What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday Beer Post: 2014 Gameday Beer-o-the-week - RMS Edition

RSSBot

News Junkie
Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"
Welcome back, football season! More importantly, WELCOME BACK, TAILGAITING SEASON! Knock the dust off the beer pong table, buy some replacement bags for the old cornhole set, and get your ass to the liquor store, because there's some serious partying that needs doing!
It's the RMS, so the honorary beer-o-the-week is Buff Gold. So noble in packaging, so lacking in quality... wait, what's this? New packaging? Where's the Flatirons? This is an outrage!

Anyways, the official intoxicant for this evening is named after a great American, who, for years, dedicated his life to making things miserable for pitchers in the American League Central. Frank Thomas, newly of the gawddam Hall of Fame, is dabbling in the brewing game these days, and his flagship product, the apply named Big Hurt Beer, is my gameday beer-o-the-week.
Still looks like he could crush a ball or two.
OK, so technically it's a malt liquor, but who are you to argue with 7% ABV in a 24 oz can? So it doesn't exactly 'taste good.' Do you really want to know that horrifying truth, or just watch the big man sock a few dingers? If you're looking to get sloshed in quick fashion, Frank's brew will do ya just as fast as hist blasts used to leave the stadium.

Thomas swears he getting more serious about the industry; accordingly the brand is even opening up a brewhouse in the Chicago suburbs. Still, I'm hard pressed to see this as anything but a marketing gimmick. It sure worked on me, though, which I guess is the point. Last time I was home in Illinois, I ran right to the liquor store for one. Enjoy my money, big man!

You can't get this in Colorado, yet, but for you Buffs in the distribution area (*ahem* @ChicagoBuffs *ahem*), why not give Frank's beer a try while watching our Buffs put a Big Hurt on the competition.

Happy Friday! Go Buffs, get that 'W!'
vkoUN-J_2jE

Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"
Welcome back, football season! More importantly, WELCOME BACK, TAILGAITING SEASON! Knock the dust off the beer pong table, buy some replacement bags for the old cornhole set, and get your ass to the liquor store, because there's some serious partying that needs doing!
It's the RMS, so the honorary beer-o-the-week is Buff Gold. So noble in packaging, so lacking in quality... wait, what's this? New packaging? Where's the Flatirons? This is an outrage!

Anyways, the official intoxicant for this evening is named after a great American, who, for years, dedicated his life to making things miserable for pitchers in the American League Central. Frank Thomas, newly of the gawddam Hall of Fame, is dabbling in the brewing game these days, and his flagship product, the apply named Big Hurt Beer, is my gameday beer-o-the-week.
Still looks like he could crush a ball or two.
OK, so technically it's a malt liquor, but who are you to argue with 7% ABV in a 24 oz can? So it doesn't exactly 'taste good.' Do you really want to know that horrifying truth, or just watch the big man sock a few dingers? If you're looking to get sloshed in quick fashion, Frank's brew will do ya just as fast as hist blasts used to leave the stadium.

Thomas swears he getting more serious about the industry; accordingly the brand is even opening up a brewhouse in the Chicago suburbs. Still, I'm hard pressed to see this as anything but a marketing gimmick. It sure worked on me, though, which I guess is the point. Last time I was home in Illinois, I ran right to the liquor store for one. Enjoy my money, big man!

You can't get this in Colorado, yet, but for you Buffs in the distribution area (*ahem* @ChicagoBuffs *ahem*), why not give Frank's beer a try while watching our Buffs put a Big Hurt on the competition.

Happy Friday! Go Buffs, get that 'W!'
vkoUN-J_2jE

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back