What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Non-Conference Schedule

Predicting my future again eh? It'd be nice to beat LSU is Death Valley yes but it's going to take a massive turn around to even get close to being able to do that. Can it be done in 20 years? Hopefully but we don't know. We could be ****ting the bed for another 20 years. I'd rather see CU win than see them in other stadiums.
LSU was one of 10 teams I called out. Each team on my list is known for a great tailgate.Even though I've seen CU lose at WVU, Texas, Cal, I'm still grateful for the opportunity to walk those campuses, drink beer with roaming Buffs fans, and meet good college football fans. I've seen CU win at Oklahoma, at Nebraska, at Texas A&M. I can testify CU doesn't always loose in tough stadiums. I treasure those memories and want to add to them.Have you ever travelled to see the Buffs play a great road game? It's awesome and only makes the games in Folsom that much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
**** you Dan Hawkins! My generations idea of the Buffs schedule was Anytime, anyone, anywhere. 'tini's version of the buffs scheduling: Let's get games we can win at home until we're back to the level we were at under Mac.
fify

**** you Dan Hawkins! My generations idea of the Buffs schedule was Anytime, anyone, anywhere. 'tini's version of the buffs scheduling: Please don't hurt us.

Hey @sshole, you don't speak for me! I was still a student when Hawk took over the program and I always enjoyed tough OOCs. Don't you dare associate my generation (Class of '07 represent!!) with 'tini's pussyfication.

Last edited:

I call bull****. Mac picked the biggest baddest guys in the conference and said "You are our rival." CU was horrible when Mac took over but he still went after the bog boys.

Hey @sshole, you don't speak for me! I was still a student when Hawk took over the program and I always enjoyed tough OCCs. Don't you dare associate my generation (Class of '07 represent!!) with 'tini's pussyfication.

Rep

NVM YMSSR but I'll get you when my 24 hours are up/ :lol:

Hey @sshole, you don't speak for me! I was still a student when Hawk took over the program and I always enjoyed tough OCCs. Don't you dare associate my generation (Class of '07 represent!!) with 'tini's pussyfication.
Sorry I'd rather win games than play a tough OOC and lose but still have the enjoyment of going to the away game. And I'm just talking about the Bamas or PSU's, not Iowa. Those games are fine but we should stick with areas we need exposure for recruiting.

Sorry I'd rather win games than play a tough OOC and lose but still have the enjoyment of going to the away game. And I'm just talking about the Bamas or PSU's, not Iowa. Those games are fine but we should stick with areas we need exposure for recruiting.
Don't forget the flip side of the A-game equation. In a home-and-home series, the A-team also comes to Boulder. Season ticket holders were very pleased with the outcome of the UGA and WVU games. Those were black-out games played in front of a national audience. Boulder and CU fans expect a good set of home games against A-list teams.There's no need to cheapen the A-Game and duck LSU. We fans were promised LSU some time in the next 10 years. I expect CU will attempt to honor that commitment.

Just to dumb this down a little more:

4b2008ca-aff4-646d.jpg

4b2008ca-b001-b208.jpg

4b2008ca-b00e-6fbc.jpg

Virginia
4b2008ca-b01b-a306.jpg

4b2008ca-b05a-de55.jpg

The South does have some dank BBQ but I still don't think we need to schedule the LSU's yet.

When the series was cancelled, the CUAD mentioned they'd consider getting the home-and-home in ten years or so. I think 2020 or 2021 would be about right.

If CU sucks for the next 10 years, then I want to go anyway. If CU gets back into the top 25, that would be even better. Ducking LSU for an A-OOC is weak.

4b2008ca-bfcf-f851.jpg

4b2008ca-bfde-6a7f.jpg

4b2008ca-bfeb-f5a0.jpg

Why would we schedule one sure loss every other year playing at PSU

This game is a win. PSU sucks and they have not been good in a long time.... the year they had 1 loss.... was an anomaly....

If we can beat Georgia with D2, then we can beat South Carolina. The Gamecocks are essentially a perennial joke - don't let them fool you because they've had a few 6-7 win seasons lately. Their fans are great and amazingly loyal (sold out every game w/ 80k+ when they went 0-11 in '99) ,but they'd have a lot more wins and bowl games under their belt if they hadn't bolted from the ACC all those years ago

As for Penn State, I've been to many college football stadiums, and Penn State is up there in terms of one hell of an atmosphere. I was of the belief that northern schools couldn't match the SEC in intensity when I went up to State College in Nov. 2002, and I was proven wrong. I'll be interested to see how Ohio State compares this September - hopefully a decent amount of Buffs will show up in Columbus

i know almosts dont count, but they do, sorta. even with awful hawkins coached teams we almost beat uga at their place and almost beat bama in ****ing shreeveport.

I don't know why, but CU always manages to play pretty well against SEC teams. We don't always win. In fact, we usually don't. But the games are pretty close. OTOH, we don't play the SEC very often. I suspect we'll play them even less frequently now.

