What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Non-Conference Schedule

Games of November 3, 1990: #9 Colorado beat #3 Nebraska 27-12. #1 Virginia lost to #16 Georgia Tech. #4 Auburn was routed by #15 Florida. The rankings at the end of the 1st week of November were #1 Notre Dame, #2 Washington, #3 Houston, and #4 Colorado. .

That Virginia / Georgia Tech game was unbelievable, with GT nailing a field goal to win 41-38 over #1 UVA in Charlottesville. Absolutely devastated what was a fantastic squad with Shawn and Herman Moore.

Last edited:
That Virginia / Georgia Tech game was unbelievable, with GT nailing a field goal to win 41-38 over #1 UVA in Charlottesville. Absolutely devastated what was a fantastic squad with Shawn and Herman Moore.

i liked Shawn Moore as a college player. kinda disappointing as a Bronco draft pick, but doesn't take away from his UVA career.

Yeah look at all those great recruits who have been knocking down the door to play that big time football schedule the University of Colorado plays!!

LOL
We aren't ready to play a big time non conference schedule. What good is it to get waxed by a top 10 team? We would never get to a bowl.

On that note, I wouldn't mind playing AF, they don't have the big brother little brother thing. Nice easy road trip for either school.

Would be a fun series and certainly challenging. It would make for a tough OOC game. This also brings up the concept of rotating AF, Wyoming and CSU. I am in favor of that. Play each one once every 3 years or so.

On that note, I wouldn't mind playing AF, they don't have the big brother little brother thing. Nice easy road trip for either school.
I used to live in Colo Sprgs in Rockrimmon, next to Air Force campus. Absolutely beautiful place to play football. Much better than that $h--ho-e in Ft. Collins.

Would be a fun series and certainly challenging. It would make for a tough OOC game. This also brings up the concept of rotating AF, Wyoming and CSU. I am in favor of that. Play each one once every 3 years or so.

I don't get the big opposition to CSU (other than playing in Denver). We should have an easy win most years while taking Lamb fan $$$ (would a division II or lesser opponent matchup draw as big of a crowd? - I doubt it). But I like the idea of rotating AF, Wyoming, and CSU better. I'm old enough to remember the CU/AF series in the late 60's/early 70's and there were some exciting games (and upsets on both sides)

The CSU game is going to be a huge pain in the ass when trying to get the promised six home games at folsom. CU will need 2 of the 2 remaining OOC games to be @ home in odd years and 1 of 2 to be @ home in even years. That means if CU wants to play home and homes with big time BCS schools, they need to get the years to line up correctly AND will have to start bringing in FCS or very lower tier FBS schools for a YEARLY guaranteed game (those games really suck from a fans perspective, unless they are home game 7 or 8). As long as CSU remains in Denver it will not be possible to have the 6 home games at Folsom and 2 for 1's with MWC, MAC, WAC, etc schools while also scheduling 1 for 1 series with real BCS schools. One of those will have to give.

So given that, the CSU series really has to be moved to Boulder for every other year... preferably odd years given the P12 schedule rotation. If CSU wants to pay their home game at Invesco, let them.

CU should schedule at most 1 toss-up or game in which we aren't favored per OOC. I would rather see one bad team (CSU), one mediocre team that we should beat, and then one team we are evenly-matched with than having multiple tough OOCs per season. And the no-hopers? I would just as soon not see any of them for now.

Talk of scheduling that would facilitate a NC bid is foolish right now. We aren't anywhere near that level.

If we never play Nebraska again, it'll be too soon. Just say no to allowing the nubs any more publicity in this state than they've received the last 40 years. Let them move here and have to scrounge for coverage of their beloved fuskers.

The CSU game is going to be a huge pain in the ass when trying to get the promised six home games at folsom. CU will need 2 of the 2 remaining OOC games to be @ home in odd years and 1 of 2 to be @ home in even years. That means if CU wants to play home and homes with big time BCS schools, they need to get the years to line up correctly AND will have to start bringing in FCS or very lower tier FBS schools for a YEARLY guaranteed game (those games really suck from a fans perspective, unless they are home game 7 or 8). As long as CSU remains in Denver it will not be possible to have the 6 home games at Folsom and 2 for 1's with MWC, MAC, WAC, etc schools while also scheduling 1 for 1 series with real BCS schools. One of those will have to give.

So given that, the CSU series really has to be moved to Boulder for every other year... preferably odd years given the P12 schedule rotation. If CSU wants to pay their home game at Invesco, let them.

:iagree:

With the new Pac-12 money, it may be possible to buy out of some of the last few years of the CSU contract. With CSU in Denver every year, and with only four conference home games in odd years, the Buffs are really up against it in trying to schedule decent competition. In order to avoid a five game home slate (see: 2011), the Buffs will have to have two home OOC games in 2013, 2015, etc., and that won't happen with home-and-home requirements from decent BCS schools.

The upside of adding teams willing to come for a check (Northern Colorado; Wyoming; New Mexico?) is that Colorado is not required to generate the extra revenue from attracting great non-conference games. In the "make your own money" Big 12, Colorado had to run off to Georgia, while Nebraska played to 80,000 against (insert directional school of your choice). Now, with equal revenue sharing from television, the CU athletic department is not required to prostitute itself (two-for-one with Florida State, for example) in order to maintain the bottom line.

My pitch to CSU
- Yes, we have a contract. Yes, it goes on into the next decade. However, if you want to play Colorado ever again after the contract expires, you will agree, starting in 2013, to play in Boulder every other year (so CU can have some flexibility with its other two OOC games). Otherwise, you will never see the Buffs (and the guaranteed money from a Denver game) ever again once the existing contract expires.

