What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Former CU linebacker Lynn Katoa arrested on warrant, will be re-sentenced for 2008 fi

He's still in Boulder? Is he playin' intramurals, brotha?

I don't think he was living in Boulder anymore - there was just an active warrant out of Boulder for him. Now, sounds like he'll be living in Colorado for a few years - more likely in Buena Vista or Limon rather than in the shadow of the Flatirons. :sad1:

I don't think he was living in Boulder anymore - there was just an active warrant out of Boulder for him. Now, sounds like he'll be living in Colorado for a few years - more likely in Buena Vista or Limon rather than in the shadow of the Flatirons. :sad1:

Then how did they arrest him? He had to be in Boulder otherwise if is almost impossible to nail someone unless they get picked up for something else.

A lot of people will come back if they hear there's a warrant out for them. I don't know if that's true in Katoa's case or not - but some persons will want to face the consequences sooner than later.

This is the guy that Talkins pretty much brought his whole staff in his home to recruit? Our coach sure knows how to pick the winners.. :lol:

...Jimmy...seriously??! This kid could have been amazing, and everything seemed perfect at the start. He enrolled early, and was excited to play. He was willing to work hard in football, and hopefully that also meant classwork. Then some idiot decided to act tough, and then cowardly taser his friend...and he made a poor decision.

I really want to know what happened to the instigator of all this. What happened to that moron? He got his face broken, but those heal - hopefully no big scars. I wonder if he received anything for starting and escalating an argument.

I really hope Katoa sees the field again someday, and I hope the NCAA pulls its heads out of its ass and gives Katoa some leeway in order to return to the field...granted he does the work to clear himself of the law.

...Jimmy...seriously??! This kid could have been amazing, and everything seemed perfect at the start. He enrolled early, and was excited to play. He was willing to work hard in football, and hopefully that also meant classwork. Then some idiot decided to act tough, and then cowardly taser his friend...and he made a poor decision.

I really want to know what happened to the instigator of all this. What happened to that moron? He got his face broken, but those heal - hopefully no big scars. I wonder if he received anything for starting and escalating an argument.

I really hope Katoa sees the field again someday, and I hope the NCAA pulls its heads out of its ass and gives Katoa some leeway in order to return to the field...granted he does the work to clear himself of the law.

:blah:

could, would, should means nothing to me.

I'm all for second chances in life, but the NCAA owes Katoa squat. He had the opportunity of a lifetime to get a great education and play BCS football. Now he just has to hope he can get his life together. Football should be the furthest thing from his mind at this point, and I wouldn't count on any "leeway" if I were him.

I think you have your fact wrong here. The guy(s) who tasered the Buff took off and never were located. Kaota ran into an Apartment and threatened the people there with a rock/brick - he never hit anyone-- because he thought they were involved. Further investigation showed the people he threatened knew nothing about the instigator. The correct response is to call the police not to try to extract your own justice, when some of these kids learn that they will be better off.

This is the guy that Talkins pretty much brought his whole staff in his home to recruit? Our coach sure knows how to pick the winners.. :lol:

He and every coach from USC to LSU to Florida, and Hawkins won. You can dog him incessantly for other things, but that's a stupid remark.

I think the real point is that blaming Hawkins for this is absurd. Seriously. There are a lot of things to lay on his shoulders. This isn't one of them.

Yeah, the same guy that was offered by Oklahoma, Florida, Miami, Texas..... Those smart guys probably were just faking Talkins into offering and wasting a scholarship for a full year! What a complete idiot he is!

He's still in Boulder? Is he playin' intramurals, brotha?
He's gonna be on the football team from the longest yard

Really jimmy... your gonna bash hawk about a kid usc florida ou were all in on and we beat them?!?! For ****s sale dude... you act like hawk is a democrat...

Sad ending truly. This kid had NFL star written all over him. I feel for his family and would hate to be him 20 years from now knowing what he missed out on.

Some people are built to self distruct. Hope he changes his act before it's too late. Sad

Wow, read the comments on that story for a lovely reminder of how well the Boulder community likes to portray the AD... :bang:

Back