I think shawn daniels played quite a bit against EWU, he was the one getting knocked around pretty good. I might be wrong?

I think shawn daniels played quite a bit against EWU, he was the one getting knocked around pretty good. I might be wrong?

Daniels hasn't played yet (according to the CU media release). Only six offensive linemen, including MTM, have seen action so far.

That will probably change this weekend. We've got five starters, and no one with experience to spell them. :sad1:

Back