What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

From a longhorn fan

Waldo

Original Copy
BANNED
We have 1 thing in common

[h=1]B1G 2012 // Keeping the Enemy Close: Bitterness, Thy Name Is Nebraska [/h]
Howdy, Big Ten fans. This is typically the space where a B1G blogger jumps in to poke one of its rivals with a stick, but Nebraska being a new member of the clan and all, your local overlord decided to give the stick to a Texas fan. Which makes sense, considering that getting clobbered with blunt instruments by Texas over and over was the reason Nebraska ran away from the Big 12 in the first place.
Now, it wasn't all that long ago that Nebraska was good at football and its fans had a sterling reputation as the friendliest, classiest bunch of knowledgeable do-gooders in the country.
Nebraska_Fan.jpg

Then 1996 came along, Nebraska became a founding member of the Big 12, and...

Texas_Sucks.jpg

...Texas ruined its life.

The above picture is from my trip to Lincoln in October 2010, and though you can read the full trip report for a full accounting of just how bitter and defeated Huskers fans had become from 14 crushing years with Texas, all you really need to know is that Texas' 20-13 victory over #5 Nebraska was the Longhorns' sixth in a row over the Huskers, and that across 14 Big 12 seasons, Texas went 9-1 aginst Nebraska, amassed a perfect 4-0 record in Lincoln, snapped a 47-game Nebraska home winning streak in 1998, knocked off four Huskers teams ranked in the Top 10, cost them two national titles ('96 and '99), and topped Nebraska by 4 points or less in 6 of its 9 victories, 5 of which were 4th quarter comebacks.
Even when Nebraska thought it had Texas beat...

Jeesus, it almost makes me want to take up and defend the fuskers...

almost.

While in this case the enemy of my enemy is definitely not my friend, I always get a little bit of a warm feeling knowing how bat**** crazy Texas drove Nebraska in the Big 12 days.

In a perfect world when those two teams played each other the stadium would have collapsed and taken out both fan bases. Screw them both.

Well, the Nubs did leave because of Texas, but it was their control of the league, not the football field, that prompted the move.

Almost want to defend Nebraska. Almost. Nebraska and Texas are a close 1A and 1B on the most hated list.

In a perfect world when those two teams played each other the stadium would have collapsed and taken out both fan bases. Screw them both.

Exactly. Too bad they wouldn't be able to identify those fans based on dental records. On the bright side, the world's cummulative IQ would improve significantly.

Exactly. Too bad they wouldn't be able to identify those fans based on dental records. On the bright side, the world's cummulative IQ would improve significantly.

DNA analysis would be tough too: they would find two people's DNA, Nebraska and Texas

I don't know, the shaggybevo guys are a helluva lot funnier than that huskerpedia ever was.

Nebraskans have no sense of humor. By and large they're nice folks, but they may be the most boring people on the planet.

Nonsense. I'll defend the Big 8 against the SWC any day. There's nothing quite like listening to Texans living in the past.

Back