What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FWIW the TAMU boards have lit up with more realignment threads the last couple of day

awww, some of them still wish they were in the pac 12 and want them "to get it over with already." stupid whorns, not gonna happen.
That's the best part of it - they want in, but we're all out of invites... awwwwww, someone needs a hug they'll never get

296_want-a-hug.jpg

I cant believe people actually have teams for that wtf?

Ever been to College Station? Watching **** like that may be as good as it gets, unless you enjoy watching cows **** or hicks spitting tobacco. :lol:

Ever been to College Station? Watching **** like that may be as good as it gets, unless you enjoy watching cows **** or hicks spitting tobacco. :lol:
Yeah been there more times than I wanted to but it's been a long time. I must have missed them playing that, good God lol.

A radio station somewhere is saying that MU, OSU, OU, and Texas A&M could go to the SEC...that would mean the state of Missouri, Oklahoma, and a huge chunk of Texas would be under the SEC's media roof. That would be one bad nightmare for Larry Scott and Jim Delaney.

Update: Check OrangePower which is an OSU board. Those fans are speculating that is the reason why Beebe told UT to keep HS football games off the Longhorn Network.

Last edited:
A radio station somewhere is saying that MU, OSU, OU, and Texas A&M could go to the SEC...that would mean the state of Missouri, Oklahoma, and a huge chunk of Texas would be under the SEC's media roof. That would be one bad nightmare for Larry Scott and Jim Delaney.

Larry Scott wouldn't care. In fact, I don't think Jim Delany would care, either. He had his shot at Mizzou and passed. The people who should be worried about that scenario are Dan Beebe and Deloss Dodds. Oh, and Chip Brown.

Larry Scott wouldn't care. In fact, I don't think Jim Delany would care, either. He had his shot at Mizzou and passed. The people who should be worried about that scenario are Dan Beebe and Deloss Dodds. Oh, and Chip Brown.
this...should they be worried maybe.... but it is by no means a nightmare as sacky said its a nightmare for beebe dodds and chippyb

Oh boy it's blowing up...the harmony between OU and UT is no longer there.

“I had raised that issue Wednesday morning, ironically, in a conference call we had with all the Big 12 presidents,” Boren said. “As you've seen since then, the commissioner has issued a statement, so at least it's temporarily put to bed and stopped.”
The NCAA has no legislation specific to a university-branded network broadcasting high school games, but a Big 12 bylaw would prohibit it for the Longhorn Network and any school that starts its own network in the future.

This is the perfect way to steal both the Pac-12 and Big Ten's thunder. Remember the SEC has $50.00 membership fees or something like that?

UT will kill that conference once it feels it has squeezed every ounce of worth out of it. If I were OU and A&M, I'd be on the phone with the SEC right freaking now. The hell with OSU, Tech, etc. It's every man for himself. If they had been smart, they would have figured that out last year.

Just a matter of time before UT killed it, they killed the SWC too. UT should just go independent.

It currently enjoys most of the benefits of being independent coupled with the benefits of conference affiliation. It has it's own network, it dictates who gets a portion of the conference money, with UT always getting the most of course. It has a built in schedule of patsies and one marquee game a year with OU. It is in a great spot. They don't want it to change anytime soon. However, this nasty business of Beebe growing a spine will have to stop. They will need to remind him of who is in charge. I expect High School games to be televised on the Longwhorn network starting in 2012.

It currently enjoys most of the benefits of being independent coupled with the benefits of conference affiliation. It has it's own network, it dictates who gets a portion of the conference money, with UT always getting the most of course. It has a built in schedule of patsies and one marquee game a year with OU. It is in a great spot. They don't want it to change anytime soon. However, this nasty business of Beebe growing a spine will have to stop. They will need to remind him of who is in charge. I expect High School games to be televised on the Longwhorn network starting in 2012.

