What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FootballCoachScoop.com: A 2nd meeting will happen between Bohn and Shanahan soon

The chances are a lot better than you guys think.

with all due respect... you have said that Mike S will listen.... ofcourse he will listen.... i am sure he is honored to give Bohn advice if asked to talk to him.....

To take the leap that he will in some capacity coach the Buffaloes is an enormous step that is difficult to believe....

no they aren't..... sorry

:brick:

:dbt:

:smile2:

What are the odds Shanny gets hired?

1%?

13.27%:smile2:

Withe the exception of chippy, if you guys keep going, we are going to get to 100% before you know it. Keep it up.

i give this a slim chance

You must present this in the form of a percentage.

33.333% :lol:

Withe the exception of chippy, if you guys keep going, we are going to get to 100% before you know it. Keep it up.

You must present this in the form of a percentage.

33.333% :lol:

With the way this site likes to calculate percentages, it'll be OVER 100% before too loong (ala KK thread):thumbsup:

I look at the Shanny deal like this - the longer we go without hearing anything from Shanahan, i.e. "I have no interest in coaching the University of Colorado." the more momentum this possibility gains. Same to be said for anything dealing with any other candidates (Embree, EB, etc.)

So...it's obviously still rumors at this point but the longer they go without being denied - the more likely it may happen! I believe in Shanny Claus!

We'll see how bogus the site is when Talkins is bought out in the coming weeks.. :lol:

And they knew that before the West Virginia game?

Thursday, September 24

Colorado:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Head Coach Dan Hawkins will not be back next season and could get bought out before seasons end. Sources also tell us that the buyout is limited to three years and it would not cost CU no more than $2,550,000 to end Hawkins employment. The Athletic Department is trying to find out where the buyout money will come from before they cut their ties with Hawkins.

:huh:

And they knew that before the West Virginia game?

Thursday, September 24

Colorado:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Head Coach Dan Hawkins will not be back next season and could get bought out before seasons end. Sources also tell us that the buyout is limited to three years and it would not cost CU no more than $2,550,000 to end Hawkins employment. The Athletic Department is trying to find out where the buyout money will come from before they cut their ties with Hawkins.

:huh:

Again, they said sources close to the program at that time and went through the buyout scenarios.

They didn't confirm Talkins would be gone until this Sat..
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Colorado:
Our source has confirmed that Head Coach Dan Hawkins will be given a buyout and not retained at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Again, they said sources close to the program at that time and went through the buyout scenarios.

They didn't confirm Talkins would be gone until this Sat..
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Colorado:
Our source has confirmed that Head Coach Dan Hawkins will be given a buyout and not retained at the end of the season.

Who is their source?

I think you're assuming "our source" is different from "sources close to the situation."

It's a site built to drive traffic. I choose not to make an assumption like that.

Just speculation but the fit is better than many think.

Shanny is in an interesting point in his life. To start with he is a workaholic, classic driven type A personality. He is not the kind of guy to be happy sitting in a recliner watching ESPN Classic. Secondly he is increadibly competitive. This is a guy who lived for winning football games. I can very easily imagine him driving his wife and everyone else around him completely crazy looking for a way to realease his energy.

At the same time he has been in the NFL working insane schedules for over two decades. He has gotten comfortable in Colorado, has the new house, and has enough money to do what he wants the rest of his life. He and his wife have their charity connections in Colorado and their circle of friends. (Don't think for a second that the wife won't have a huge say in whatever decision he makes.)

CU gives him the perfect opportunity to stay in Colorado, to compete at a very high level at something that he knows yet the college game would be new enough to him to be interesting. College coaches work some crazy hours as well but the off-season is longer and he would have more time for family and friends. The idea of coaching with his son would be the frosting on the cake.

The last issue is control. It is very unlikely that any NFL job would give him the type of control on a day to day basis that he wants. The idea of Dallas or Washington are even further out with their meddling owners. Within certain parameters a college HC is king of his domain. He decides who to recruit, who plays, what systems are used, schedules, his assistants, even to an extent who they play in OOC in conjunction with the AD. For Shanny this would be a perfect fit.

Again it is all purely rumor but looking at it closely it makes a lot more sense the more you think about it.

I would add to that the appeal of having the ability to control your players at the college level. Shanahan just came from a situation in which petulant, overpaid, whining, entitled, bitches basically ruined his team environment, and there wasn't a whole lot he could do about it. Very few NFL coaches these days expect to be able to rein in the Brandon Marshalls, TOs, Cutlers, etc. - to coach in the NFL in 2010 means you have to live with, to a certain degree, this BS.

At the college level, a good coach can have a squad behaving like an infantry unit and marching to orders. To me, this would be the greatest appeal for Shanahan. He loves molding players (QBs especially) and getting them to execute his offenses to perfection.

Very few NFL coaches these days expect to be able to rein in the Brandon Marshalls, TOs, Cutlers, etc. - to coach in the NFL in 2010 means you have to live with, to a certain degree, this BS.

How many Brandon Marshalls, TOs, and Cutlers are their?

I don't play fantasy.... but are they all available to fantasy owners to draft?

yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are
yes they are

:dbt:

I think there is a chance, but we shouldn't be COUNTING on this, as I think the chances are slim

I look at the Shanny deal like this - the longer we go without hearing anything from Shanahan, i.e. "I have no interest in coaching the University of Colorado." the more momentum this possibility gains. Same to be said for anything dealing with any other candidates (Embree, EB, etc.)

So...it's obviously still rumors at this point but the longer they go without being denied - the more likely it may happen! I believe in Shanny Claus!

This is a perspective that I hadn't considered before. Shanny isn't saying anything right now. Totally silent. He's probably not even answering calls from the media who want a comment. His silence says something. What it's saying, I'm not really sure.

This is a perspective that I hadn't considered before. Shanny isn't saying anything right now. Totally silent. He's probably not even answering calls from the media who want a comment. His silence says something. What it's saying, I'm not really sure.

my gut tells me that he is involved in the process on some level....

I do not believe that it is for the head coach position....

He didn't say anything about turning down the Redskins, either.

I don't think he sees a need to deny any rumor until Hawkins is fired. At this point, there is not a position available to comment on. At least that I show I would see it.

I never said we were gonna kill mizzou, I said we would beat them.:smile2:

I am way too lazy to go find all the posts, but you said we'd kill them. No matter what logic was used to try to dissuade you, you wouldn't budge. "Book it", was used on more than one occassion, IIRC. (Possibly "mark it down", I can't remember the exact term). :cool:

I am way too lazy to go find all the posts, but you said we'd kill them. No matter what logic was used to try to dissuade you, you wouldn't budge. "Book it", was used on more than one occassion, IIRC. (Possibly "mark it down", I can't remember the exact term). :cool:

the ones on the Phillies/ Rockies series might be easier to find :smile2:

I'd split 10's against a 9 before i bet on Shanny coaching the Buffs.

Back