What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FWIW the TAMU boards have lit up with more realignment threads the last couple of day

Worst case scenario is that the conference dispands and UT wins out soft-ass regular season schedules and defaults their way into move national championship games. The other downside of recent realignments is that 2 more BCS conferences have have an anchor school in the state of Texas to help recruiting (Big East and TCU) and SEC (and aTm). That might make things tougher for out of state poachers like CU. Then again I would love to see UT's plans fall apart. Tough one.

Gene Stallings (former Texas A&M coach, and former Alabama coach) used to be on the board of regents for A&M. His term expired in February.

I wonder if his connection to the SEC helped them any during last year's mess.

Worst case scenario is that the conference dispands and UT wins out soft-ass regular season schedules and defaults their way into move national championship games. The other downside of recent realignments is that 2 more BCS conferences have have an anchor school in the state of Texas to help recruiting (Big East and TCU) and SEC (and aTm). That might make things tougher for out of state poachers like CU. Then again I would love to see UT's plans fall apart. Tough one.

Texas pride being what it is (not the university, I mean the residents), I would think that anything that disbands a Texas-centric conference only gives CU better recruiting opportunities. If the superconferences end up happening, bring OU-OSU-TTU-KU as a pod to the Pac-16 and put our CU-UU-UA-ASU pod with them in the East. Our Texas recruiting will be better than ever.

Texas pride being what it is (not the university, I mean the residents), I would think that anything that disbands a Texas-centric conference only gives CU better recruiting opportunities. If the superconferences end up happening, bring OU-OSU-TTU-KU as a pod to the Pac-16 and put our CU-UU-UA-ASU pod with them in the East. Our Texas recruiting will be better than ever.
That pod is better than an 8 team division... but I shudder at the thought of ever having to deal with those texas schools again. If the Big 12 really implodes... whats the ****ing point of including TTU and OSU? Let's just pick up OU and KU and call it good.

That pod is better than an 8 team division... but I shudder at the thought of ever having to deal with those texas schools again. If the Big 12 really implodes... whats the ****ing point of including TTU and OSU? Let's just pick up OU and KU and call it good.

Don't think we'd get OU without OSU, but I'd be totally cool with relegating TTU to the MWC for Missouri if for whatever reason the Big 10 decided to continue to look NE / Mid-Atlantic, don't think we'd go further East than that even if there was a feeding frenzy and something crazy happened like the ACC being split up.

I'm not arguing for or against this. I'm just saying that I'm sure UT and ESPN have done their research and would not blatantly break any rules. However they may be walking the line or pushing college sports in a bad direction...

Well, attorneys make judgements and go to court and lose all the time. No idea if the NCAA pursues that here, but it really seems fishy that you can award a television spotlight to a player your school is recruiting.

A guy at work today was telling me how the Longhorn network has agreed to televise 18 high school football games this year and they are all games for players that Texas is recruiting, including a game in Arizona because of the Brewer kid at QB that has committed to them.

What the hell? If that isn't a major violation right now, the NCAA needs to make it that way. I can just see the ridiculously unfair recruiting offer now: "Commit to us and we'll show your ****** high school football game on national TV!"

It's about getting the TV sets in Texas and like it or not the revenue they bring, even the 2nd tier schools.

That seems to be a very common idea to embrace around here. My best friend is a horn, and she indicates clearly that Texas should try to push the limits. That because kids in a sandbox do the same, it is justified.

My response was twofold: first, most people grew up from childish antics, and are keeping an eye on what is going on while Texas plays in their sandbox. No one missed that Texas tried to strongarm both the Pac-10 and Big Ten last year, then wrangled the Big 12 (on the brink of death) into doing what they want. Instead of getting giddy on that, they should be mindful that everyone blames them for wrecking the SWC, and they are LOSING ground in future conference reallignment talks. second, Texas can ill afford to be independent. Remember how people bailed on Austin frequently last year? What if they continue to put a poor product on the field?

I believe that Texas would be very satisfied to be independent. And who bailed on Austin last year? Every game I went to was packed.

I think 16 teams is too big. The only reason I like a 12 team conference is the benefit of the conference championship game.

I believe that Texas would be very satisfied to be independent. And who bailed on Austin last year? Every game I went to was packed.

I know the Tshirt fans around here sure shut the **** up. It was glorious. And another losing season and I bet there would be a lot of empty seats. Wasn't royal mostly empty by the end of the ucla game?

I know the Tshirt fans around here sure shut the **** up. It was glorious. And another losing season and I bet there would be a lot of empty seats. Wasn't royal mostly empty by the end of the ucla game?

It's been nice not seeing all the orange vagina's plastered everywhere. Weird how the number of USC and Texas fans have gone down but the number of Oregon fans has skyrocketed.

Last edited:

yes, but it's also almost empty by the end of every win as well. It's about 125 degrees in that oven during home games - you can only take so much haha.

Texas does have a TON of t-shirt fans, but they will continue to sell-out even during awful (sub 10 win) seasons. One losing season does not destroy a program. Most of the staff was replaced, and the team is starting from scratch this year. Weeding out some of the idiot t-shirt fans is OK by me.

The twitterverse is saying the SEC is going to make an announcment at today's opening of SEC Media days.

dennisdoddcbs Dennis Dodd

SEC commissioner to "definitely" have some news for us all during Mike Slive's state of the conference address. Don't quite know how big.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of CU t-shirt fans again. Sure they suck, but it's better to have them than not.

yes, but it's also almost empty by the end of every win as well. It's about 125 degrees in that oven during home games - you can only take so much haha.

