What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future of Potts and Prentup

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
RG has talked about the impact of the East Campus academic building project. The school is planning to take the Potts and Prentup land to build academic buildings.

The most likely scenario for the relocation is to go to the "North" Campus. Basically, this means redeveloping the family housing and current football practice fields on the north side of Boulder Creek to create a sports complex for field sports and T&F.

We've heard talk of a new bridge being planned for crossing the creek along with that.

I think it would be allsome to have things located there in order to get the competition fields concentrated in the same area of the main campus near the new IPF (which hosts indoor T&F), the sports performance facilities and the new locker rooms & coaches offices within the redesigned Dal Ward.

One thing I was wondering: what about one single complex for both the field sports (soccer & lax) as well as T&F?

I was looking at the New Mexico board this morning due to the soccer match today and they have combined the two in a really good way.

http://golobos.com/sports/2015/5/12/GEN_2014010128.aspx

Their facility seats 6,200 people and has put UNM in the Top 10 on soccer attendance (both men & women) in the NCAA while serving as the spring home for their outdoor T&F.

Would a setup like that make sense for CU in that location?

I think the corner of Folsom and Arapahoe can be a wonderful gateway to the University, and specifically to the Athletic Department. Those family housing units are about 50 years old, and could use a rehab. All that area to the West of the practice fields could be made into new family housing. If money is no object, they could put a world class athletic training facility there, complete with Olympic sized swimming and diving wells. Wrestling, gymnastics, and even a whitewater course through the creek. CU -Boulder could be a de-facto U.S. Olympic training facility. This is all pie in the sky, but it's fun to dream about.

Back