I would love for the Buffs to come east and do a home/home with a Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina or Rutgers - winnable games with valuable exposure for east coast prospects. I think SMU would be wise for exposure in Dallas, and while we'll be seeing very few (if any) of our old Big XII companions at any point in the next two decades, don't be surprised if Texas Tech makes an appearance as they are one of the closest BCS programs to Boulder in terms of proximity.

whoever they schedule, they need to make sure that 6 games are being played in Folsom on an annual basis. 1 in Denver. They need revenue - for both CU and DEN/Boulder.

of course, this means fans from the front range getting their butts in the seats.

Winning will cure that.

I see no problem playing a decent I-AA team annually at Folsom. Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington, someone.

Over the next twenty years I would like the CUAD to make arrangement to play on America's campuses with tons of football tradition and a reputation for a great game day atmosphere. A home & home series with each of these would suit me fine. If CU has one A-opponent each year, this would be my list.LSU Ole Miss Tennessee South Carolina Virginia Penn State Wisconsin Notre Dame Army Alabama Iowa The B game should rotate CSU, AFA and Wyo.The C game should be whoever comes to Folsom on a 1-and-done, or some cupcake that meets recruiting needs in Texas or Florida or Ohio or whatever.

Over the next twenty years I would like the CUAD to make arrangement to play on America's campuses with tons of football tradition and a reputation for a great game day atmosphere. A home & home series with each of these would suit me fine. If CU has one A-opponent each year, this would be my list.LSU Ole Miss Tennessee South Carolina Virginia Penn State Wisconsin Notre Dame Army Alabama Iowa The B game should rotate CSU, AFA and Wyo.The C game should be whoever comes to Folsom on a 1-and-done, or some cupcake that meets recruiting needs in Texas or Florida or Ohio or whatever.
Why would we schedule one sure loss every other year playing at Bama, LSU, Scar, UT, PSU, etc?

Why would we schedule one sure loss every other year playing at Bama, LSU, Scar, UT, PSU, etc?
Because life is short. The opportunity to see my beloved Buffs in the best college football venues in America means something.And shame on you for automatically tagging those games as losses. Lots can and will change over 20 years.

Because life is short. The opportunity to see my beloved Buffs in the best college football venues in America means something.And shame on you for automatically tagging those games as losses. Lots can and will change over 20 years.
You really think any of those schools are going to take a nose dive anytime soon at home?

You really think any of those schools are going to take a nose dive anytime soon at home?

Not only do I think that, I can guarantee it. Some of those teams will be ****** within 20 years. Less than 20 years ago half of them were pretty ******. South Carolina has never been good from what I recall, get rid of Spurrier and they probably go back to being terrible. Texas was crap before Mack got there. LSU wasn't great before Saban got there. Penn State could fall apart post Paterno.

And have some faith in CU, good lord man. Auto loss at South Carolina? Grow some balls.

I have faith in CU...just not on the road in an SEC stadium. Yes Scar has never been good but that doesn't make going into their stadium and beating them. Bama may be the best program of all time and has a home record of 474-125-24. UT is also Tennessee and they've been down but like all SEC teams they're tough at home with a record of 480-121-24. LSU has been the best program of the BCS era and always has talent in their own backyard and Death Valley is probably the toughest stadium for visitors and they have a record of 436-161-21.

Skid is right. Life is short, so why schedule nearly sure losses on the road when we could have a home game and put another W in the win column?

Tennessee - in a rutAlabama - played CU in the Independence Bowl in 2007.Ole Miss - is cyclicalLSU - The Mad Hatter drives Tiger fans nuts for suspect game day coaching. Penn State - JoPa won't be there forever. They looked BAD in their Bowl GameNotre Dame - Haven't been relevant for a decadeVirginia - Not scary Army - Not scaryIowa - CyclicalCalling those games automatic losses is nothing short of insulting.The general consensus is that CU should play an A game against a BCS opponent, a B game against CSU, and a C game against a mid major.Seeing that A-games are important, I'm simply calling the A games I'd like to see.Notice the absence of B12, Nubs, and programs we've faced (Georgia, FSU, WVU, Mich)

Why are A games so important? If we win it's great but what do we gain by losing? I'd much rather rack up 10 wins a year, play an easy OOC schedule and then play the usual conference schedule and make a BCS bowl yearly than being a 7-8 win team and making low level bowls. Bama also since 2007 has won a MNC, had a heisman winner, and has continued to win.

1. CSU home and "home"
2. Cupcake (SJSU, Idaho, UNLV, UNM, etc)
3. B level game (Rutgers, Boston College, Illinois, UCF, etc)

Creatini - if you aren't in jail or flat broke when you are 35, you'll have seen as many as 90 more games in Folsom. You might get to all the Pac12 stadiums. Then you'll realize how magic game day is on other campuses. Why settle for a study diet of unappealing BCS campuses? Who wouldn't want to see the Buffs beat LSU in Death Valley? Remember the Miracle at Michigan? It's experiences like winning in Michigan that CU fans treasure for a lifetime. Much more satisfying than winning at Purdue or Vandy or Northwestern.

Predicting my future again eh? It'd be nice to beat LSU is Death Valley yes but it's going to take a massive turn around to even get close to being able to do that. Can it be done in 20 years? Hopefully but we don't know. We could be ****ting the bed for another 20 years. I'd rather see CU win than see them in other stadiums.

**** you Dan Hawkins! My generations idea of the Buffs schedule was Anytime, anyone, anywhere. 'tini's version of the buffs scheduling: Please don't hurt us.

Back