What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Funny how all the goat fans are gone now...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
CCsquared is probably the only rational one, but I guess we can enjoy the atmosphere for a while....

ramnation is actually busy praising MMac this morning. I had to revert to Java 1.0 to read the posts, but they are afraid of CU and our progress.

ramnation is actually busy praising MMac this morning. I had to revert to Java 1.0 to read the posts, but they are afraid of CU and our progress.
They should be. They have only been really competitive with CU when CU was at its absolute low watermark. That low watermark commenced with the hiring of D-2 Danny, and the ill-fated tenure of Embree. Those eight years are some of the very worst CU football ever. Still, CU went 5-3 versus the goats for those eight years. If CU puts together any kind of a competent program, I expect the games between the schools to return to the historical norm where CU wins the game 75 to 80% of the time, and by huge margins. It would be awful hard on your average CSU fan to lose their Super Bowl that often.

They should be. They have only been really competitive with CU when CU was at its absolute low watermark. That low watermark commenced with the hiring of D-2 Danny, and the ill-fated tenure of Embree. Those eight years are some of the very worst CU football ever. Still, CU went 5-3 versus the goats for those eight years. If CU puts together any kind of a competent program, I expect the games between the schools to return to the historical norm where CU wins the game 75 to 80% of the time, and by huge margins. It would be awful hard on your average CSU fan to lose their Super Bowl that often.
GB was 4-3 against the Goats. If his teams hadn't been so slow to start each season, the Rams may be just as disinterested in the game as we are.

GB was 4-3 against the Goats. If his teams hadn't been so slow to start each season, the Rams may be just as disinterested in the game as we are.

You mean like losing to Fresno at home the same year as we blasted #1 Nebraska?

I'm still ticked about that game. Probably cost a chance to go to the Rose Bowl and shot at the title.

I liked the approach that M2 took to the game this year. He took the game seriously and put a full and solid effort into it.

If this approach continues two positive things will happen. One is that we will get off to quicker starts and put ourselves into position and frame of mind to have better seasons.

The second is that as we improve we will start to rightly blast the sheep into oblivion to a point that their fans start to wish the game wasn't being played and start wishing it would just go away.

I'm still ticked about that game. Probably cost a chance to go to the Rose Bowl and shot at the title.
Yes. Me, too. Yes & yes.

I'm not so sure lamb fans will ever wish this game away. Without this game they are relegated to secondary status in the state in perpetuity. With the game, it gives them an opportunity to upset us and claim "#1" status for a year. It is their moment in the sun and they won't let it go.

As is often said the game is a lose/lose for us and on the flip side it is a win/win for them. They get the shot at knocking us off but if they lose it's expected or when it's more evenly matched they can just rationalize the loss away. Take this year's excuses for example, "We beat ourselves" "It was just two plays that beat us" etc.

I'm not so sure lamb fans will ever wish this game away. Without this game they are relegated to secondary status in the state in perpetuity. With the game, it gives them an opportunity to upset us and claim "#1" status for a year. It is their moment in the sun and they won't let it go.

As is often said the game is a lose/lose for us and on the flip side it is a win/win for them. They get the shot at knocking us off but if they lose it's expected or when it's more evenly matched they can just rationalize the loss away. Take this year's excuses for example, "We beat ourselves" "It was just two plays that beat us" etc.

That "it was just two plays that beat us" shows how bad they are at math. Even without those two plays, they are not ahead. And did they forget the game ended with us showing mercy by taking a knee on their side of the field?

Now they're thinking CU (and the Pac12) will allow the game to be moved to the day after Thanksgiving so a "real rivalry game" can be played "when both teams have all the kinks worked out".

No, I am not making that up.

That being said, I propose we don't start anymore CSU threads until August 2014.

Now they're thinking CU (and the Pac12) will allow the game to be moved to the day after Thanksgiving so a "real rivalry game" can be played "when both teams have all the kinks worked out".

That being said, I propose we don't start anymore CSU threads until August 2014.

I'll second that with an added amendment that we start one for the basketball game.

I agree and hereby take the pledge...

I agree and hereby take the pledge...
animal_house_760.jpg

Didn't the Pac 12 add a rule that all non-conference games have to be played in the first 3 games of the season, with the exception of the Stanford/USC rivalry games against ND grandfathered in? I think even Utah had to push up the BYU game. I don't see anyone clamoring to make an exception for CU/CSU.

The most delusional of them will always want it but the majority could be persuaded if we started thumping them by 35+ points every year and taking away any hope they have of getting a win. We need to turn it into a body bag game. A game like Bama is going to put on them where they are so overmatched that the injuries coming out of the game impact them the rest of the year because it is such a missmatch.

We are a long way from there right now but we have been that good before and could/should do it again.

Was looking at their schedule earlier. Rams could lose nine games this year.

Don't worry about me starting new CSU threads on the football board...there's always the Island.

As long as Nash is here the sheep****ers will have representation.

Damn it! Now I'm gritting my teeth again! Darn well did cost us; just like many of GB's lazy/questionable tactics did.

Teams evolve as a season goes along. Losing to Fresno may have been the best thing for that team.

Loud farts in church. CSU threads after the RMS. whatever.

that is a very good example of CSU's naivete as to how close these two programs are. The reason this series has been so close lately is the fact that it's been played as the first game of the season. When it is, CSU literally gameplans for CU for a solid month before the season. When they can't, CU is even more dominant. CU is something like 8-1 when this isn't the first game of the season.

that is a very good example of csu's naivete as to how close these two programs are. The reason this series has been so close lately is the fact that it's been played as the first game of the season. When it is, csu literally gameplans for cu for a solid year before the season. When they can't, cu is even more dominant. Cu is something like 8-1 when this isn't the first game of the season.

fify

Back