What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Frosh and Soph Impact Players

Bufffan68

Club Member
Club Member
I read where Tedric is leading in tackles and has our only 2 INTs. Got me to thinking about how some people give this staff **** for not recruiting well, but below is a list of their recruits (or those they retained which JE recruited).

Seems an impressive list to me. It may not show up in stars, but to have this many underclassmen making such a big impact is, to me, impressive and indicative of a staff that knows what they are doing.

Thoughts?

Awuzie, Chidobe
Bobo, Bryce
Fields, Shay
Frazier, George
Gilbert, Jimmie
Gillam, Addison
Lee, Donovan
Lindsay, Phillip
Liufau, Sefo
McCartney, Derek
Olugbode, Kenneth
Thompson, Tedric

I read where Tedric is leading in tackles and has our only 2 INTs. Got me to thinking about how some people give this staff **** for not recruiting well, but below is a list of their recruits (or those they retained which JE recruited).

Seems an impressive list to me. It may not show up in stars, but to have this many underclassmen making such a big impact is, to me, impressive and indicative of a staff that knows what they are doing.

Thoughts?

Awuzie, Chidobe
Bobo, Bryce
Fields, Shay
Frazier, George
Gilbert, Jimmie
Gillam, Addison
Lee, Donovan
Lindsay, Phillip
Liufau, Sefo
McCartney, Derek
Olugbode, Kenneth
Thompson, Tedric

nvmd see you accounted for that.

Thoughts?

Awuzie, Chidobe
Bobo, Bryce
Fields, Shay
Frazier, George
Gilbert, Jimmie
Gillam, Addison
Lee, Donovan
Lindsay, Phillip
Liufau, Sefo
McCartney, Derek
Olugbode, Kenneth
Thompson, Tedric

This should be good. With the exception of Liufau, Gillam, Fields, and Awuzie none of those players have really shown anything

Lindsay has been our most dynamic player on our return teams.

Frazier is only playing DE and FB and scored a TD last weekend.

Tedric and Derek McCartney disagree. You overreach.

Meh. Any list citing Gilbert, Frazier, Lindsay, Bobo, and Lee as success stories is reaching. Especially considering more than half of that list are Embree recruits

Meh. Any list citing Gilbert, Frazier, Lindsay, Bobo, and Lee as success stories is reaching. Especially considering more than half of that list are Embree recruits
Yes.

So why make your argument sucky by listing our leading tackler (and one with two interceptions) along with a guy on pace for a double digit sack season?

And you back off Frazier. I like that kid.

Caution should be used here as some of these players are getting reps and tackles because we have no viable upperclass options to start in their place. That's been going on here roughly five years. Still, I look forward to seeing all of these players develop as they'll be more sound football players by their senior year on campus. One or two may even declare for the NFL draft instead of playing a senior season here. I am looking forward to seeing the composition of the team by the time this year's freshman impact players are seniors, but MacIntyre is going to have be a hell of a salesman with the place we'll continue to occupy in the standings until we have a full roster of these types of guys.

I agree with Aik. Earning Playing time means nothing. Guys like Mosley, Yuri, Ross earned early PT and I'm not they will ever play again.

But I don't see how Slider can deny that HCMM recruits have proven so far to be better than rated.

Some have certainly proven better than rated. But that list warrants the "impressive" label?

We don't need impressive. We need solid and reliable.
Old for his age this one is.

We need impressive for steps 5 & 6 of this rebuild, right now we're on step 3.

The problem, of course, is that we should be taking steps 5 & 6 around 2017. Which means we need to start recruiting impressive this year and next year at the very latest.

Some have certainly proven better than rated. But that list warrants the "impressive" label?

I'm impressed by those young guys.

Might be a difference of semantics. If by impressed you mean a guy who has done something that made me do a double take, that's probably limited to Gillam and Chido so far.

Might be a difference of semantics. If by impressed you mean a guy who has done something that made me do a double take, that's probably limited to Gillam and Chido so far.

I view impressive, as too me not scratching my head about a player doing stupid **** on the field.

I guess I forgot to use the sarcasm font.

Last edited:
The only way you can call them impressive is if the win and we make a bowl game this year, until then they are pieces of a rebuilding project, some better than others. The only thing that matters is wins at the end of the day, this isn't pee wee everyone wins we aren't keeping score BS and yay we're playing, this is big boy college football.

I'd add Thompson to those two. Pretty good safety duo going forward.

I hope so, cause our recruiting rankings suck. Hope HCMM is the super guru swami of finding hidden gems, below the radar, overlooked 2* recruits that play like 4* guys.

Back