What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FYI, lots of rumors brewing in the SEC

More rumblings out there that perhaps the NCAA is closing in on Auburn. All over the rivals national board today, but it has been in the background for a while now. Not sure how credible it will all turn out to be though.

Link?

More rumblings out there that perhaps the NCAA is closing in on Auburn. All over the rivals national board today, but it has been in the background for a while now. Not sure how credible it will all turn out to be though.

The way I see it, if Auburn hasn't learned how to cover its tracks by now then no program is safe if it breaks the rules. Getting them again would be like when the feds convicted John "The Teflon Don" Gotti. Auburn boosters have learned to speak in code, avoid putting anything in writing, pay with cash, use intermediaries for plausible deniability, and never place a call from their own phones (in fact, to use disposable phones purchased with cash). That program is a cheating machine. Best in the biz by a long shot.

The way I see it, if Auburn hasn't learned how to cover its tracks by now then no program is safe if it breaks the rules. Getting them again would be like when the feds convicted John "The Teflon Don" Gotti. Auburn boosters have learned to speak in code, avoid putting anything in writing, pay with cash, use intermediaries for plausible deniability, and never place a call from their own phones (in fact, to use disposable phones purchased with cash). That program is a cheating machine. Best in the biz by a long shot.

I dunno, 'Nik, I kinda think it means that the other $ec teams are better at it than Awbuuun.

I dunno, 'Nik, I kinda think it means that the other $ec teams are better at it than Awbuuun.

:lol:

But Auburn is at a competitive disadvantage in the cheating game. At least 75% of the people in its home state go for in-state rival Alabama. They are literally surrounded by potential whistle blowers. These folks have turned them in to the NCAA in the past and would love a chance to do it again. Conversely, a program like LSU benefits from being in a state that has such institutionalized corruption at every level that the entire population expects it from their football team, wouldn't consider turning them in, and doesn't have an alternate team that they cheer for. Auburn has to be much smarter about how they go about their cheating. They really are the gold standard.

You just described the standard operating procedure for organized crime or a terrorist organization, LOL. :rofl:

Back