I don't think Beebe is growing a spine. He/UT understands very clearly that they need a few years in the little 12 to build up the LHN and get the foundation set for an easy jump to independence. They COULD do it now, but it would not be optimal. Plus they are scared the NCAA will step in and say something about the LHN and highschool games. SO its smart for UT/Beebe to play nice with the big 12 for a couple years even though ESPN has apparently realized they were utterly moronic to give 300 mil to one school with 1/12 the content of the pac 12 even without considering the large amount of content reserved for the networks with higher tier games... and only ONE FB game, so far less important/valuable content.

How ESPN handles this will be interesting. They way overinvested in the LHN, so they will probably be pushing for a change to a big 12 NW. Even if UT goes independent and frees up a lot of Bball and Fball games for the network, there just won't be the valuable content to make the LHN worthwhile. Now that their stopgap of moving games to the LHN and showing HSF has gone to **** due to the 9 dwarves actually growing a spine (well, OU anyways), they have a huge incentive to fundamentally change either their deal with UT or their deal with the little 12...

Basically, its a foundation of sand. Should make for yearly (monthly?) death watch fun!

ESPN has been trying to hype Texas as the market team from the SW region....SEC west to Cali, south of the Big 10 since at least 2000. Mack and Chris Simms foiled them by losing a slew of big games to OU and us. Now, it's the same strategy.

I still say you people who think/prefer to think that OU has no spine in this matter are telling yourself hero stories about CU's move to the Pac. David Boren, OU prez, as i have noted a couple times is a shrewd SOB with a long history in the intelligence services....he ain't getting played by Deloss and doesn't need to "grow a spine". If he's kept his powder dry the last year, it's because OU has a lot to sell about itself and will make a move.

as i noted before, OU had offers from the Pac and SEC....and i'll believe Larry Scott and Slive about what OU brings to a conference before a bunch of post-facto "here's the hero story of CU to the Pac" legend we've accepted as truth. a lot of us here sound like Bugeater fans telling ourselves the bedtime story about how Dr. Tom "got over" on Texas.

CU would be very lucky to have had the leadership, experience (multi-term congressman, Rhodes Scholar, Yale grad) that OU has had from Boren. Judy Albino, Buffalo Betsy, Margaritaville Dick Tharp....

ESPN has been trying to hype Texas as the market team from the SW region....SEC west to Cali, south of the Big 10 since at least 2000. Mack and Chris Simms foiled them by losing a slew of big games to OU and us. Now, it's the same strategy.

I still say you people who think/prefer to think that OU has no spine in this matter are telling yourself hero stories about CU's move to the Pac. David Boren, OU prez, as i have noted a couple times is a shrewd SOB with a long history in the intelligence services....he ain't getting played by Deloss and doesn't need to "grow a spine". If he's kept his powder dry the last year, it's because OU has a lot to sell about itself and will make a move.

as i noted before, OU had offers from the Pac and SEC....and i'll believe Larry Scott and Slive about what OU brings to a conference before a bunch of post-facto "here's the hero story of CU to the Pac" legend we've accepted as truth. a lot of us here sound like Bugeater fans telling ourselves the bedtime story about how Dr. Tom "got over" on Texas.

CU would be very lucky to have had the leadership, experience (multi-term congressman, Rhodes Scholar, Yale grad) that OU has had from Boren. Judy Albino, Buffalo Betsy, Margaritaville Dick Tharp....

Wow man, I don't think you have an accurate view of how CU fans view the move. Strong misconstruing!

If Boren is as great as you say, he must have already figured out how he'll land once UT kicks OU to the curb. He has to know that will happen eventually, so if he truly is this uber genius, he has already made arrangements for where OU will go. Right?

Only a couple things have to go wrong and OU will be in a world of hurt. Of course, if they don't go wrong, no damage is done. Casting their lot with UT was a risky move, though. And a move without a lot of upside, IMO.

If Boren is as great as you say, he must have already figured out how he'll land once UT kicks OU to the curb. He has to know that will happen eventually, so if he truly is this uber genius, he has already made arrangements for where OU will go. Right?

