What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Frustated

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought part of the deal when we hired MM was that *we* wanted him to bring his entire staff from SJSU.
People were still lamenting the fact that the Boise staff got fractured when we hired Hawkins.
No no no nooooooooooo. That was all MM and I can't believe Bohn allowed it

No no no nooooooooooo. That was all MM and I can't believe Bohn allowed it
Why not? Bohn was a human doormat. Everybody walked all over him. I'm looking forward to our 1 and done game with Michigan next year thanks to his savvy bargaining.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought part of the deal when we hired MM was that *we* wanted him to bring his entire staff from SJSU.
People were still lamenting the fact that the Boise staff got fractured when we hired Hawkins.

You are totally mis-remembering. Bohn guaranteed the administration that he would get a P5 HC if he could fire Embree. The call went out to booster to step up to pay P5 level money for a proven staff and also to fund a salary pool for top assistants. Many monied boosters were totally peeved off that CU over paid MacIntyre and were really overpaid his staff. The idea was to get top assistants with P5 resumes not padding the wallets of MacIntyre's friends. Big reason that Bohn got fired.

Your version of events was the rationalization on this board not really linked to reality.

Why not? Bohn was a human doormat. Everybody walked all over him. I'm looking forward to our 1 and done game with Michigan next year thanks to his savvy bargaining.
Ya you're right. Bohn, the same guy who interviewed Jim McEwain and Embree on the same week and ended up hiring Embree. L O L

I honestly am at an all time low, my faith in Mac is at about a 1 on a scale of 100. On the other hand Bill Mac had similar success in his first 3 years and got the thing to levels never seen. I think they have to give him next year, if for nothing else to show the next guy "we will give you the time you need" I know all the benefit we have received from being in the PAC. At the same time I look at both of the Zona schools, joined the then PAC-8 in 1978 and have 3 outright conference titles and 1 split. That does not instill a lot of confidence, at least not in me. Unless they can back up a Brinks truck and convince Chip Kelly that Boulder is where he should be over SoCal and Austin I am afraid we are seeing the reality, with possibly the accidental 8 win season once or twice a generation. Not sure I can be this invested in this going forward.

I just don't think the "we have to give him next year because we need to show the next guy he'll get adequate time" works. One, Jon Embree won more games in conference play in less time. Two, MacIntyre works for a guy who did not hire him. He's gotta earn more time-by showing the program is improving under his watch. Three, we are very well looking at back to back winless Pac-12 campaigns-this in itself (if it happens) in itself makes it hard to justify allowing MM to continue, and a non-conference loss at Hawaii (who is sitting at 2-5.....yup, they've beaten us and UC Davis) doesn't help. The "we took UCLA to double OT" or "We played Utah tough again" or "We held Arizona scoreless for two quarters" doesn't hold water anymore. Moral victories aren't acceptable. If MM can muster a single win in three years in conference play, then he needs to go.

Back