What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

From 247Sports.com --

Lawdogg FTW! Tedford would be a bad move...

Duff, look, I really apologize if you took offense to my questioning your uncle or cousin or whatever he is to you. I'm sure he is a pearl of a man and would make a fine head coach for us. :thumbsup:

Again, wouldn't be a bad move, just not necessarily the best move.

Most of those programs have ZERO hope of doing any better than the coach they have. SMU scored a major coup getting June Jones out of Hawaii - in a town dominated by openly-pro sports, SMU has zero hopes. East Carolina? South Florida? Central Mich? Syracuse ("We'll pay 13 basketballers, but we can't afford to pay 85 footballers") Orangemen? These will always be 3rd- and 4th-rate programs with an occasional upward flash. Cal, like Stanford, can get the same push occasionally, but they'll have more consecutive decades at the bottom than years at the top.

Only CU has an history of football excellence.

All we need to do is keep on this same course, and we can sink to 3rd- and 4th tier, though, and drag down every coaching alumni CU hires. Give Embree a chance for a later life of success - fire him now. Give him a platform to move away from, rather than a longer history of career defeat.

Most of those programs have ZERO hope of doing any better than the coach they have. SMU scored a major coup getting June Jones out of Hawaii - in a town dominated by openly-pro sports, SMU has zero hopes. East Carolina? South Florida? Central Mich? Syracuse ("We'll pay 13 basketballers, but we can't afford to pay 85 footballers") Orangemen? These will always be 3rd- and 4th-rate programs with an occasional upward flash. Cal, like Stanford, can get the same push occasionally, but they'll have more consecutive decades at the bottom than years at the top.

Only CU has an history of football excellence.

All we need to do is keep on this same course, and we can sink to 3rd- and 4th tier, though, and drag down every coaching alumni CU hires. Give Embree a chance for a later life of success - fire him now. Give him a platform to move away from, rather than a longer history of career defeat.

Actually Syracuse is more like CU than you think. They rank higher with more all-time wins with 691 compared to 674 but a little lower in win pct with .581 compared to CU at .596. They also have a MNC and a Heisman. They had a pretty bad stretch in the mid to late 00's with a couple of 1, 2, and 3 win seasons. Sounds pretty familiar.

Is it too late for me to change my mind on this one. Come on down Mr. Tedford, let me get those bags for ya...

Fire JE, EB, GB now, hire Kirby Smart ASAP. Offer him $2M/yr and make facilities upgrades soon, otherwise more of the same sh iit for the next few years.

Krom, yes, Syracuse has a comparable numeric history. Especially in the 1920s, '30s and '40s. So I'll stand by my comments based on the last 70 years.

As for Tedford, I do wonder what he'd accomplish in a football program with a history AND POSSIBILITY of excellence. Cal's another program that had occasional veneers of success, but they're closer to M&Ms instead of a real football program.

Last edited:
I think your opinions are fair. I just think the chance we hire a Harbaugh type coach who takes us all the way back is unlikely. An interim guy like tedford to build us back to mediocre might be the way to go.

If you think about it very few programs string coaches together. We were blessed to have Mac. I hope were that good again someday.

Back