What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Ticket Renewals - CU May Have Lost A Season Ticket Holder

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Section 215 -

Last time I bought tickets they were $337.00 for the season.

If I want to renew the cost will now be $412.50 :(

I just got off the phone with the Athletic Department in rage with a guy named James that had to hear my rant.
Not his fault but that's an 82% INCREASE !!!! For the **** product on the field.

I'm not paying this so I either not renew and watch the games on tv for free or I move to Section 213 and pay $312.50 for crappier seats watching the same **** product.

Anybody else running into exorbitant price hikes for your seats?

Section 215 -

I just got off the phone with the Athletic Department in rage with a guy named James that had to hear my rant.
Not his fault but that's an 82% INCREASE !!!! For the **** product on the field.

I'm not paying this so I either not renew and watch the games on tv for free or I move to Section 213 and pay $312.50 for crappier seats watching the same **** product.

Best view of the game, best booze, best food since 2015....
Remote Control GIF by Jimmy the Bull

The optics are pretty bad. I understand the AD is in a money crunch, and the admin isn’t helping at all, but to raise prices now, when the product flat out sucks, is pretty tone deaf.

The optics are pretty bad. I understand the AD is in a money crunch, and the admin isn’t helping at all, but to raise prices now, when the product flat out sucks, is pretty tone deaf.
If I really wanted to pay the extra $75.50 I can do it but I don't want to. Why should I pay more for less?

I need to cool off for a week and reassess the situation. I'll miss a Saturday tradition since I went to CU since 1987 but everybody has a breaking point
and this might be it.

It is remarkable the administration, and the AD in particular, don't see the issue.

I have never been a season ticket holder. When I was single, I attended every home game and several roadies. I always had friends or the cash to land tickets. When I got married and kids came along, we went to as many as we could, but kid activities etc. made season tickets iffy. When the kids were old enough to have a say, they did not really want to go because the Buffs usually lost. Now, I have no motivation to go because, they usually lose.

I stopped going to games a few years back because I could no longer justify paying premium prices for a sub-premium product. I admire those of you who hung in longer with season tickets. Hanging a 22% price increase on a long suffering fan base seems guaranteed to thin the herd, as it were.

Just out of curiosity, I looked a couple of things up. I cannot vouch for the total accuracy of the links, but they seem reliable.

Average P5 ticket prices:

SEC: $168
BigInteger: $133
P12: $129
B12: $117
ACC: $ 96

CU's average FB ticket is: Non-conference $120, P12 $221

So, CU's non-conference is right at the average, actually a bit below, but conference games are an average of $92 more than the average P12 ticket.

Bearing in mind the Buffs own the worst winning percentage of all P12 teams since CU and UU joined the P12, who up there thought another price increase was the way to go? Generally, one pays top dollar for top dollar performance. Top dollar for bottom of the barrel performance seems a tough sell.

It is remarkable the administration, and the AD in particular, don't see the issue.

I have never been a season ticket holder. When I was single, I attended every home game and several roadies. I always had friends or the cash to land tickets. When I got married and kids came along, we went to as many as we could, but kid activities etc. made season tickets iffy. When the kids were old enough to have a say, they did not really want to go because the Buffs usually lost. Now, I have no motivation to go because, they usually lose.

I stopped going to games a few years back because I could no longer justify paying premium prices for a sub-premium product. I admire those of you who hung in longer with season tickets. Hanging a 22% price increase on a long suffering fan base seems guaranteed to thin the herd, as it were.

Just out of curiosity, I looked a couple of things up. I cannot vouch for the total accuracy of the links, but they seem reliable.

Average P5 ticket prices:

SEC: $168
BigInteger: $133
P12: $129
B12: $117
ACC: $ 96

CU's average FB ticket is: Non-conference $120, P12 $221

So, CU's non-conference is right at the average, actually a bit below, but conference games are an average of $92 more than the average P12 ticket.

Bearing in mind the Buffs own the worst winning percentage of all P12 teams since CU and UU joined the P12, who up there thought another price increase was the way to go? Generally, one pays top dollar for top dollar performance. Top dollar for bottom of the barrel performance seems a tough sell.
I'd like to think that this increase is probably pretty standard throughout college for the 2022 season and the shortfalls most AD budgets have. Either way, I am not sure CU is going to make up for the difference with the amount of season ticket holders they are in line to lose.

Did anyone bother to notice that the required seat donation is now included in the price of the tickets? I checked this year vs last year and my total actually went down when I factor in the seat donation.
I did not know that. As I said above, I am not a season ticket holder, but if that is the case, that is a lot better.

