What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State

[tweet]377495128702607361[/tweet]

[tweet]377495483368755200[/tweet]

coach also mentioned how the play where Crawley got beat on a double move, but kept up and pushed the receiver before he could complete the catch, is something that Crawley would have quit on previously and did quit on when Coach Mac first arrived. Said "nothing against anyone here previously." Kenneth apparently didn't respond well to the screaming.

I suspect that Fresno State would be capable of beating Texas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, Mississippi State, Nebraska, USC, Indiana, Iowa, and a number of other teams in AQ conferences this weekend. Carr is good and has plenty of weapons.

The best thing I can say about playing Fresno is the 2-for-1 series. But even that deal doesn't look so great if CU loses more games in the series than they win. If Fresno wins on Saturday, then CU still comes away looking like a bottom dweller in the conference, despite the 2-0 opening record. Either way, Fresno does not travel well and does not drive the casual fan to fill Folsom.

Moreover, by beating Fresno, should CU should be so lucky, it will not provide the same fan euphoria and positive publicity bump as would a signature win against some struggling big name university.

Imagine how much more upbeat everyone would be if CU were walking away with a victory over Texas or Iowa on Saturday instead of our current foe?

The point I'm making is that CU's OCC is getting us wins, but it is not necessarily getting us respect or good TV exposure. I can't wait for the day when CU gets back to scheduling big name schools again.

Last edited by a moderator:

coach also mentioned how the play where Crawley got beat on a double move, but kept up and pushed the receiver before he could complete the catch, is something that Crawley would have quit on previously and did quit on when Coach Mac first arrived. Said "nothing against anyone here previously." Kenneth apparently didn't respond well to the screaming.

I flipping love Coach Mac. Love his quotes..his sense of humor. Great coach and quality soundbites.

KAPOW!!!
Crawley.jpg

Adams has a 42" vertical and doesn't need to be photo shopped. You will have to account for him just like your telling FSU they will need to keep eyes on PRich.

The screaming was okay. It was the pouting, scowling and the thrown visor, that really got to him!

I suspect that Fresno State would be capable of beating Texas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, Mississippi State, Nebraska, USC, Indiana, Iowa, and a number of other teams in AQ conferences this weekend. Carr is good and has plenty of weapons.

The best thing I can say about playing Fresno is the 2-for-1 series. But even that deal doesn't look so great if CU loses more games in the series than they win. If Fresno wins on Saturday, then CU still comes away looking like a bottom dweller in the conference, despite the 2-0 opening record. Either way, Fresno does not travel well and does not drive the casual fan to fill Folsom.

Moreover, by beating Fresno, should CU should be so lucky, it will not provide the same fan euphoria and positive publicity bump as would a signature win against some struggling big name university.

Imagine how much more upbeat everyone would be if CU were walking away with a victory over Texas or Iowa on Saturday instead of our current foe?

The point I'm making is that CU's OCC is getting us wins, but it is not necessarily getting us respect or good TV exposure. I can't wait for the day when CU gets back to scheduling big name schools again.
Umm, even if we win, we are a bottom dweller in the conference. But a bottom dweller on the rise!

How bout this angle for some pressure on Fresno St..... Last year in the game against us.... They averaged 9.9 yards a play on offense! Bet ya can't do that again! :lol:

How much stock should we put in the fact that the QB from Rutgers put up 380+ passing yards and 5TD's against this defense?

How much stock should we put in the fact that the QB from Rutgers put up 380+ passing yards and 5TD's against this defense?

Sorry bro,
Have a lot of respect for Col, but honestly as much as you have improved....Your not RU (who has a very good O line) and this ins't week one against a team with a new O coord who we know nothing about.....

We watch film too!!!!

I think its going to be a close game, but looking at the RU game is a double edged sword, because our O also put up 52 on a them in a solid manner.....

I guess if you think Col O is as solid as RU and that we/Fresno State have corrected nothing between week 1 and now then you could put a lot of wieght in that....

BTW-They have a D that pitched a shut out last week, it was against an FCS, but a shut out is a shut out.....
Fresno's starting D pitched a shut out in thier time on the field against Cal Poly 34-0, CP never scored against our first teamers.....

Dont get me wrong I think Col will have some big plays in this game, and Passing is probably where they'll come from.....But wouldn't put a ton of stock in that D performance in the RU game.....

Last edited:
Problem is those starters on Defense that pitched a shut out will not be able to play the full game as they apparently did against rutgers. The half game against Cal-Poly is a double edged sword for them. More rest and less injuries which is a big positive but it also affects conditioning. At a whopping 308ft above sea level, FS sits about the same altitude as UCA. Not comparing the two in terms of quality of opponent because I fully understand that FS is at a much higher caliber than UCA, but the altitude will mean you must rely on your depth and that to me does not appear to be your strong suit. Obviously all of this is just talk and filler as we all eagerly await week 3 of football. I just hope your team is as confident as your fans.

Question for anyone who knows, when is Fresno arriving? I know UCA arrived Thursday to try and combat the altitude

Last edited:
Back