What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FOX pays $25 million for Pac-12 Championship Game

There are only a few minor bummers for me when it comes to this PAC 12 thing:

1) Late games. FSN puts PAC 10 games on pretty freaking late at night. Sucks for me personally because I hate watching late games. Sucks from a national exposure perspective (although right now I would prefer that minimized given our poor product on the field). Although I guess it could be better for CA recruiting.
2) Petros Papadapolous. I sure hope the next contract with FSN or anyone else doesn't include that ass clown.

There are only a few minor bummers for me when it comes to this PAC 12 thing:

1) Late games. FSN puts PAC 10 games on pretty freaking late at night. Sucks for me personally because I hate watching late games. Sucks from a national exposure perspective (although right now I would prefer that minimized given our poor product on the field). Although I guess it could be better for CA recruiting.
2) Petros Papadapolous. I sure hope the next contract with FSN or anyone else doesn't include that ass clown.
he does suck A LOT maybe they can replace him with ron franklin...

Competition is good. While I think FOX lacks the overall professionalism of most ESPN broadcasts--Mushberger aside--and has a weird picture quality, the fact that ESPN now owns college football is a bit disconcerting. They have the SEC contract and just about all of the bowls now. They have first rights for Big10, ACC,Big12 and Pac12 games. I think CBS gets first rights to the SEC, but they only show one game a week and during the season there are more than 1 marquee matchup. It just seems like they are positioning themselves to be the only game in town.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a HUGE play for the NFL when Directv's contract goes up for bid. Then again, I've always said that one of the biggest things hindering the NFL can't easily follow any team, only the local ones. I hate that there are only 3 games on here + the night game on Sundays. Sucks to no degree. I'm not a Broncos or Dallas fan and I miss out on seeing a lot of other good games. The NFL should stagger as much games as possible, like CFB. I people a lot of people would watch a **** ton of football given that they play fantasy football and need to see how their teams are doing.

2 mil is nice but fox? Fox sucks in everyway possible. As someone mentioned earlier, keep there awful NFL broadcasters away.

The Pac 12 needs to get espn on board.

Also, fox sports is no longer on direct tv since that channel has been taken down due to conflicts.

When did that happen?

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a HUGE play for the NFL when Directv's contract goes up for bid. Then again, I've always said that one of the biggest things hindering the NFL can't easily follow any team, only the local ones. I hate that there are only 3 games on here + the night game on Sundays. Sucks to no degree. I'm not a Broncos or Dallas fan and I miss out on seeing a lot of other good games. The NFL should stagger as much games as possible, like CFB. I people a lot of people would watch a **** ton of football given that they play fantasy football and need to see how their teams are doing.

If you're talking exclusive rights to all the Sunday afternoon games then I don't see how ESPN could do that since they are a network, not a satellite or cable provider. I doubt that DirecTV's Sunday Ticket contract would allow a single cable network to broadcast every game because that would negate the need for you to purchase Sunday Ticket. Unless the CBS, Fox, and DTV contracts all expire at the same time, but even so the full exclusive rights to both NFC and AFC Sunday games would cost a single network over $1 billion per year by 2014, and I don't think even they could come up with that kind of coin. Plus they'd need to add some channels.

If you're talking exclusive rights to all the Sunday afternoon games then I don't see how ESPN could do that since they are a network, not a satellite or cable provider. I doubt that DirecTV's Sunday Ticket contract would allow a single cable network to broadcast every game because that would negate the need for you to purchase Sunday Ticket. Unless the CBS, Fox, and DTV contracts all expire at the same time, but even so the full exclusive rights to both NFC and AFC Sunday games would cost a single network over $1 billion per year by 2014, and I don't think even they could come up with that kind of coin. Plus they'd need to add some channels.

ESPN makes something like $4 per subscriber right now whether they are on Directv, Comcast, Time Warner, etc.... That's big, big money every month. A cable operator wouldn't survive without ESPN. If they somehow got the rights I think they could charge even more than that. The NFL is a huge draw, perhaps even more so than just about any other programming available.

When did that happen?

Sorry, meant to say the Fox channel. Wife and I were getting ready to watch two and a half men and it came up that it was no longer available due to conflicts. Maybe it will return like the VS channel did.

Back