Game Deals

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Matt

Matt Club Member Club Member

$14.99

https://goo.gl/VzgUPo
    reddit thinks it is a price error.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    TDforTD and skibum like this.
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

broken post.

3. Matt

embeded amazon link, your adblocker is probably blocking it

Darth Snow likes this.
  4. Matt

TDforTD likes this.
  5. Jalapeno

Jalapeno Doom Slayer Club Member

Can't wait to see what kind of Black Friday deals are coming out this year.

6. Uncle Luko

Uncle Luko Peckerwood Club Member

Better you than me, **** going out on Black Friday.

7. Jalapeno

Wife is an employee at Target and we get 10% off every single purchase. It's possible that the XBox One & PS4 could hit the $200 mark for Black Friday and in that case I'd get either one for just under $200.

8. Uncle Luko

Uncle Luko Peckerwood Club Member

Ugh well maybe I'd think about it in that case except for the game systems, Jordan already has them of course. If you wanna learn a parenting tip from me, don't be like me lol, my son is spoiled rotten.

9. Matt

10. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Highlander and BuffPride88 like this.
  11. Jalapeno

Focusing on hardware for now after getting the SNES Classic...just too many games for me to go through. Next Steam sale is next week on November 22-28...prepare thy wallets! Going to keep an eye on the Nintendo 3DS eShop as well.

I was tempted by those PS4/XB1 deals but I managed to resist them for now plus given that I am probably finished with the NFL (thank you Roger Goodell for putting the final nail in the coffin for console gaming except for Nintendo). Looking at Haswell CPUs on Amazon especially i3 CPUs.

I think the Switch will probably not get any reduced price of any kind until 2018 Black Friday.

12. Highlander

Highlander There can be only one Club Member

I am assume the PS4 is the the same as the Xbox -> just get an external drive and plug it in to the USB port for more game storage. Make it a SSD if you are worried about loading times.

Edit - looks like they added this feature through an update earlier this year.

White_Rabbit likes this.
  13. Jalapeno

Bought a PS3 Slim with a paltry 120GB HDD from an in-law. If you want the same 5,400 rpm HDD, the PS3 can support up to 2 TB and 2 TB laptop HDDs are about $80-85 at MicroCenter. Given the number of PS One, PSP, PS Vita, and PS3 games that I have, going to get either 500 GB or 1 TB HDD for the PS3...maybe 2TB.

Very understandable if HDDs are filling up too fast these days especially when it comes to games that can play in 4K. Tekken 7 on my PC with just the first of three DLCs that I will get with the season pass is at just over 61GB. A 500GB hard drive might not be able to hold more than 7 or 8 such games. The full build of Doom is just below 69GB. That's over 1/4 of the space of a 500GB HDD already.

14. White_Rabbit

Thanks, I had heard you couldn't put game installs on an external HD, so I never really cared.

Highlander likes this.
  15. Highlander

It looks like you can add external storage to a PS3 as well, it just needs to be formatted as FAT32. You might enjoy pulling your case apart and tinkering, but most wouldn't - including me.

I have external drives on our 360 and both Xbone's. When I bought the Xbone's I selected the model with the best game packs vs. paying attention to the hard drive size as I knew I would immediately connect an external drive anyway. If I did it today, I would do a SSD as the external drive as the prices have come down enough to make that a reasonable option but the spinners I do have connected work just fine.

16. Jalapeno

You don't have to take the PS3 apart to swap HDDs. You just open one small door on the side of the PS3 and get the HDD in the tray out and then swap the HDD and then put the new HDD/SSD into the tray and then put it back in the PS3. I believe the PS4 is the same way. That is one hardware advantage Sony has over the XBoxes.

I have so much space on the 360 HDD that getting an external HDD/SSD probably will not have to happen. Still have like about 400GB available and I don't think I will even fill half of that HDD anyway. Microsoft did an excellent job with managing the size of game installs and that also explains why the 360 didn't need blu ray discs.

Highlander likes this.
  17. Matt

Game deals for the weekend

https://www.neowin.net/news/weekend...black-friday-sales-fantastic-bundles-and-more

A few that jump out to me.

