Game Deals

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Jalapeno

Jalapeno Doom Slayer Club Member

2. Jalapeno

Just got Borderlands 2 GOTY online code for $9.00 on Amazon. Pre-Sequel price cut probably won't happen until around the time Borderlands 3 launches.

TDforTD likes this.
  3. Jalapeno

That Humble Monthly deal for $12 could be an absolute steal of a deal. CoD Black Ops 4 Battle Edition could be had for that $12 subscription plus more to be unveiled. I started digging around after Nintendo announced their Switch Online exclusive Voucher offer. There are Nintendo Switch games sold on Humble Bundle and the $12 monthly sub plan also includes a 10% discount. While it wouldn't be as good as the deal you get with the Voucher offer, Saving $6 on a $60 game would still be worthwhile. If Nintendo games cannot use that discount, please let me know!

TDforTD likes this.
  4. Jalapeno

5. Jalapeno

6. Jalapeno

PS Now one year subscription for $69.99 during this Days of Play sale and $39.99 for one year of PS Plus.

Don't have Horizon Zero Dawn yet but I'm planning on getting that and the PS Plus one year subscription.

TDforTD and buffedup like this.
  7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

so many good games..

..that i already own :(

TDforTD and Jalapeno like this.
  8. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Good stuff. Picked up Tomb Raider 3 for $23 bucks.

Do you know if you buy PS Plus if you already have subscription, if it just goes into effect after current subscription is over?

TDforTD and Jalapeno like this.
  9. buffedup

Nevermind, I figured it out. It does tack onto the end of current subscription.

Jalapeno likes this.
  10. Jalapeno

I believe the PS4+ subs are stackable. Wario64 stated that on a tweet.

I didn't have a PS+ for like a couple of years and had 50-60 free games. When. I reactivated my PS+ sub, I got those games back.

11. Jalapeno

TDforTD likes this.
  12. buffedup

Okay, on top of Tomb Raider, I purchased Divinity 2, FF15 Royal Edition, a one year PSN subscription and now pre-ordered FF VII.

I owe the wife a lot of foot massages...

Highlander and TDforTD like this.
  13. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

How much was Divinity 2? I’ve been thinking about buying that game for months.

14. buffedup

Got the definitive edition for $23.99.

TDforTD likes this.
  15. Jalapeno

Nintendo is having an eShop sale!

16. Jalapeno

NBA 2K19 is still $2.99 on the PS4 and XB1.

TDforTD likes this.
  17. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Lots of good stuff there

Jalapeno likes this.
  18. Jalapeno

Going to have to take a break from buying games...too much good stuff lately...LOL! Just picked up Detroit Become Human on the PS4 this morning for $7.99.

Now if I don't post on this section as much, you know what I'm doing. B)

TDforTD, WarBuff and WasianCU like this.
  19. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

I ended up buying this game too, thanks for mentioning the deal. I’m playing through Borderlands right now, but I decided to fire up this game just to get a save file and see what it was about.

Holy SMOKES. It is overwhelmingly complex. Have you started it yet? I think I will like it a lot once I can actually give it due diligence but it’s going to sit in my library for a little while lol.

WarBuff likes this.
  20. buffedup

Nice! Not yet. Still working through the kingdom hearts backlog.

TDforTD likes this.
  21. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

The Xbox Game Pass is a ridiculous deal right now. I upgraded my Gold Membership and I'm paying $1/mo for the near future.... Downloaded a bunch games to my Xbox (Outer Wilds, Operencia, Zoo Tycoon, ABZU), but also installed the Xbox app on my PC, and was able to grab 5 games that I had been eyeing on my Steam wishlist, but hadn't had the funds to actually buy (Wargroove, Shadow Tactics, The Surge, Battlfield Gothic, Tyranny). That is a lot of value even at the normal subscription price and is giving me the chance to play bunches of games that I might never have had a chance to play. Anything I really really like I can still buy

Jalapeno, WarBuff and Highlander like this.
  22. Jalapeno

Yep those yearly sub plans are ridiculous in value. I counted about 100 PS Now games that I want to play. It'd take me at least 60 years to pay full price on those 100 games if I was to pay $100 per year. And with PS+, you'd be good for one to two free games per month that you can keep as long as you keep your PS+ subscription alive.

I'm going after EA Access on the PS4 and had Origin Access on the PC until last April since the PS4 version was on the way. I already sent two tweets to EA Access asking when EA Access is going live on the PS4. You also get 10% off each EA title on that platform. I might even re-subscribe to Origin Basic on the PC.

Xbox Game Pass is real appealing if you own both the console and a Windows 10 PC that has a fast quad core CPU and a minimum of the GTX 1050 GPU plus 8gb ram.

Square Enix is now talking about getting into the subscription business as well.

I'm waiting on Nintendo to announce that SNES games are coming to the Switch Online service...that $20.00 yearly sub is a huge bargain.

I haven't checked into UPlay since I almost never buy any Ubisoft games.

23. Highlander

Highlander There can be only one Club Member

The business model of the sub plan is to get people like me that buy a game or two a year to believe it is a good deal and start paying way more annually for games. The pool for people like me is way bigger than the pool of power gamers that will spend less money. In fact, they probably believe the word of mouth from power gamers on the great value to others will more than make up for the lost revenue on them - just like is happening right here! (y)

TDforTD and White_Rabbit like this.
  24. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

yeah I just don't play that many games anymore. Since RDR2 came out in what October of last year or something? I played that for like 2-3 months, then took like 2 months to play through Shadow of the Tomb Raider, dabbled a bit in Spiderman here and there, then recently the last month or so I've been playing AC Odyssey. It just doesn't appeal to me to play 100 games.

buffedup, Jalapeno and TDforTD like this.
  25. Jalapeno

Don't feel too badly about Spiderman, I haven't played much of it lately either. I'm still going with EA Access for the sports video games but I understand your point about not playing that many games anymore.

I just have FF7R & Doom Eternal wishlisted on the PS store and I'm planning on getting the Link's Awakening remake for the Switch plus Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic games (that was something I always planned on getting in the first place) and that's pretty much it for the rest of the year.

I'm committing to just one platform next gen and that is the PS5. The Xbox might be making the most headlines about xCloud gaming and remote play but the Playstation already beat them to the punch in that case with PS Now and Remote Play.

I'm just surprised that the video game industry hasn't crashed like it did back in 1983 but I think it's inevitable.

White_Rabbit likes this.
  26. Jalapeno

Persona 5, RE7, Nioh, Lego Batman 3, and Mad Max join the PS Greatest Hits collection. Horizon Zero Dawn has been $20 for awhile as well.

buffedup likes this.
  27. buffedup

The video game industry is so different and diverse today with classic console, streaming, PC and mobile gaming. I don’t think you will see a full industry crash do much as shifting based on trends.

28. Jalapeno

What you are saying is true about the diversity of video games today plus the shift from traditional consoles to streaming services. But industries are capable of collapsing under their own weight. 16,000 of Steam's 30,000 titles for sale have came in the last 18 months hence the concern for such a crash. The Nintendo Switch also has had a lot of games come to that platform in such a short time and then you have the PS4 & XB1 libraries to contend with. Then you have the upcoming PS5 and XB2. Given that they will be backwards compatible, you are just bringing the bloat over which was one of the factors that led to that 1983 crash.

The Chinese gaming market getting into the Steam store and other stores most likely have postponed that crash since there is instantly another US sized market to absorb the size of today's video game marketplace. How will the gaming market be bailed out the next time we get to that point again down the road? It's not going to happen again and the crash would occur.

29. Jalapeno

30. Jalapeno

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.