What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For Rep: Your guess on the next CU head coach

This is just for fun - I'm not sold that the dept has the $ for another buyout and hiring a new h/c and staff. That said......

Norm Chow

Has anyone said Butch Jones?

I'm sticking with my Embree pick, but Jones could very well end up being the next CU coach.

Hmm, Butch Jones is interesting. Took over at Central Michigan after Brian Kelly left for Cincinnati. Learned the spread offense at West Virginia under everyone's favorite: Rich Rodriguez.

Not sure I like this, there are a few things that concern me about his resume. He has only coached at WVU and Rutgers as far as BCS programs go, and that was for a very short term. Recruiting has to be an issue. He has only been the coach there for 2 years and before him was of course, Brian Kelly. I'm worried that he might be winning with someone elses players. What kind of coaching staff could be assemble? This sounds a little too much like Hawk all over again. Lacking experience at big time program, took over what someone else built etc.

There are certainly things to like about him, I guess I just have my own personal favorites that I'd rather see here than him. TBH All I know about him is what I just read on wikipedia, though.

Hmm, Butch Jones is interesting. Took over at Central Michigan after Brian Kelly left for Cincinnati. Learned the spread offense at West Virginia under everyone's favorite: Rich Rodriguez.

Not sure I like this, there are a few things that concern me about his resume. He has only coached at WVU and Rutgers as far as BCS programs go, and that was for a very short term. Recruiting has to be an issue. He has only been the coach there for 2 years and before him was of course, Brian Kelly. I'm worried that he might be winning with someone elses players. What kind of coaching staff could be assemble? This sounds a little too much like Hawk all over again. Lacking experience at big time program, took over what someone else built etc.

There are certainly things to like about him, I guess I just have my own personal favorites that I'd rather see here than him. TBH All I know about him is what I just read on wikipedia, though.

At least he has a BCS Bowl victory and BCS coaching experience. That is more then what Hawk had.

"Jones filled a variety of roles during his first stint at CMU (1998-2004), including serving as offensive coordinator from 2001-03. The Chippewas averaged just 271.5 yards per game and 12.5 points per game in 2000; in 2001, Jones’ first season directing the offense, those averages jumped to 379.5 yards per game and 22.8 points per game, respectively. He coached three different running backs who earned All-MAC first team or second team honors."

I like that he's turned around an offense in one year.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=743855

His name is DanLeFevour, your next MAC QB in the NFL. We'll see how Jones can do once Brian Kelly's boys all are gone from the Chippewas.

:yeahthat:

i think it could happen.

IF hawkins loses the next 2...

and...

IF bohn cannot find a "big" name to come in here..

and...

IF Mac would be interested...

then...

i think he could be named the hc to try to put things back together for a couple of years.

i am not sure i like this idea, fwiw. Mac's legacy is secure. times have changed. will they let him recruit the way they used to recruit here? will he be able to bring in a big-time staff like the old days?

at this point, i am hoping against hope for shanny but my "real" choice is tuberville. that guy can coach. and, he's not a project like most of the other names that are popping up. he's proven he can win in the big leagues.

Ken Niumatalolo (Navy)

I saw something recently that he came out and said he has no interest in leaving Navy. He loves it there and loves coaching for a service academy. I guess it's possible he could pull a Saban, but I don't think he deserves to be put among that type of company.

i think it could happen.

IF hawkins loses the next 2...

and...

IF bohn cannot find a "big" name to come in here..

and...

IF Mac would be interested...

then...

i think he could be named the hc to try to put things back together for a couple of years.

i am not sure i like this idea, fwiw. Mac's legacy is secure. times have changed. will they let him recruit the way they used to recruit here? will he be able to bring in a big-time staff like the old days?

at this point, i am hoping against hope for shanny but my "real" choice is tuberville. that guy can coach. and, he's not a project like most of the other names that are popping up. he's proven he can win in the big leagues.

Tubbs would be a nice hire, but I honestly don't see that happening here. TT would be super expensive... he has no ties to Colorado either. I see Tubbs going to ATM after Sherman gets the axe in another season. I could also see him going to OU if Stoops were to jump to ND... however, I don't see Tubbs happening at CU.

Back