What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FootballCoachScoop.com: Bohn to talk to Bieniemy and Bates at USC

This site also said Hawkins would not be retained as soon as September 24th. Looks like someone was a little angry after the Toledo loss and sent in some scoop to this site :lol:

I can't see Kyle wanting to hire Gibbs as OL coach, he'll want some of "his" guys that he can build the program with once Papa Shanny were to move on.

I also can't see why Bieniemy would take a RB coach position at CU. I'm sure he makes alot more in the NFL and has a longer term contract than 1 year, also has much more upward mobility there. If he didn't come in as OC, I don't see why he would come back to CU.

Embree, I'm not so sure about. He has usually been on the offensive side of the ball, so not sure about D.C. That hire would have to be absolutely essential with the Shanny's focusing on the offense.

My bad-- I thought I read that he had done DC before. obviously wrong. Kyle, Shanny and EB and Embree seems unlikely in that scenario. Could see Embree as the OC-- not sure if EB would be a OC candidate, but maybe with Shanny running the offense and EB learning.

This site also said Hawkins would not be retained as soon as September 24th. Looks like someone was a little angry after the Toledo loss and sent in some scoop to this site :lol:

:lol:
True, but footballcoachscoop.com didn't confirm.. Just cited sources close to the program, blah,blah..

I'm putting all this site's legitimacy on whether Talkins is back or not..

they said they confirmed he is gone.. I'm with them until proven otherwise..

I think it is likely that Bohn has been working the doners all season, and the doners have been 'if he does not go to a bowl game or show improvement, then I will pony $xxx amount of dollars up'. Now that it is a certainty that no winning season is possible, and losing the last two games on national TV a probability, the money has probably been pouring in to make replacing him possible. If he is really interviewing the people he is being said to be interviewing, then Hawk is gone.

Yay!!!

So, Hawk is let go on Sat. Kyle Shanahan hired as HC, Mike Shanahan as OC and Associate HC, Eric Bienimy as RB coach and Associate OC under Shanahan--- maybe Embree as DC?

Get Alex Gibbs as OL coach. I would love that!!!

And get Barry Gibb as the MC (musical coordinator). Their band name even stood for Black & Gold, fer chrissakes!

"How deep is your love (for the Black and Gold)..."

My bad-- I thought I read that he had done DC before. obviously wrong. Kyle, Shanny and EB and Embree seems unlikely in that scenario. Could see Embree as the OC-- not sure if EB would be a OC candidate, but maybe with Shanny running the offense and EB learning.

He had like 2 or 3 seasons as a DE coach, but the other 15 years of his coaching career have exclusively been TE and WR.

So why not keep Cabral as DC. Our LB have been one of the few bright spots on this team the last few years.

I can't see Kyle wanting to hire Gibbs as OL coach, he'll want some of "his" guys that he can build the program with once Papa Shanny were to move on.

I also can't see why Bieniemy would take a RB coach position at CU. I'm sure he makes alot more in the NFL and has a longer term contract than 1 year, also has much more upward mobility there. If he didn't come in as OC, I don't see why he would come back to CU.

Embree, I'm not so sure about. He has usually been on the offensive side of the ball, so not sure about D.C. That hire would have to be absolutely essential with the Shanny's focusing on the offense.

Alex Gibbs already works under Kyle Shannahan as an AC in Houston. Best case scenario:

We get Mike Shannahan from Cherry Creek as either HC or OC
Kyle Shannahan from Houston as either HC or OC
Alex Gibbs from Houston as AC/Consultant O Line
David Gibbs from Houston as DC
EB from Minnesota RBacks/OC in waiting
Embree as TE/Receivers Coach/OC in waiting
Shannon Sharpe can revamp our nutrition and weight-training regimin.
John Elway from Valhalla as QB coach?

All potential/hype/hoopla/innuendo at this point, but you have to think Stoops' butthole would pucker a little if he saw that lineup on the other sideline come game day.

Last edited:
Alex Gibbs already works under Kyle Shannahan as an AC in Houston. Best case scenario:

We get Mike Shannahan from Cherry Creek as either HC or OC
Kyle Shannahan from Houston as either HC or OC
Alex Gibbs from Houston as AC/Consultant O Line
David Gibbs from Houston as DC
EB from Minnesota RBacks/OC in waiting
Embree as TE/Receivers Coach/OC in waiting

All potential/hype/hoopla/innuendo at this point, but you have to think Stoops' butthole would pucker a little if he saw that lineup on the other sideline come game day.

I would think Gibbs has just as much connection to Kubiak in Houston, if not more, at this point he seems more like an NFL lifer than someone who would move to the college level at this stage in his career.

If Kubiak got canned, then Gibbs could almost pick his chosen spot in the NFL as the great "Zone blocking" guru.

I would think Gibbs has just as much connection to Kubiak in Houston, if not more, at this point he seems more like an NFL lifer than someone who would move to the college level at this stage in his career.

If Kubiak got canned, then Gibbs could almost pick his chosen spot in the NFL as the great "Zone blocking" guru.

:lalala:

Can't hear you. Too busy running the paper shredder making confetti for the parade we're going to throw on Pearl St when Shanny Claus comes to town.

I'm not so sure a 1st HC would work real well. In my opinion, someone is needed that has experienced rebuilding a team that is down. A 1st timer may be gung ho at the start but the grind will wear them down.

This won't be easy. It is almost a complete tear down and rebuild. Some places are low on talent, have good facilities, good support, etc...

Colorado seems to be down in most areas at this point. Talent is down, people complain about facilities whether true or not, the Admin is an uphill fight, lack of funds etc..

Talent is actually ok. We just need someone who can motivate the players, hold them accountable for their mistakes and put them in a position to win. That hasn't happened this season or the majority of games under hawkins.

:lalala:

Can't hear you. Too busy running the paper shredder making confetti for the parade we're going to throw on Pearl St when Shanny Claus comes to town.

I just meant Gibbs, not Shanny.

Shanny Claus to CU is the only thing on my wish list for this X-mas

I'm not so sure a 1st HC would work real well. In my opinion, someone is needed that has experienced rebuilding a team that is down. A 1st timer may be gung ho at the start but the grind will wear them down.

This won't be easy. It is almost a complete tear down and rebuild. Some places are low on talent, have good facilities, good support, etc...

Colorado seems to be down in most areas at this point. Talent is down, people complain about facilities whether true or not, the Admin is an uphill fight, lack of funds etc..

I don't know where you're getting that from, but it's completely incorrect. The talent level at CU is on par with just about everybody in the league save for OU and UT. Not a lot of depth, but there is good talent on the team. Facilities are not great, but they're not terrible, either. It's not like they practice on a mud field.

The next coach will have to deal with expectations and with a quirky Colorado state law that only allows one-year contracts for most employees. That makes it tough to get really good assistants. Not impossible, but tough. That's the biggest issue facing the next head coach at CU. Not facilities or talent.

I just meant Gibbs, not Shanny.

Shanny Claus to CU is the only thing on my wish list for this X-mas

You're probably right. But, then again all of this is kind of a long shot. The sugarplum fairies in my head assure me it's all still possible.

It's all good. Merry Coachmas!

Back