What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fulmer Cup

I have a confession - I don't know who Nathaniel Robbins is and didn't even know there was an incident with him in the offseason.

Some fan I am.
In right there with you. I'd never heard of the guy. Did he ever play a down for us?

Gordon and Falo. Yeah. I've heard of those guys. Falo is the only one who ever stepped foot on Folsom grass at game time, though.

The Fulmer Cup, in some ways, is like the APR (which I think I've written before--sorry to repeat). High rankings sometimes (often) indicate the inverse of what is intended. As pointed out, Boulder is not a lax environment for student athlete mischief. I have trouble believing that our athletes are getting into more trouble than football players in the permissive environment of Tallahassee.

I think it would be more accurate to deduct points from the Fulmer Cup if the athlete is kicked off the team. That would provide credit to the institutions that actually take action against behavior challenges. For instance, Baylor's real problem isn't that students are raping other students. Tragically that happens everywhere. Baylor's problem is the institutional support for those athletes that rape students.

Robbins is no longer on the team. The institution took action. What are other schools doing for their problem players (to be fair, I think Robbins would have been kicked off any team)?

Last edited:
Back