What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Student Section

Also, please don't cave on the "**** em up, **** em up, go CU," cheer. I'm sure there will be pressure to end that cheer if there is an official student-run organization to complain to, but it's a CU tradition that should not die.

For real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, please don't cave on the "**** em up, **** em up, go CU," cheer. I'm sure there will be pressure to end that cheer if there is an official student-run organization to complain to, but it's a CU tradition that should not die.

Unfortunately that's not so far fetched, but the only way it would ever be stamped out is if the band stopped playing the tune as a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds aren't about to trade "**** 'em up" for "Buffaloes".

Unfortunately that's not so far fetched, but the only way it would ever be stamped out is if the band stopped playing the tune as a bunch of **** housed 18 to 22 year olds aren't about to trade "**** 'em up" for "Buffaloes".

Fify

I am all for the **** em up **** em up GO CU chant. What I've found through my first two years is the "Hey Song" is being less and less played for that reason. That is why I think that it has been added to the fight song. I'm not the lead of this thing, Im simply there for ideas and being able to reach more kids on campus about CU football. From what I am gathering from my buddy is that it is simply trying to get more of a cohesiveness of the student section as well as incentives (that's my idea). Last year they handed out the Pepsi Buff T-shirts. Those were cool, but week after week that got old. There needs to be an award system for coming to so many games. Half fast subs comes to mind as a possible sponsor. Also, I think there needs to be someway for the students to stay more past halftime. I don't know what that will be, but it will be looked at.

Winning or being within a touchdown is a good way to keep the kids to stay after halftime. 'Jus sayin'. MM keeps building this and the kids will be there. They let emotions rule, and excitement and winning and touchdowns will keep them in their seats (standing on them at least) and loud.

Perfectly ok with the **** em up cheer, hate that it has been added to the end of the fight song though.

Perfectly ok with the **** em up cheer, hate that it has been added to the end of the fight song though.

I love it in the student section. Not such a fan when there are young kids around.

Kind of a rite of passage into adulthood that you start by looking around you to see if you're clear, then defaulting to a mumble of those lines, and finally you find yourself yelling "Buffaloes! Buffaloes! Go CU!" as the automatic way you do that cheer.

I am all for the **** em up **** em up GO CU chant. What I've found through my first two years is the "Hey Song" is being less and less played for that reason. That is why I think that it has been added to the fight song. I'm not the lead of this thing, Im simply there for ideas and being able to reach more kids on campus about CU football. From what I am gathering from my buddy is that it is simply trying to get more of a cohesiveness of the student section as well as incentives (that's my idea). Last year they handed out the Pepsi Buff T-shirts. Those were cool, but week after week that got old. There needs to be an award system for coming to so many games. Half fast subs comes to mind as a possible sponsor. Also, I think there needs to be someway for the students to stay more past halftime. I don't know what that will be, but it will be looked at.

A game we aren't getting beat by more than two scores will help with that.

I love it in the student section. Not such a fan when there are young kids around.

Kind of a rite of passage into adulthood that you start by looking around you to see if you're clear, then defaulting to a mumble of those lines, and finally you find yourself yelling "Buffaloes! Buffaloes! Go CU!" as the automatic way you do that cheer.

Yep, I used to yell it loud but a child and wife changes your cursing.

I still mumble it...just can't give up the old ways.

I live a couple blocks from the neighborhood elementary school, in a professional-class neighborhood (docs and lawyers and such). What the kids say to each other when no teachers or parents are around, would make longshoremen blush!

It's a tradition that's been added on to a 30 year old jock jam, sung by a pedophile, that was probably borrowed from the broncos.

I wouldn't care if it got phased out.

Last edited:
Student Section was good all the way up to 2005. 2006 is when the downfall started and students started showing up later and later and leaving earlier and earlier... all starting with Hawk and the dismal football that we've seen the better part of the last decade.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the 2005 Nub game where the whole student section was taken off the field. I'd be less than thrilled to support the school who kicked me out even though I did nothing wrong.

Typical Ringo spelling Jake's last name wrong. It's Pauly. It will be interesting how this all turns out. I don't think the response has been too overwhelming.

When C-Unit got started way back when, the response wasn't too overwhelming either...this is definitely a long-term project but Im glad that someone is taking the initiative to get the ball rolling...

I wonder if that has anything to do with the 2005 Nub game where the whole student section was taken off the field. I'd be less than thrilled to support the school who kicked me out even though I did nothing wrong.

I'd like to think none of those kids are still students.

They just cleared one section. I was standing in that section. For the most part, they didn't kick us out either. They just cleared the section and we went into the neighboring sections.

Just has to do with years and years of sucking. It became tougher and tougher to convince people to go to games on time through my senior year. People preferred to keep drinking. Plus, they took away our marshmallows dammit!

Herding the students into three or four gates for admission doesn't help, either. I'm sure there are a lot of students who are like, "well, we are going to miss kickoff anyway" when it's still 30 minutes before game time.

I remember CSU 2009. The student section was packed early.. well before kickoff. The wheels fell off after that ass kicking CSU handed us.

Herding the students into three or four gates for admission doesn't help, either. I'm sure there are a lot of students who are like, "well, we are going to miss kickoff anyway" when it's still 30 minutes before game time.

They all have to enter through gate 6 because that's the only gate with buff card scanners. They won't invest in more scanners, allegedly because they don't want to clog the other gates with everyone arriving 15 min before kick off. The AD seems to think all the problems go away if everyone is simply willing to enter the stadium 2 hours before game time.

They all have to enter through gate 6 because that's the only gate with buff card scanners. They won't invest in more scanners, allegedly because they don't want to clog the other gates with everyone arriving 15 min before kick off. The AD seems to think all the problems go away if everyone is simply willing to enter the stadium 2 hours before game time.

Lots of very old information here

what's your point: that it is going to be different this year, or that it is just old information? Seems worth repeating.

Basically that RG is actively looking for solutions for getting the students in faster

Basically that RG is actively looking for solutions for getting the students in faster

However, this year it has been announced it will be the same as last year. All students enter through gate 6.

My info is fresh from the preview in the Daily Camera regarding the stadium this past weekend. They aren't changing it this year.

S2S beat me to it.

The solution isn't more scanners. It's elimination of the need for the scanners. If the ticket that a student gets is no different than the ticket everybody else gets, no special scanner is needed.

Back