Only a couple things have to go wrong and OU will be in a world of hurt. Of course, if they don't go wrong, no damage is done. Casting their lot with UT was a risky move, though. And a move without a lot of upside, IMO.

sure, it's a risky situation for OU....but you are one who posts over and over about how OU is UT's bitch...those guys invented hating Texas and beating them sometimes. ATM hates, but they don't beat. i think that's kind small-sided given that CU is coming off it's worst decade of men's sports in my lifetime and we are somehow the bigdog of expansion. you've posted many times about how OU (a top 5 football program over that same time-frame and just a few years away from an Elite 8 hoops appearance)....is somehow "left behind".

i think you are the one who clearly needs to back up the set of assumptions you post as fact. because not nearly of them are as self-evident as your theory of the future of the old Big XII. what i see is OU, one of the top 5 programs of all-time, had a home in the Pac (our heaven) and the SEC...but somehow Sackman (nothing personal) is smarter than Larry Scott and that Slive guy. I don't see it.

sure, it's a risky situation for OU....but you are one who posts over and over about how OU is UT's bitch...those guys invented hating Texas and beating them sometimes. ATM hates, but they don't beat. i think that's kind small-sided given that CU is coming off it's worst decade of men's sports in my lifetime and we are somehow the bigdog of expansion. you've posted many times about how OU (a top 5 football program over that same time-frame and just a few years away from an Elite 8 hoops appearance)....is somehow "left behind".

i think you are the one who clearly needs to back up the set of assumptions you post as fact. because not nearly of them are as self-evident as your theory of the future of the old Big XII. what i see is OU, one of the top 5 programs of all-time, had a home in the Pac (our heaven) and the SEC...but somehow Sackman (nothing personal) is smarter than Larry Scott and that Slive guy. I don't see it.

What, exactly am I passing off as fact? It makes no difference to me where OU ends up. But Stevie Wonder could see the situation OU is in right now and it's not good. UT runs the conference. Once UT decides the Big 12 no longer suits it's purposes, UT will blow up the conference - leaving A&M and OU to fend for themselves. OU is in a much better position than most anybody else, and I've never disputed that. They will *probably* end up in the SEC. There's no way of knowing for sure, though. It's not a matter of beating UT on the field of play. It's about maintaining relevance in the college athletics landscape. OU has a lot going for it - a fact that I've never once disputed. It also is UT's bitch. UT pulls the strings. UT makes the decisions. That's not a good spot for OU to be in. Even so, I'd much rather be in OU's shoes than KSU or ISU or Tech's.

Wow man, I don't think you have an accurate view of how CU fans view the move. Strong misconstruing!

I'mma disagree. i see the same stuff posted over and over. let's move on. we weren't any good the last half of the Big XII era, we were always geographical (and maybe) cultural outliers....we had no pull at all. OU has pull. their situ is a lot different than ours. just because it's fun to say that so and so is Texas' bitch....doesn't make it so. let's stop projecting our situation onto this.

i think the thrill we are getting here is just saying it and patting ourselves on the back. we got lucky. Mike Bohn got lucky. the guy works hard, no doubt about it. but, he's got Hawk as his marquee hire hanging around his neck. hiring Embree, gets the Mac boosters off his back. his fate/job is cast with theirs and their money. IMO, it's a shrewd move by MB to hire JE that shows some self-preservation instincts.

Anyway, OU is not in the same situation as CU was. if NCAA football was all about media markets, there would be good teams in NY. not Oklahoma or Nebraska or Colorado. the force-feed of the idea that it's all about audience demographics and fannies on the couch to sell to advertisers is what we are talking about. if we have the new Pac money, all our dreams will come true. all the other teams in the Pac have that money too. we need to win football games. OU is winning football games, they don't have a media problem, they are not coming off a boob of a HC.

the measure is on the TV. OU has been on channel 7 every gawdammned saturday or FOX or that night game with Musturdler and "Herbie" (moron) for the last decade....in Denver. those guys have media problems? this is the premise...?

i feel like i know Landry Jones and Sam Bradford...i've seen those guys play so many times.

Last edited:
Anyone who says OU is UT's female dog is sorely mistaken...OU fans can remind UT fans who has more national championships. You are all high on crack if you think UT owns OU.

Back