What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Schedules?

seems to me that Nebraska took some media flak for playing UMass (though, last year's OOC for the bugchompers was Leach-esque, minus UW). i think there has to be a better "fit" on the east coast that combines exposure and winnable game. or even 2 for 1. UMass doesn't charge me up much. Rutgers or Syracuse, better imo. maybe don't get 2 for 1, but you travel east (primary objective)...and filling a home slot isn't brain surgery.

seems to me that Nebraska took some media flak for playing UMass (though, last year's OOC for the bugchompers was Leach-esque, minus UW). i think there has to be a better "fit" on the east coast that combines exposure and winnable game. or even 2 for 1. UMass doesn't charge me up much. Rutgers or Syracuse, better imo. maybe don't get 2 for 1, but you travel east (primary objective)...and filling a home slot isn't brain surgery.

Rutgers would be a solid choice as a few years ago they had some success with a good coach and put some guys in the league. Probably more winnable now and in a few years plus Big East. 50/50 odds or less Schiano is even the coach at that point. And, seems like we've been doing more recruiting than expected in NJ with decent results. I like it. I know sacky would make the trip.

I know sacky would make the trip.

Maybe. I'm a Princeton guy, though. In my family, Rutgers is viewed kind of like CSU is around here. Now, if we went and played Princeton - that would be epic. It would be an epic beat-down, but epic just the same.

Maybe. I'm a Princeton guy, though. In my family, Rutgers is viewed kind of like CSU is around here. Now, if we went and played Princeton - that would be epic. It would be an epic beat-down, but epic just the same.
"Princeton could use a guy like Sacky"

Indeed...
images

I never even bothered to apply. While I might have had a slim chance given the fact that my Dad went there, I don't think that would have been enough to overcome my entirely pedestrian GPA and test scores.

I never even bothered to apply. While I might have had a slim chance given the fact that my Dad went there, I don't think that would have been enough to overcome my entirely pedestrian GPA and test scores.

Yeah. It's not like you had 'Fairview' on your transcript to help you get in.

It was mentioned about a week ago on the CJ and Klatt show that we were in negotiations with an SEC school, one of either Auburn, Alabama, or LSU I think (there might have been a fourth school in that set). Given past history, and the fact that we originally had a series scheduled with them I would guess its likely LSU. So we're not looking to just have a new OOC diet of cupcakes.

It was mentioned about a week ago on the CJ and Klatt show that we were in negotiations with an SEC school, one of either Auburn, Alabama, or LSU I think (there might have been a fourth school in that set). Given past history, and the fact that we originally had a series scheduled with them I would guess its likely LSU. So we're not looking to just have a new OOC diet of cupcakes.

Apparently neither are they :)

I don't know, just because you and another creekside scoob say that Fairview sucks I can't by it as fact. I need 3rd party confirmation.

And get UCF on the sched for a 2 for one, y'all would love a roadie to O-town!!

What happens to these threads? I want to like AllBuffs, and am impressed with the recruiting sub-site, but every time I take a look here the threads disintregate to the chatter of 14-year-olds. I've heard from a number of other posters who would love to ignore the arguments over on NetBuffs, the hype on BuffScoop, the sunshine dwellers on Rivals, and the empty room echoes on Scout; but AllBuffs, after a good start to a thread, seems to unravel into the domain of a giggling bunch of schoolboys.

The stock market is up today, I made some great trades to recover completely from yesterday, I have three meetings this afternoon, but I also have a deep interest in CU's scheduling (especially after some healthy donations), and then I read this, whatever you call it. This stuff pushes the serious posters out.

What happens to these threads? I want to like AllBuffs, and am impressed with the recruiting sub-site, but every time I take a look here the threads disintregate to the chatter of 14-year-olds. I've heard from a number of other posters who would love to ignore the arguments over on NetBuffs, the hype on BuffScoop, the sunshine dwellers on Rivals, and the empty room echoes on Scout; but AllBuffs, after a good start to a thread, seems to unravel into the domain of a giggling bunch of schoolboys.

You got a problem with giggling school boys mutha****er?

The stock market is up today, I made some great trades to recover completely from yesterday, I have three meetings this afternoon, but I also have a deep interest in CU's scheduling (especially after some healthy donations), and then I read this, whatever you call it. This stuff pushes the serious posters out.

Actually, we're all 35.

EDIT:

Look, I'm somewhat sympathetic to your plight, and recognize that you probably won't find anything that quite suits your pure pursuit of the sport and Colorado athletics. As a major threadjacker around these parts (I lack focus, I really do) I suspect that the site you're hoping for wouldn't appeal to me.

There are some serious threads, though. Threads that don't really fall apart at the seams by the third page. You can go to the "Polotics and Religion" Forum for some serious, focused and respectful dialogue. Also, you might want to perform a search for either "The all-in-one-threadjack thread" or perhaps the "Soccer Sucks" thread. Both are uncanny in their focus and devotion to the subject of the Title.

Good luck in your search.

Go Buffs!

The Walrus

Last edited by a moderator:

I would argue that there are a number of serious posters here that this behavior does not alienate. Serious posters with a sense of humor. I'm glad your recovered from yesterday, and I'm glad you're a booster, and it seems that you're very busy. However, if can't laugh on allbuffs, where can you? Yes, threads get derailed, and the mods are pretty good at pruning them if they get to far off track, but most come back to the topic at hand. Chill out, Francis.

This is a good point. I don't know who the mods are these days, but it would be nice if there was some better control of the thread-jacking sometimes (I am guilty of it, occasionally, myself).

pabuff has successfully threadjacked the threadjack of the original thread. It is quite obvious that he is a super threadjacking ninja and you all fell into his trap.
I salute you pabuff! Your Kung Fu is the best.

UNT is a beatable program in a great recruiting region and have a nice, new on-campus stadium to boot. I've driven by it a bunch and looks like a good place to see a game. Easy drive to Denton, too, from the airport.

stadium-night.jpg

Hopefully the running game will be up to full speed if these guys are scheduled. Judging by the industrial-sized wind turbines right outside the stadium, it might be a bit tough to throw the ball, and kick field goals, here. It also looks like they hired nebrasky's architect for their endzone seating.

A "serious" thread would never last more than 2-3 pages, tops. Any threads that go beyond that are threadjacked in some way. That's the nature of things. I'm sorry if that is a problem for you.

A "serious" thread would never last more than 2-3 pages, tops. Any threads that go beyond that are threadjacked in some way. That's the nature of things. I'm sorry if that is a problem for you.
False statement. See: Youtube and jokes threads. However, pabuff is correct about there being a complete lack of serious posters here. If you want serious posters, I recommend lambnation. They are very very serious over there.

That's not true, and you know it. Once, when I was young, I visited a husker site. I found threads--on the topic of football, no less--that went on for pages and pages without theadjack. And it was serious stuff too--nobody said one funny thing. Of course folks were just saying the same stuff, over and over and agreeing with one another.

It's definitely the direction in which I'd like to see Allbuffs move. It's more civil that way...

False statement. See: Youtube and jokes threads. However, pabuff is correct about there being a complete lack of serious posters here. If you want serious posters, I recommend lambnation. They are very very serious over there.

Bah - your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.

Bah - your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.

I am pretty sure allbuffs is just a collection of posters who would get banned from all other sports fan sites.

Back