What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football: CU Buffs' Gerald Thomas embracing life as father

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Gerald Thomas has a warm and inviting smile that can draw people to him.

For a good chunk of the past year, however, Thomas' smile also served as a shield to keep people from seeing the cauldron of emotions -- stress, frustration, homesickness, and even some joy -- that were boiling inside of him.

"I had a lot on my mind and I didn't tell nobody about it," said Thomas, a sophomore wide receiver on the Colorado football team. "It was all to myself, so it was all bottled up. I would go through phases where I would have breakdowns, but I wouldn't tell nobody about it. I would just walk around with a smile on my face."

Read more...

That explains so much.

I'm glad GT decided to go public. Putting it out there lessons the burden a lot. And he's going to find out what a huge support system he has.

And if I may get on my soapbox for a moment, I want to quickly say that it drives me crazy how the same people and society that think it's great to get laid... too often then turn around and put a judgmental stigma on a pregnancy resulting from the act. It happens. Let's not be hypocrites or tolerate that kind of hypocrisy. All we should care about is that if the couple decides to have the baby that the kid is well taken care of. /off soapbox

I'll be cheering for you, GT. Do some damage this year.

I imagine Gerald's family is relieved to see him take this step, and hope it helps him put things into focus. Helping a young man deal with this sort of thing that old coach Mac did well, I get the feeling New Mac is doing things right, too. Hope things keep improving on and off the field, Go Buffs!

This can explain the bad games he had. I always thought he had the chops to be a playmaker. Glad he got this out in open and is doing better. Go gettem young man!!

Kid made a mistake and he needs all the support so his own kids might be less likely to repeat the mistakes of their own parents.

Back