What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football: Brian Cabral's future with CU Buffs unknown

I wish he would retire. This could end up being a poor situation for a proud buff.

There's a big part of me that is hanging on and wanting to see Cabral stay. It's been a while since he's worked for a good defensive coordinator and I'd like to think that would stimulate Coach Cabral and get him back to his A game.

I'm in favor of Coach Cabral staying.

He deserves (and I don't use that word lightly) to go out on a winning note.

I suspect he still has it. His recent lack of success may have been situational.

There's a big part of me that is hanging on and wanting to see Cabral stay. It's been a while since he's worked for a good defensive coordinator and I'd like to think that would stimulate Coach Cabral and get him back to his A game.

What assurances do we have that we're getting a good defensive coordinator?

To quote the Byrds, "A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together"
HPIM4265.JPG

I don't want McIntyre to have any restrictions on the composition of his staff. If that means Cabral goes, so be it.

Would be good to see Cabral retained, but will back Mac however he decides it. Also, something that surprised me from the article is how long Frank Beamer has been HC at Va Tech. That's some serious longevity.

We hired MacIntyre as HC.

Do you think Cal is stressing over who Dykes might hire as OC? Same thing. The defensive system and game planning is already handled. MacIntyre is our DC. The hire pretty much just determines how much time Mac has to spend on it.

The irony of course was he was considered gone a month ago, when it was greatly assumed that Embree was going to stay.

When these articles came out after the Barnett and Hawkins departures of the loyal long-time Buff who wanted to remain, I was all for it. Now I'd like to see as much turnover as possible. We need new blood. Give Cabral some administrative role, he's earned that. Other than that, it's a business and sadly you don't always get to leave on a good note.

Back