What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Former CU Recruit and Current Michigan WR Clemons to CU?

Buffsfan09

Visit planned for this week for one-time 4 star Hagan recruit and current Michigan WR Toney Clemons...our 2010 WR corps would be solid with this kid..

dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

Yea sounds pretty good for us. It is down to us and Cincinnati.

Just checked the '07 WR rankings:

9. Dez Bryant
10. Niles Paul
12. Toney Clemons
20. Markques Simas
28. Markish Jones

Last edited:
Sounds like he is real interested in CU, kid has good size and speed....does anyone know anything about Stanley JeanBaptiste, not a lot of info on this kid, but looks like he has the right build as a WR and could be a good fit.......GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

Sounds like he is real interested in CU, kid has good size and speed....does anyone know anything about Stanley JeanBaptiste, not a lot of info on this kid, but looks like he has the right build as a WR and could be a good fit.......GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

I'd take Toney Clemons over this kid, but beggars can't be choosers right..

Clemons would be a nice addition......in 2010. He'd prolly have to sit out this season. If Jean-Baptiste can qualify, he'd be in the mix in '09.

hagan must be an awfully good recruiter. clemons noted that hagan was a big reason he is considering CU... apparently they bonded when hagan was recruiting him back in high school.

that's some good mojo right there.

According to one report, a scholly has been given to Clemons, he just wants to visit the school.....Stanley JeanBaptiste has said if CU offers a scholly he would be here in a heart beat. Right now I would take either/or both of these kids......GO BUFFS!!!!!

It seems like if Clemons doesn't choose CU, SJB will get an offer...which is odd since they are a couple years apart. Maybe I'm wrong

Yea sounds pretty good for us. It is down to us and Cincinnati.

Just checked the '07 WR rankings:

9. Dez Bryant
10. Niles Paul
12. Toney Clemons
20. Markques Simas
28. Markish Jones

So we were in on 3, 4, and 5 and could now still have 3, and 4. We recruit receivers damn well, it just seems we are not always able to seal the deal... after our 10 win season it will be a different story me thinks. :drink2:

Sounds like they are waiting on clemon's decision, if he comes great if not they will offer baptiste, hope it doesn't backfire.

while all this talk is speculative, i dont understand why we wouldnt take both in a heatbeat. we wanted blake, jackson, and markish, and lost all three. the staff knows we are incredibly thin at WR, why not just throw the boat at both of them. either way, we know we will be getting at least one more WR at this point, which is good.

while all this talk is speculative, i dont understand why we wouldnt take both in a heatbeat. we wanted blake, jackson, and markish, and lost all three. the staff knows we are incredibly thin at WR, why not just throw the boat at both of them. either way, we know we will be getting at least one more WR at this point, which is good.

Maybe the french guy is a bit of a risk academically?

This. I hope they realize they failed miserably when they only took one WR in the 08 class. Bad, bad idea IMO.

Daaah-he isn't French. I think he is Haitian, which btw I know the son of the prime minister of Haiti. Ya I'm cool:smile2:

This. I hope they realize they failed miserably when they only took one WR in the 08 class. Bad, bad idea IMO.

Daaah-he isn't French. I think he is Haitian, which btw I know the son of the prime minister of Haiti. Ya I'm cool:smile2:

I know he's not French. His name is French.

Maybe the french guy is a bit of a risk academically?

he was a year ago and thats why he went to prep school in NC. i believe he got his grades up.

plus, why fly him out on an official and not know his grades before hand? i guess stranger things have happened...

Last edited:
No reason to wait on Clemons decision, just offer the french (Hatian) kid. Clemons is basically a 2010 recruit and we just lost 2 scholarship players in Blackmon and Ballenger, so we should have plenty of schollies for both of them.

On a side note, did anyone ever find out how tall Baptiste is? I've seen 6'3", but wasn't he listed on some basketball page at 5'10" or something?? Huge gap there. I don't care as long as he can play, but just curious.

No reason to wait on Clemons decision, just offer the french (Hatian) kid. Clemons is basically a 2010 recruit and we just lost 2 scholarship players in Blackmon and Ballenger, so we should have plenty of schollies for both of them.

On a side note, did anyone ever find out how tall Baptiste is? I've seen 6'3", but wasn't he listed on some basketball page at 5'10" or something?? Huge gap there. I don't care as long as he can play, but just curious.

He's 5'10" just like all of our other receivers.

I'd like to see us get both. Clemons will have to sit out a year anyway and I see JeanBaptiste being more of a project so he'll probably redshirt. It would give us a lot better depth though starting in 2010, and since Clemons will only have two years of eligibility left, he is already spaced out from this year's WR class. Scholarships are becoming less of an issue with the recent attrition.

I would like to see us take Clemons and move on. Make it the #1 priority in recruiting to sign at least three high school receivers.

I agree. Clemons has to sit out next year so why not offer the kid.

Also, didn't we just pick up Katoa's scholly too?

I'm with the offer them both group. We can use the depth. Jean-Baptiste may contribute right away.

So will they change our 2007 recruiting class since we're adding a 4 star receiver? Or is he just taking Katoa's place? J/K BTW, but it would be interesting if they did that with classes thoughout the years taking into account transfers, drop outs, and never qualified.

I agree. Clemons has to sit out next year so why not offer the kid.

Also, didn't we just pick up Katoa's scholly too?

I believe that unless Katoa leaves school immediately he will still take up a scholarship even though he is no longer on the team. At least for the rest of this year.

I had found the french, Haitian, moved from Miami, to prep school in North Carolina, WR to be listed at 6' 3" 190 lbs........GO BUFFS!!!!!

Will Dante Jackson Go this route after a year in Oregon??? Clemons will be a huge upgrade

Damn. Almost made it through a WR thread without a Diante Jackson reference. Almost.

Back