What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday Beer Post: 2011 Gameday Beer-o-the-week - Washington Edition

RSSBot

News Junkie
Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"

When I think the State of Washington, the first thing that pops into my head is apples. Weird, I know, but those Washington apple commercials I saw as a kid must've made on hell of an impression. Unfortunately, that means my thought process this week has veered straight off the beer cliff and into cider territory. I'm so very sorry. Slightly confused, yet unbowed, I'm naming Woodchuck's Amber Draft Cider as my tailgate "alternative alcaholic beverage"-o-the-week.

Hard cider's have gotten a bad wrap in modern days. They used to be a core booze in the country, from the earliest colonial days on up to prohibition. If it's good enough for the Founders (except for Burr, that dude was a pussy), then it's good enough for me.

Having tasted exactly no other brands, I can safely say that Woodchuck produces the best American hard cider I've ever tried. It's sweet and apple-y, with a knowing kick to it. Hey, it's what you would expect. If you think it's too girly for your manly tailgate, just remember that it probably contains more alcohol than your lame-ass Keystone Light. Just, whatever you do, don't play beer pong with it.

One other thing I've noticed is that women love this ****. Seriously, put a 6-pack of Woodchuck out, and watch how quickly you're surrounded. It's the alcohol equivalent of taking a puppy to a park. You're welcome.

Happy Friday! Go Buffs, Beat Washington!
8030839680057503187-8670098629488954341

sqbzEawCpA8

More...

I'm recommending Everclear this week. Hit it early, hit it hard.

Road game...road kill.

Don't sleep on Strongbow. It's not as sweet, and it has strong in the name. Super manly.

Applewine is ridiculously easy to brew, about twelve percent, and tastes pretty damn good. I prefer it carbonated.

I brew a hard cider for my wife inbetween beers and it turns out pretty damn nice. Provides a nice change of pace and she and her friends love it.

Back