Texas does have a TON of t-shirt fans, but they will continue to sell-out even during awful (sub 10 win) seasons. One losing season does not destroy a program. Most of the staff was replaced, and the team is starting from scratch this year. Weeding out some of the idiot t-shirt fans is OK by me.

i bet another couple years of mediocrity will fix that sellout situation pretty quick.

I think they would still sell out - but the "donation" to get on the season ticket waitlist may drop from thousands of dollars to hundreds of dollars.

I don't. Texas was a trainwreck in the 90s and the stadium had large portions empty during most games. There are too many teams and bandwagon opportunities in that state for the average fan to care that much.

Interesting question. I don't live there and try to avoid spending time there so I don't know but it seems like Texas has a lot of frontrunners. Died in the wool Longhorn (Cowboys, Mavericks, etc.) fans. . . . . . . as long as they are winning. Lose a few games and they are busy doing something else.

Interesting question. I don't live there and try to avoid spending time there so I don't know but it seems like Texas has a lot of frontrunners. Died in the wool Longhorn (Cowboys, Mavericks, etc.) fans. . . . . . . as long as they are winning. Lose a few games and they are busy doing something else.

Pro sports and college sports are a different animal in Texas. UT and A&M will always have their core fans. Most kids in Texas are raised on one or the other.

Pro sports are bandwagon sports, which take a second tier to college sports in most part of the state, unless you actually live in Dallas or Houston or Mexico.

Pro sports and college sports are a different animal in Texas. UT and A&M will always have their core fans. Most kids in Texas are raised on one or the other.

Pro sports are bandwagon sports, which take a second tier to college sports in most part of the state, unless you actually live in Dallas or Houston or Mexico.

May be true but I sure see a lot more UT crap like hats, T-shirts, and bumper stickers when they are winning. When they are losing those people put all that stuff away and act like nothing is happening. I know that this is normal for most schools or teams but it seems more pronounced with Texas fans.

So the SEC announcement had nothing to do with TAMU at all. Shocking.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday?author=Matt+Hinton

SEC commissioner Mike Slive said a lot of interesting things today to kick off the conference's annual media circus in Birmingham, Ala., most of it without departing from the tentative reform agenda he and other conference commishes have been teasing for months now, or even longer. He'd like to lead a national discussion on beefing up the value of athletic scholarships, and offering multi-year scholarships with clear guidelines to head off the scourge of oversigning. He'd like to implement some financial means for former athletes to pursue undergraduate degrees outside of the current six-year window. He'd like to work with the NFL to reform restrictions on agents contacting college players. He'd like to "streamline" the NCAA rulebook by loosening tedious recruiting rules based on the "illusion" of a level playing field. Et cetera. At some point, he'd like to get his entire "National Agenda For Change" in front of the NCAA.

May be true but I sure see a lot more UT crap like hats, T-shirts, and bumper stickers when they are winning. When they are losing those people put all that stuff away and act like nothing is happening. I know that this is normal for most schools or teams but it seems more pronounced with Texas fans.

Biggest T-shirt fans (IMO):

Not in order

Texas Longhorns
USC trojans
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Lakers (i said not in order but this is #1)
Miami Hurricanes
Every Pro Boston team
Rockies (just in denver)
Dodgers
Notre Dame
ManU
Chicago Bulls

Not in order

Texas Longhorns
USC trojans
Dallas Cowboys
Miami Hurricanes
Every Pro Boston team
Rockies (just in denver)
Dodgers
Notre Dame
ManU
Chicago Bulls

Pretty accurate list,

cut the sleeves off and put some chew spittle stains on it and it is likely a Nebraska shirt.

You are probably correct. I don't get to see it because I live in Austin, and 50% of people here are wearing orange every day of the week - and most every car has either a UT or A&M sticker/emblem. There is no change here based on how the team is doing, but I"m sure there is elsewhere - especially outside of TX.

I know that I rock my CU stuff all the time, and have gotten a lot of **** for it lately. **** Dan Hawkins.

You are probably correct. I don't get to see it because I live in Austin, and 50% of people here are wearing orange every day of the week - and most every car has either a UT or A&M sticker/emblem. There is no change here based on how the team is doing, but I"m sure there is elsewhere - especially outside of TX.

I know that I rock my CU stuff all the time, and have gotten a lot of **** for it lately. **** Dan Hawkins.

True fan, wears the colors win or lose.:nod:

Not in order

Texas Longhorns
USC trojans
Dallas Cowboys
Miami Hurricanes
Every Pro Boston team
Rockies (just in denver)
Dodgers
Notre Dame
ManU
Chicago Bulls

Good list, however you pretty much just listed the most sucessful sports teams of all time. I see a correlation here...

And you forgot the Yankees

Good list, however you pretty much just listed the most sucessful sports teams of all time. I see a correlation here...

And you forgot the Yankees

That is because a lot of T-shirt fans start following these teams when they are young. Young people want to root on successful teams. The problem comes when these teams start losing. They then have no connection to the team and bail on them. In the process of bailing on them they usually pick up another team that is good at that moment.

I think you can see that in action with 'tini. I bet in a few years he will settle on the Buffs and forget about the rest because he will have a connection with the school.

I also forgot to add the dammed steelers to my list above. **** those ****ers. i hate them more than any other ****ers including Nub ****ers.

i didn't add the Yankee because even though I'm sure they have a **** ton of T-shirt fans, they have been good for so long that it is hard to tell for sure how many would drop off if they started losing.

Back