What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day WBB - Buffs host U. of Kentucky at 7PM

EdB60

This one will tell us a lot about how we will fare in the PAC. Despite all of their problems last year, Kentucky is a very strong team who should be in the top 15 in the nation for much of this year.

I think I'll be there. My first Buffs game! Maybe I should adopt the Buffs if they win especially in light of Stanford's struggles.

Of course I'm on the Flatiron Flyer, and it's now that I remember that there's a clear bag policy at the center. Any suggestions for what to do with my bag?

Is anyone getting sound on the Colorado Live Stream webpage? I missed 2/3 of the 1st half thanks to the video feed not loading properly. Can someone nudge Carol Callan or that Lopez guy and ask what station they are being broadcast on?

Is the game even being broadcast on the radio? I've tried 1190 am Boulder, 1600 ESPN Denver, 760 am, 580 am....
Nada...

Is anyone getting sound on the Colorado Live Stream webpage? I missed 2/3 of the 1st half thanks to the video feed not loading properly. Can someone nudge Carol Callan or that Lopez guy and ask what station they are being broadcast on?

Is the game even being broadcast on the radio? I've tried 1190 am Boulder, 1600 ESPN Denver, 760 am, 580 am....
Nada...

Online, looks like you may be able to get audio at http://www.cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1028 .

Grand theft, Buffaloes! Buffs swarming D produces tons of turnovers. Tremendous physical effort by the players who looked very confident.

Holy crap! Did not expect this at all. Hmmm. Might need to change my expectations a bit for this season.

I think we all need to.

With basically the same players as we had previously, I think we just saw what a great hire JR was. Kentucky didn't even try to shoot the Buffs out of that zone, and just kept running into those traps and that brick wall all night. I felt like CU beat Kentucky in every aspect: Offensive scheme, Defensive Scheme, Effort, Execution, Shot Selection. Leonard was masterful to watch. Kentucky tried to press at times and Leonard demonstrated poise and a high basketball IQ. I don't ever think I've seen a college point guard play an entire game and not make one single bad decision with the ball. I've seen it now, that's for sure.

What a fun game to watch! I don't see a non-conference loss on this schedule yet. These are the same players, but boy are the results different. The ball movement that the Buffs showed at time was beautiful to watch. I can't decide if I like the pick and roll game or the good perimeter ball movement the Buffs varied with better. That was one of the most fun Buffs games I've ever been to.

Go Buffs! We should be nationally ranked for sure, now. Didn't see that coming with this roster, in JR's first season. Wow did we hire the right coach or what? I can't wait to see what she does with top-recruits that should come to the program from wins like this!

I didn't get to watch but a friend who renewed his season tickets this year to see if JR could coach told me he is very impressed. Liked the change in defense in 2nd quarter that Kentucky never adjusted to. Also likes players not playing with fear, the defense and the Ken and Lex show, among lots of other good things he sees.

What a fun game to watch! I don't see a non-conference loss on this schedule yet. These are the same players, but boy are the results different. The ball movement that the Buffs showed at time was beautiful to watch. I can't decide if I like the pick and roll game or the good perimeter ball movement the Buffs varied with better. That was one of the most fun Buffs games I've ever been to.

I liked the win as much as anybody here and was very impressed by what I saw defensively in the second half. And yes, Robinson and Leonard are looking, at this time, like all-conference caliber performers. They are very talented and play so well together, and under this new coaching staff they are fearless, which makes them more dangerous on both ends of the court. At this time Kennedy it leading the nation in assists per game! Because they can both play the lead guard it almost doesn't matter who has the ball in transition or in the half-court for that matter. And both are willing to find any teammate that's open.

I'm not ready to anoint the Buffs as a top 25 caliber team yet or to state they will go undefeated the rest of the way. If they play with the intensity they did on Saturday night they will have shot at doing so. On paper SMU, CSU and perhaps Wyoming have the best shot(s) at beating the Buffs. Fortunately all these games will be in Boulder. Should the Buffs go undefeated heading into the conference schedule and win more often than not in conference play I'll start to believe they are top 25 caliber.

It will be interesting to see what the Buffs have left in the tank come tomorrow night in Fargo. Not that NDSU is a big threat, but it is in hostile territory and interestingly, their last road game prior to conference play.

Well, they do go to Mississippi Valley State on 12/17. But that should be another road game yawner for this team.

I have been really impressed with the level of play I have seen so far. Aside from the terrific soph backcourt players that everyone has mentioned, the player I have been most impressed with is Zoe Correal. Last season I would mostly wonder why she was even there. So far this year I am seeing her in the right position to grab rebounds, keeping the ball high and going back up for a put-back or to get fouled and shoot free-throws. And she has not been committing the silly fouls that seemed her bugaboo last season.
And I can't remember when I last saw the Buffs have only 7 turnovers versus a quality opponent or if I have ever seen a Buffs point guard have a game with double digit assists and ZERO turnovers.

Well, they do go to Mississippi Valley State on 12/17. But that should be another road game yawner for this team.
Oops, how could I forget the odd away game in Itta Bena, Mississippi? ;)

And I can't remember when I last saw the Buffs have only 7 turnovers versus a quality opponent or if I have ever seen a Buffs point guard have a game with double digit assists and ZERO turnovers.
Without a doubt one the keys to this season's success so far is the ability of the Buffs to limit their turnovers while at the same time forcing many from the opposition.

Congrats on receiving votes. It's been a while.

Players and coaching staff believe in each other. That goes a long way to success.

I think the point about Zoe Correal is important. As brilliant as Leonard looked running the pick and roll game, we have to acknowledge that Correal was often the other actor in that play. It was just beautiful to watch that give and go, and I can't wait to see the chemistry those two continue to develop, and they certainly had some magical chemistry already vs UK.

I think many of us thought this CU team really was going to struggle this year, based on the struggles we saw last season. Maybe we've all been wrong. Maybe there is more talent on this Buffs roster than we thought, maybe the coaching change was more necessary than any of realized. Regardless, I think anyone that isn't ecstatic right now with the JR Payne hire isn't paying attention. I think we might look back as JR being the signature hire of the RG era.

One thing I do know is that looking at JR Payne's career she isn't afraid of a challenge. Transitioning a nowhere school into Div-I competition? She did that. Getting her next project in a highly competitive WCC to the post-season? She did that. I think we should consider ourselves lucky she picked CU and didn't take the Arizona offer. She knows how to build a program, and she knows how to win basketball games even when she doesn't have the players in her program she'll have later. We've seen that, in the magic she's woven with this existent CU team that is largely the same as what they took the floor with last year.

The Leonard/Correal pick and roll game was just beautiful to watch. Not only for basketball purists, but for anyone with a heart. These young women put their hearts and dreams on the floor every night for all to see. At times that can be exposed in a raw and heart wrenching fashion. I'm sure Correal has been disappointed with her career the past couple of years, as she probably had higher expectations than we've seen thus far. However, based on what we've seen this year, I wouldn't write the book on Correal just yet. She might be a flirting with a double/double (points/rebounds) all season. JR Payne seems to be that kind of coach. Wow, I love where this team is at and where they are going.

One of the keys to this season's success is the coaching staff figuring out what the strengths of the team are and making sure they are allowed to play to them rather than forcing them into a particular style. This seems to have engendered a lot of confidence on both ends of the court. Oh, and players aren't summarily yanked, thus they aren't playing scared.

Hope it continues. I think we really won't get a sense of this team until they play several conference games.

Back