What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday Football Buff Bites

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

Now that the Women's and Men's basketball teams have taken care of business in their NIT round one, it's again time to bring you more exciting news from the football field!

colorado_logo.png
Eric Bieniemy pushing CU Buffs to get job done right - Buffzone

Eric Bieniemy has his hands full. And he's loving every minute of it. Colorado's all-time leading rusher turned offensive coordinator and running backs coach spent the past three months designing the kind of physical offense he believes in and intends to run in Boulder.

It's a whole new world moving back to Boulder to mold players such as Stewart, sophomore walk-on Josh Ford and redshirt freshmen Tony Jones and Cordary Allen. "It's been an adjustment, but the thing is, it's still coaching," Bieniemy said. "Our responsibility as coaches is to make sure that we're providing our guys with as much information as needed to give them the opportunity to go out there and do the best job they can. So we're still coaching. The speed of the game is different, but we'll get there. First of all, we want to make sure that we're practicing with the right effort."

That is where the most noticeable difference between this coaching staff and the previous regime comes in. The decibel level and the number of four-letter words shouted at Colorado football practices have risen dramatically this spring. Bieniemy's coaching style is one of the reasons why, but certainly not the only one.

After giving players a piece of his mind, he often approaches the huddle and helps them reload by saying something like, "Now calm down, get the play called and run it right."

"I always tell my guys, I coach hard, but I coach fair. I'm your biggest fan and I expect you to be great at all times."

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205117220&DB_OEM_ID=600

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205113707&DB_OEM_ID=600

colorado_logo.png
Running Game "Getting There" In First Spring Scrimmage - CUBuffs.com

Tony Jones ran the ball 13 times for 76 yards and Colorado ran 82 plays in a scrimmage that lasted just under and hour-and-a-half on the lower practice fields Thursday. It was the first scrimmage and final practice session prior to spring break for the Buffaloes.

"I was pleased with our running game," Embree said. "We ran well and we’re starting to establish our physical nature. I’d like to get the run game up to about 250 to 275 yards a game, so there’s work to do. Tyler (Hansen) and Nick (Hirschman) both did a good job running the offense."

"The offense moved the ball well," Hansen said. "Tyler (Ahles) and Evan (Harrington) are doing a good job at fullback, blocking and opening the holes, and (Rodney Stewart) and Tony (Jones) did a good job of finding those holes. The offensive line has picked up this running game well, coach (Steve) Marshall has done a great job with them."

colorado_logo.png
Buffs see change in attitude this spring - Buffzone

Colorado wrapped up the first portion of spring football Thursday with a hard-nosed scrimmage on the lower practice fields prior to taking the next 10 days off for spring break. Media and fans who were allowed to watch the first three sessions this spring came away with a general consensus that dramatic differences were evident in how the team goes about its business compared to the pallid approach the past five years under former coach Dan Hawkins. Practices appeared to be more physical and intense with heightened expectations from the new coaching staff. The Camera asked three veteran players to share their thoughts on what they are experiencing this year...

Go Buffs Basketball! Let's pack Coors Events Center, and beat those Bears!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back