DmC: Devil May Cry Complete Pack – $9.99 on Humble Store
    Tabletop Simulator – $9.99 on Humble Store
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag – $6.8 on GamersGate
    Metro Redux Bundle – $5.99 on Humble Store
    Mad Max – $5 on GamersGate
    Undertale – $4.99 on Humble Store
    Bastion – $3.75 on GamersGate
    FTL: Faster Than Light – $2.49 on Humble Store

18. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Bastion is a lovely game

19. White_Rabbit

@Highlander I picked up an external HD last night, works like a champ! Thanks dude, saved me at least $150

Highlander likes this.
  20. Matt

21. Jalapeno

Steam sale is live.

Looking at Street Fighter V for just $14.99...

http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/05/str...on-scheduled-for-a-january-16th-2018-release/
    http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae

Street Fighter V Arcade edition update comes January 16th and will be free if you already own SFV. If not, it'll be $39.99 standalone. Still need to confirm what DLC is included (Season 1 & Season 2 pass should be included in the Arcade update). I have seen this game go as low as $20 on Steam sales and now this...

More fighting game deals:

Mortal Kombat XL $10.19
    Skullgirls: $2.99
    KOF XIII: $4.99

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  22. Jalapeno

Got Street Fighter V and the original Deus Ex since I never have played that series.

GOG is giving away MDK. If you buy any Quake game (I think), you get the first two Elder Scrolls games for free.

23. Jalapeno

If you spend $50.00 or more at Target TODAY, you get a coupon for 20% off anything between Nov 28-Dec 10. Say that XB1 or PS4 is $300...you’d be able to get that for $260 before sales tax.

Like the Rock would say, get your candy ass to Target. Before that, you can stop at King Soopers and get a Target gift card...think fuel points.

24. Jalapeno

Anyone get good deals today?

I remember watching the 2015 E3 and I was blown away by the games that year. Street Fighter V, Dragon Quest Heroes, Need For Speed, Doom, and Forza Horizon 3. Got Doom earlier this month, then SFV, then finally got the last one which was Forza Horizon 3 less than 30 minutes ago. That game is on sale in the Windows Store for $24.99.

25. Matt

26. Jalapeno

Loved Star Fox 64 for the N64 and got it for my 2DS.

Looking forward to the next round of game sales since Christmas is two weeks away. Finally put in a new four thread CPU (i3 4130) and now able to play games that require four threads in order to run. Still working on getting the most out of some games especially Forza Horizon 3.

Games I'm looking forward to:

ReCore Definitive Edition: Metroidvanias is pretty much my top genre especially Metroid Prime on the GameCube. I played the demo version last night and I couldn't be anymore excited about this game...would have been an instant buy if I tried it at launch. The creator of Mega Man along with the Austin, TX studio that helped with Metroid Prime (and I think Batman Arkham games as well) teamed up for this game.

Portal Knights: Like Matt, it depends on my mood at the time when I'm ready to get a game. It's the game that MineCraft should have been in the first place. It's about time I get this game. Given that I am more in a Metroidvania mood which I also include Zelda games...it might be that time at last.

Still thinking about one game for 2DS/Wii, Vita/PS3, and 360.

more to come...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    TimmyDUBs likes this.
  27. Jalapeno

Check HumbleBundle...$473 worth of Codemasters racing games can be had for $15. Also Mega Week where Indie games can be 80% off.

Update: Just two more hours left and I went ahead and purchased that bundle. Going to be quite a few racing games I have on my Steam account.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  28. Jalapeno

Gamefly is having a sale on the physical copies of games they would usually send you in the mail. You might want to check out some of those prices.

GOG.com sale is good until December 26th.
    Steam sale starts tomorrow.
    I'm waiting on Windows 10 store games to go on sale as well.

29. Highlander

30. skibum

skibum Did not pee on the Alamo. Club Member

Yes it will work, but expect occasional slight hiccups for non steam games. Depending on what (and against whom) you're playing those hiccups could be relatively unnoticeable, or they could be the frustrating difference between your opponent getting his shot off before you get yours...

That being said, I love mine. I've got an Alienware steam machine upstairs, and use the steam link on the big screen downstairs.

And there's not much downside to $5 if it doesn't work for you...

Highlander likes this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.