What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Funny thread from ShaggyBevo

The big Bevo statue has been the ugliest thing in Austin for several years. Now these? Looks like I have some work to do this weekend, better borrow the sledgehammer from my office....

podgif.gif

OMG OMG OMG

That message board is a straight crackhouse fraternity. So much for being representative of the whole fanbase (i.e. students, young alums, old farts), like many messageboards (not AllBuffs though). And for being a reputable board nationally, there were only about two dozen users posting over and over.

OMG! I just laughed so hard Fruity Pebbles just shot onto my computer screen. :rofl:

Thanks Wally for the bump. I had last been on page 13, so spent another hour or two catching up...
Crazy funny stuff.

Thanks Wally for the bump. I had last been on page 13, so spent another hour or two catching up...
Crazy funny stuff.

Page 13? It starts getting crazy good on about page 20. Oh, and that Aha Video/Scary Golfer Guy/Family Guy synthesis was beyond fantastic.

Yeah, I know, it got really good later.

I'd like to make a contribution to the thread but haven't come up with an ideas worthy of shaggy bevo so far. Ideas?

I don't think it's a "Glee" type of crowd...

golfer guy glee.jpg

Ideas? No.

But the best photoshops/gifs on this thread, in my opinion, incorporate a couple of different themes:

1. Race. The race imagery is so interesting here, because the Chinese view of what black Americans look like mirrors so closely offensive stereotypes from our own history. It's a chance to make fun of those stereotypes in both our historic selves, but also in contemporary Chinese culture. My two favorite examples are the Vince Young MVP/BCS championship acceptance in blackface and also the Disney/Uncle Remus Brer tar baby.

2. Internet culture. Combining internet phenomena is funny. Getting Rickrolled is funny. Getting Golfer-guy rolled is hilarious! Also, the Tiger Woods' photos etc...

3. Popular culture. The movie gifs and Star Wars images are perfect for this. There's an image of Colt as Luke flying a fighter in an image that appears to be illustrated. It's so perfect it looks as though it was always "scared colt" flying. The Darth Vader sans helmet/Golfer guy was beautiful work, btw. Seamless.

4. Matching the expressions. Colt looks scared, so putting him in frightening situations works. Roger Clemons looks not straight. Putting him on the gay pride float was hilarious to me. Especially when you consider the uber-manly image he likes to cultivate.

5. Cult films and images. Dazed and Confused was a pretty sweet photoshop. I loved the Spinal Tap image because it used Colt's head in a new and innovative way.

If you can combine two or more of these themes, I think you have a winner. I agree, it's not the Glee crowd--it will require some thought.

Well, I'll only post if I get truly inspired and feel it's quality work. So ... don't hold your breath.

Nothing worse than getting booed by internet scum.

Back