LSU was one of 10 teams I called out. Each team on my list is known for a great tailgate.Even though I've seen CU lose at WVU, Texas, Cal, I'm still grateful for the opportunity to walk those campuses, drink beer with roaming Buffs fans, and meet good college football fans. I've seen CU win at Oklahoma, at Nebraska, at Texas A&M. I can testify CU doesn't always loose in tough stadiums. I treasure those memories and want to add to them.Have you ever travelled to see the Buffs play a great road game? It's awesome and only makes the games in Folsom that much better.

Major truth there Skiddy -...I started doing road trips during the '05 season while I was still at CU, and Ive grown to enjoy my CU football road trips just as much as games at Folsom, if not more (especially since Ive graduated - I haven't been back for a home game but I continue to try to make at least 1 road game a year)...while I love the Folsom game day experience, the experience of supporting the Buffs away from the friendly confines of Folsom is unforgettable...I look forward to my CU road trip(s) each year more than just about anything else...it truly is a great experience to explore new campuses, stadiums, and towns, get to know other fanbases and their traditions, and get to see the Buffs play all in one awesome weekend...

Last edited:
..while I love the Folsom game day experience, the experience of supporting the Buffs away from the friendly confines of Folsom is unforgettable...I look forward to my CU road trip(s) each year more than just about anything else...it truly is a great experience to explore new campuses, stadiums, and towns, get to know other fanbases and their traditions, and get to see the Buffs play all in one awesome weekend...

Completely agree. This move to the Pac-12 is so exciting in the new road venues it opens up for us - I mean, we have to be playing the most intriguing road games of anyone in the country this year. I really hope our fanbase takse maximum advantage of this and shows up in force on the road up and down the left coast. It was so disappointing to be on the road in the Big XII and only have a few hundred CU faithful in attendance (not that you can blame people for avoiding Manhattan or Ames), but it truly does make a difference both in performance and perception of the program. CU can be much more competitive in the P12-South than many are predicting - let's give them that extra edge on the road. Beating teams at Folsom is obviously great, but walking out of opposing stadiums after a CU victory is a truly special moment. You better believe I've got that crucial late November road date in Pasadena circled!!

you want to talk about some weak weak OOC schedules, PSU. i have buddies who are Penn St guys and they are beyond embarrassed....to like writing letters, not donating, etc. Coastal Carolina last year i think.

Penn St., the ones i've met, are in my experience really good people. great fans...and generally pretty smart. they reflect well on the school. Happy Valley is cool, too.

you want to talk about some weak weak OOC schedules, PSU. i have buddies who are Penn St guys and they are embarrassed. Coastal Carolina last year i think.

Cal playing the Presbyterian Blue Hose of Conway, SC is a gutsy move on their part this fall. Presbyterian is smaller than most high schools.

My pitch to CSU - Yes, we have a contract. Yes, it goes on into the next decade. However, if you want to play Colorado ever again after the contract expires, you will agree, starting in 2013, to play in Boulder every other year (so CU can have some flexibility with its other two OOC games). Otherwise, you will never see the Buffs (and the guaranteed money from a Denver game) ever again once the existing contract expires.

Agree completely with you and goBeers. We need to change our current setup with CSU to accomodate our new conference affiliation's 9 conference game schedule. I agree that your pitch is the best way to do it. Hopefully, the threat of them never seeing us again will impact them so much that we won't even have to pay all that much to "alter" the contract. We could even begin talks with AFA or Wyoming to fill the void to show CSU who's really in charge here if they start demanding stuff from us.

As for Penn State, I've been to many college football stadiums, and Penn State is up there in terms of one hell of an atmosphere. I was of the belief that northern schools couldn't match the SEC in intensity when I went up to State College in Nov. 2002, and I was proven wrong. I'll be interested to see how Ohio State compares this September - hopefully a decent amount of Buffs will show up in Columbus

Penn State has a unique atmosphere in that they have a section that RV's load up from Thursday night through Sunday. The people in the RV's are extremely gracious and will feed ANYONE that comes to that section. They set up TV's outside, pig roasts, and many food cooking stations....

It is a great game day food experience...... Their team however.... has not been up to par recently..... so I would really enjoy playing them....

Penn State has a unique atmosphere in that they have a section that RV's load up from Thursday night through Sunday. The people in the RV's are extremely gracious and will feed ANYONE that comes to that section. They set up TV's outside, pig roasts, and many food cooking stations....

It is a great game day food experience...... Their team however.... has not been up to par recently..... so I would really enjoy playing them....

This is the basis for a book a Bama fan wrote called Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. The writer was transplanted up north and decided he needed his fix. Bought the crappiest RV he could and hit every Tide game, home and away, following the same weekend schedule you outline above. Fun read.

This is the basis for a book a Bama fan wrote called Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. The writer was transplanted up north and decided he needed his fix. Bought the crappiest RV he could and hit every Tide game, home and away, following the same weekend schedule you outline above. Fun read.

I remember by step-dad (big Oklahoma fan) telling me when the Tide visited Norman in the early 00's....that the Tide brought the RV's in force and started arriving on Tuesday of game week. they set up a kind Bama RV carnival city in the gigantic parking lot of the Lloyd Noble Center (OU's basketball arena)....and partied and BBQ'd the whole week up to kickoff. over 100 RV's.

come Sunday, they cleaned up and left. like they were never there.

Back