What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game day coaching

Watching the actual game it looked like Lindsay was extremely close to the first. Why would the final game play-by-play be wrong?
You know, I found BSN's video of it and you can see the yellow, 1st down line on the field around the 7 or 8 and the ball was being spotted on the 6. I don't ever remember thinking he was even close to the line to gain, though. This seems odd and after all the national talk and the MWC saying it was handled correctly, I would think that would be the main conversation.

http://bsndenver.com/watch-colorado-hawaii-ends-in-bizarre-fashion/

When you are a PAC12 team you should never, and I mean never, be blaming the refs why you didn't win a game against a team like Hawaii. This should have been an easy win for the Buffs over a medium to bad MWC team.

If it was one or two things you can blame bad luck. When it is a constant string of things then you say that the third year coaching staff didn't get the job done.

Let me ask you guys something about the coaching, how do you go through 29 practices and decide Powell is the #1 back. It was pretty easy to tell who it should be from where I was sitting.

Let me ask you guys something about the coaching, how do you go through 29 practices and decide Powell is the #1 back. It was pretty easy to tell who it should be from where I was sitting.

Were you sitting on the practice fields or the film rooms next to the coaches? Guessing that has something to do with it.

Were you sitting on the practice fields or the film rooms next to the coaches? Guessing that has something to do with it.
No and I was hoping to here from some guys that were at some practices but I have watched it for 3 years now he just has never impressed IMO

Don't disagree re: Powell. Just have to imagine he's showing more consistency in practices to stay on top of the depth chart ahead of other guys like MAII and PL who flash more playmaking ability.

The coaches rhetoric regarding RBs and the running game does not match what we see on the field, for whatever reason.

The coaches rhetoric regarding RBs and the running game does not match what we see on the field, for whatever reason.

What I've seen on the field would suggest Adkins as RB1, Lindsay as RB2, Carr being worked in to hopefully seize the job, Powell moving to FB and Frazier becoming the primary TE.

Frazier at H-Back would be interesting. We need some production from the TE position, enough talking about it.

You know, I found BSN's video of it and you can see the yellow, 1st down line on the field around the 7 or 8 and the ball was being spotted on the 6. I don't ever remember thinking he was even close to the line to gain, though. This seems odd and after all the national talk and the MWC saying it was handled correctly, I would think that would be the main conversation.

http://bsndenver.com/watch-colorado-hawaii-ends-in-bizarre-fashion/

I just re watched it. It was 2nd and 5 with the ball on the 12 with 0:17 left . Lindsay made a diving catch, due to a poor pass, which had him down at the 8-9 rolling on his back and in bounds on the wrong side of the yellow line. A better pass and he would have just run out of bounds around the 5 or 6 with 0:10 remaining and the clock stopped and first down in hand. There was an execution issue not so much a play call issue.

Last edited:
We shouldn't have been in that predicament in the first place and we also should've had at least one additional time out rather than pissing two away at the beginning of the half.

The last screen pass Sefo threw was a pick 6.

I thought Lindsay was short of the first down to. The clock not stopping would suggest he didn't.

No one commented on the wasted time out in the 3rd Quarter...it is 3rd and 1, the Buffs rush up to the line without a huddle and Hawaii seems unprepared and is in a 3 man front. You have a 6'4" 230+lb QB it seems that when you rush up to the line you should quick snap it and run the QB up the center. No - CU runs up to the line and waits around for the Hawaii defense to get set (they never went out of the 3 man front). Then CU takes a timeout. After the timeout, CU runs the QB sneak. That was a total waste. Situational game management has been a consistent problem under MacIntyre and Lindgren. In year 3 it is not fixed.

Back