What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Footballcoachscoop.com

Ok, let me get this straight...

HC: Shanny

OC: Shanny

DC: Gibbs

Bieniemy and Embree also on staff?

I don't see this happening because it is a recipe for a while lot of winning and it sounds like football junkie's wet dream but...

BRING IT!!!

Ok, let me get this straight...

HC: Shanny

OC: Shanny

DC: Gibbs

Bieniemy and Embree also on staff?

I don't see this happening because it is a recipe for a while lot of winning and it sounds like football junkie's wet dream but...

BRING IT!!!

I think you can scratch David Gibbs off the list, Shanny fired him once before and it seems like it might have been a little ugly.

The guy the current team needs more than anyone is Alex Gibbs. He's probably ninety and senile by now, but even if he was, he'd be a MAJOR upgrade over the last half dozen guys we've had here coaching the O-line..

I love this idea. Kyle has seen up close what it takes to be an NFL HC with his father and maybe sees himself more suited for the college game rather than wanting to be a HC in the NFL. Get this done BOHN.....season ticket sales with SOAR!!!!!!

For Defensive Coordinator, I don't doubt that if it's Shanahan (and Kubiak doesn't survive the season), we could end up raiding the Texans' staff.

Their Defensive Coordinator, Frank Bush, was a LB coach for Shanny with the Broncos from '95-'03. iirc, the Donks had some pretty decent teams over that stretch. :wink2:

This is all putting the cart WAY WAY WAY before the horse.

I would not want a staff full of NFL guys who have no idea how to recruit.

This is all putting the cart WAY WAY WAY before the horse.

I would not want a staff full of NFL guys who have no idea how to recruit.

Lane Kiffen, Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan, Charlie Weiss, Pete Carroll.. how many NFL guys have shown they can't recruit? Granted those are all schools that practically recruit themselves, but it seems like player development is typically where NFL coaches fall short in college.

Lane Kiffen, Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan, Charlie Weiss, Pete Carroll.. how many NFL guys have shown they can't recruit? Granted those are all schools that practically recruit themselves, but it seems like player development is typically where NFL coaches fall short in college.

Yeah. If anything, they struggle with the time limitations on college athletes and their lower football IQs and maturity when compared with NFL professionals. Fortunately for us, Dan Hawkins already prepared these players for that type of expectation. :lol:

That Pete Carroll. He sure struggles in the recruiting department. And man. He sucks at developing the players he does get. What a travesty. :rolleyes:

To be fair, you are just mentioning the head coaches. I think Slade was saying having an entire staff of NFL guys is the wrong approach and I agree. It is one thing to have a couple guys with NFL backgrounds. It is quite another to have all the assistants from the NFL too. If you want a cautionary case study in that regard, look no further than Texas A&M.

Yes, those are all the head coaches. What were their staffs comprised of? A bunch of NFL guys? Or a bunch of college guys?

Hmm, interesting. Part of me thinks this would be the absolute best thing ever, other part of me is thinking about the NFL to college failure rate. If Kyle is all about the college game, recruiting, program issues, rivalries, etc then he has my vote.

Other than Callahan what other NFL coach in the recent past has gone back to college and failed? Weis was an assistant in the NFL who I'm not even sure had college coaching experience on his resume.

I think you have to give Sherman more time before we can make a decision that he's a wrong fit (although I have to admit it was a head scratching hire)

Wannstedt turned around his alma mater and we was basically a NFL guy for 20 some years.. And he had college assistant coaching experience before he went to the NFL just like Shanahan did..

Wannstedt turned around his alma mater and we was basically a NFL guy for 20 some years.. And he had college assistant coaching experience before he went to the NFL just like Shanahan did..

Wannstedt was at Oklahoma State and Miami and basically followed Jimmy Johnson around for his entire career until he got hired as his own coach. Keep in mind that he was barely a .500 coach at Pitt until this season.

Colorado:
FootballCoachScoop sources confirm that AD Mike Bohn met with Mike Shanahan, former Denver Broncos Head Coach, today to discuss future
possibilities with the Colorado Football Program.

SIAP, didn't feel like searching the whole thread

Colorado:
FootballCoachScoop sources confirm that AD Mike Bohn met with Mike Shanahan, former Denver Broncos Head Coach, today to discuss future

interesting to me that Shanny actually met with Bohn...
has to be something that attracts him to CU

Then why did they fire him?

Also Mike Shula

Again, Mike Shula was an assistant coach in the NFL, not a NFL head coach..

Gailey was an average coach, does that automatically mean Shanahan will be an average coach?

If the Buffs can land Shanahan it would be a big deal to the program..

Colorado:

Dang, this thing just might have legs.

I wonder if Shanahan can still collect his money from Bowlen if he's a college coach rather than an NFL coach.

I believe the answer is yes which is probably why this has legs..

shanahan wants to coach but he wants his money from Bowlen..

Again, Mike Shula was an assistant coach in the NFL, not a NFL head coach..

Gailey was an average coach, does that automatically mean Shanahan will be an average coach?

If the Buffs can land Shanahan it would be a big deal to the program..

I'm just trying to answer your challenge, amigo, not debating the pros and cons of Shanahan.

How about John Robinson at UNLV?

Back