If it were me, that would be in bold at the top of the page of the renewal. Maybe it is, I haven't seen it.

Did anyone bother to notice that the required seat donation is now included in the price of the tickets? I checked this year vs last year and my total actually went down when I factor in the seat donation.
With the amount of salt in this fan base at the moment, it would behoove the AD to make that VERY clear in any email communication asking for renewals. I also struggle with the idea that poor James from the ticket office knows this and never told InTheBuff (and many others) to calm his tits and explain the situation when speaking over the phone.

This all seems like VERY basic stuff when it comes to communicating about ticket renewals and prices, but I guess they could really be that incompetent.

Last edited:
Section 215 -

They followed up with me a bit ago, Im not sure what I'm going to do with my tickets but I laid into them pretty good. mine went up 40%

Good morning XXXXX

I reached out to you regarding your 2022 CU Football tickets, I was unable to reach out via phone, so I am following with an email.

I wanted to bring to your attention upcoming price changes for our 2022 CU football season. Your seats will be changing in price from $975 per seat to $1350 per seat. Renewals went out last week – please let me know if you have any questions, need any adjustments, or want to setup a call about this.

GO BUFFS!

I was surprised actually that there hadn't been more discussion of this on the board.

So comparing to 2019, sec 118 was $400 for the ticket and $420 for the required contribution, with a $12 per seat handling fee ($48 total). 2020, the order history is zero to the transfer to 2021 and those prices make no sense what so ever. I am pretty sure the 2020 season was higher. If I add up all the various line items in 2021 it comes out to $455 per seat. The renewal fee was $48 and the required donation was $420 per seat. 2022 the price went to $850 per ticket, with a flat $25 order charge. So compared to 2019 there is a $30 increase per seat ($120 for me) with a $23 decrease in the handling charge but it appears that the cost went down compared to 2020/2021.

And there was a note at the top of the renewal page that said all required donations and catering charges were now included in the per seat ticket cost. It also said that on my confirmation email.

With the amount of salt in this fan base at the moment, it would behoove the AD to make that VERY clear in any email communication asking for renewals. I also struggle with the idea that poor James from the ticket office knows this and never told InTheBuff (and many others) to calm his tits and explain the situation when speaking over the phone.

This all seems like VERY basic stuff when it comes to communicating about ticket renewals and prices, but I guess they could really be that incompetent.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

LOL, I did not even bother to see what price my tickets went to. Cancel culture hit my desire to contribute any more. I have had them since 1985 and moved from the crappiest cheap seats to the Flatirons Club over that time. I am done. I can buy a seat to any game I want and sit pretty much in any section I want. And there will be more seats available than every before. TV is where it is at this year and until they decide to invest in trying to win. Just ****ing try. Not asking for much but right now it is just plain ****ing ridiculous what they are doing with product and pricing.

LOL, I did not even bother to see what price my tickets went to. Cancel culture hit my desire to contribute any more. I have had them since 1985 and moved from the crappiest cheap seats to the Flatirons Club over that time. I am done. I can buy a seat to any game I want and sit pretty much in any section I want. And there will be more seats available than every before. TV is where it is at this year and until they decide to invest in trying to win. Just ****ing try. Not asking for much but right now it is just plain ****ing ridiculous what they are doing with product and pricing.
Are you still going to have your tailgate spot?

I don't ****ing care other than the bottom line is 22% higher than last time I paid for my tickets.
Well you should care. If 2022 ticket price including donation is < 2021 ticket price plus donation, then your anger seems unwarranted.

Or just do what a lot of us are doing and don’t give a **** about the prices because we aren’t renewing regardless. It’s actually been really nice these past five months of not watching CU football and knowing I won’t have to watch next season either.

I don't ****ing care other than the bottom line is 22% higher than last time I paid for my tickets.
My God, man. Calm your tits and understand that you should do a little digging to understand if you are actually being asked to pay more, especially if your "threat" is to still get tickets, but just in a worse section. Don't be an idot

They followed up with me a bit ago, Im not sure what I'm going to do with my tickets but I laid into them pretty good. mine went up 40%

I was surprised actually that there hadn't been more discussion of this on the board.
From what I have heard from friends and acquaintances, and seen here, I fear the AD is in for a rude wake up call on ticket sales next year.

Are you still going to have your tailgate spot?
That will go for sure and is a good point. I do know others in the lot and if they stay, not an issue. It is based on the donation level. I can get it back if I decide to buy season tickets again at some point.

Back