What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday Beer Post: 2012 Gameday Beer-o-the-week - UCLA Edition

RSSBot

News Junkie
Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson, "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"

I'm missing yet another game. This time, however, it's my own damn fault. My 10-year high school reunion is this weekend, and I've decided to attend it for no particular reason. That means a trip home to Chicago, and not to the UCLA game. (For the record, this decision was made long before the season started.)

The untimely trip to Chicago does give a great idea for a tailgate beer. I grew up in DuPage County, about 25 miles west of the Second City. Happily, just down the road from my old stomping grounds is a great craft brewery. Two Brothers Brewing, located in Warrenville, IL, makes a fantastic Red Rye Ale called Cane and Ebel, and I'm naming it as my gameday beer-o-the-week.

I talked about Two Brothers and Cane and Ebel early last year, but I think it's a beer worth re-visiting. I love this brew. While not typically a fan of rye ale offerings, I find this style does a great job balancing a combination of spicy/sweet malts with hoppy notes. The bottle touts this as being "hopped up," but it's not as bitter/resiny as that advertising can often mean; more floral/sweet. The creamy/sweet finish is especially pleasing.

I'm definitely going to grab some while I'm back home. It may be a little bit of a stretch for those in Colorado to get some by kickoff Saturday, but if you can, it's well worth the effort.

Happy Friday! Go Buffs, beat the Bruins!
8030839680057503187-3043816374128940987

cwIgwRdmZZk

Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson, "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"

I'm missing yet another game. This time, however, it's my own damn fault. My 10-year high school reunion is this weekend, and I've decided to attend it for no particular reason. That means a trip home to Chicago, and not to the UCLA game. (For the record, this decision was made long before the season started.)

The untimely trip to Chicago does give a great idea for a tailgate beer. I grew up in DuPage County, about 25 miles west of the Second City. Happily, just down the road from my old stomping grounds is a great craft brewery. Two Brothers Brewing, located in Warrenville, IL, makes a fantastic Red Rye Ale called Cane and Ebel, and I'm naming it as my gameday beer-o-the-week.

I talked about Two Brothers and Cane and Ebel early last year, but I think it's a beer worth re-visiting. I love this brew. While not typically a fan of rye ale offerings, I find this style does a great job balancing a combination of spicy/sweet malts with hoppy notes. The bottle touts this as being "hopped up," but it's not as bitter/resiny as that advertising can often mean; more floral/sweet. The creamy/sweet finish is especially pleasing.

I'm definitely going to grab some while I'm back home. It may be a little bit of a stretch for those in Colorado to get some by kickoff Saturday, but if you can, it's well worth the effort.

Happy Friday! Go Buffs, beat the Bruins!
8030839680057503187-3043816374128940987

cwIgwRdmZZk

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back