What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future of *ebraska game

When should CU shuck the corn every year?

• Total voters
True, although there were 3 home games that kicked off at 11am or earlier this season. That's pushing it.

Agreed. One game a year at that time isn't bad, but three gets old real quickly.

What they ought to do is move the stincoln game to 11:00 permanently and the Boulder game to 1:30 permanently. Boulder is the only B12 team in the Mountain time zone. So instead of the game being at 11:00, it's at 10:00. That's one hour, but it means a whole lot.

Not a bad solution there.

I voted for Friday although I'd be more in favor of Saturday if it were to get a permanent afternoon start time. Morning kickoffs are ridiculous.

Before it started rotating though, I think I remember it being "ours" until they started to whine. Maybe that's just my slant on things though...

It used to start at 12:30 MST until they started rotating it with the UT-A&M game.

The good thing about morning games is that you get wasted and go to the game, but still have time to take a nap before getting wasted and going to party at night.:thumbsup:

Getting a way to see the game is a pain in the backside every Thanksgiving. I'm almost always on the road to see relatives and if I'm here, I have a houseful of people dead set on interrupting my quality FB watching time. Also, if I'm here I can't sneak away and leave my spouse to contend with the hungry horde while I go watch the game at Folsom. Move it to another weekend is my vote.

The good thing about morning games is that you get wasted and go to the game, but still have time to take a nap before getting wasted and going to party at night.:thumbsup:

Ya, those were the good ole days. Great thing about that is when you wake up from your nap you alcohol tolerence is through the roof. :thumbsup:

I would personally like to have it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving because it's harder for me to get the day off on that Friday considering you either have Tues. Wed. Thurs. off or Sat. Sun. Mon.

I like the idea of moving aggie/horns to a 6 pm kickoff, giving the buffs the 1:30 slot. Didn't aggie/ut used to always be Thanksgiving night when they were in the swc?

I'm trying to think of the obstacles to moving their game to the evening slot. I know the egg bowl is always on espn Friday night, no? I imagine that's in the contract espn signs with the sec. Are there any other traditional games on that Friday? I think I remember seeing asu/ua, but that's usually on Fox, so that wouldn't be an obstacle.

Any other games I'm missing?

I like the idea of moving aggie/horns to a 6 pm kickoff, giving the buffs the 1:30 slot. Didn't aggie/ut used to always be Thanksgiving night when they were in the swc?

I'm trying to think of the obstacles to moving their game to the evening slot. I know the egg bowl is always on espn Friday night, no? I imagine that's in the contract espn signs with the sec. Are there any other traditional games on that Friday? I think I remember seeing asu/ua, but that's usually on Fox, so that wouldn't be an obstacle.

I always thought the egg bowl was thanksgiving night:confused:

I'm almost certain UT/aggy is moving back to Thanksgiving night in the future. Didn't USC play Arizona State on Thanksgiving night last season?

I prefer the day after turkey-day, would prefer it in the afternoon so it gives me more time to recover from the night before. I plan on being in the game in Boulder in two years!

I prefer the day after turkey-day, would prefer it in the afternoon so it gives me more time to recover from the night before. I plan on being in the game in Boulder in two years!

Oh goodie. Another Fusker to come to Boulder to spread urban legands about our fans. :huh:

I plan on being in the game in Boulder in two years!

Well ok, but remember not just anyone can be a Buff. You really have to possess a great amount of skill and be very strong in the academics department. Only the cream of the crop get to wear a Buff uniform!

If you try real hard craven you just might qualify and be part of another big Buff win. :thumbsup:

If not there are always the hucksters, anybody can play for them :jester:

Hope you have a good time when you come, except for NU not winning:smile2:

I really like the garaunteed nationally televised aspect of our Friday game but I wish we could play the fuskers on a day when we can get more students to the game. The student section was packed for the FSU game this year...it's to bad that it's not the same for the game against our hated rival.

I really like the garaunteed nationally televised aspect of our Friday game but I wish we could play the fuskers on a day when we can get more students to the game. The student section was packed for the FSU game this year...it's to bad that it's not the same for the game against our hated rival.

Good point and it's something I always forget until faced with it on that day. Half the students leave town at about 2:00 PM on Wednesday and don't come back until Sunday afternoon.

Good point and it's something I always forget until faced with it on that day. Half the students leave town at about 2:00 PM on Wednesday and don't come back until Sunday afternoon.

It's worse now - they actually have the entire week off for Thanksgiving. I'm sure many of the students use it as an excuse to not go home but I think the dorms & sororities shut down over the holiday so some people don't have a choice but to leave.

I am ambivalent as to the time that we get to apply a boot to their overinflated backsides.

I have no intention of going to Lincoln to see a game. Been there, done that. It is not a fantastic destination. There are a number of other road games that have far more pleasant everything: surroundings, shopping, restaurants... Those areas have my travel dollar.

I DO like the tradition of decorating for Christmas while watching the day after T-day (when the game is an away game). I also like the long weekend in Boulder when the game is a home game.

You would certainly think this is good news for us as far as getting the game moved out of the early timeslot, starting with this season. Unless, of course, ABC has plans for putting some Pac-10 game in the later timeslot. :huh:

Oklahoma wants the Okla./OSU game moved to the day after Thanksgiving; I'm guessing it'll keep us in the rotation where we trade off early/late. Which sucks. Who wants to go to a football game at 10:00 in the morning?

Of course, they could move the early game to 5:00 that night, but I'm not betting on that. Instead of rotating the times they could set OU/OSU as the night game, and CU/NU as the 1:30 game. That would be perfect from my perspective. Having said that, if both CU and NU don't get real good real fast MU/KU will take our place.

Oklahoma wants the Okla./OSU game moved to the day after Thanksgiving; I'm guessing it'll keep us in the rotation where we trade off early/late. Which sucks. Who wants to go to a football game at 10:00 in the morning?

Of course, they could move the early game to 5:00 that night, but I'm not betting on that. Instead of rotating the times they could set OU/OSU as the night game, and CU/NU as the 1:30 game. That would be perfect from my perspective. Having said that, if both CU and NU don't get real good real fast MU/KU will take our place.

If OU-OSU is wanting to move their game to Friday then you're right, we'll probably remain in the early/late rotation. Good idea, why don't they play the early game at 1:30 and the late game at 5. :huh:

No football game should start be starting before noon local time!!

No question the 10 am start is brutal but I 'll get up at 2am to watch CU beat down Knu!

I love night games and as awsome as the day after thanksgiving is I would move the game to another day to make it a night game. Or just get a night time slot for that day.

Although CU wasn't very successful @ night last year but I'm sure that's going to change.

Back