What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thoughts from Eugene

Bisonic

I'll try to be short on the game analysis since many of you guys saw the game the same way I did. However I have to say that these Embree teams come out of the locker room with no emotion, no fire, and utterly not prepared to play. As the game goes on they seem to adjust to the speed of the game, but from what I see, it's the players that do the adjusting. The coaches seem to be completely mismatched in every first quarter. I do think that Embree can survive this sht storm of a second year, but does he forget that it isn't the WORDS that get a team going, but instead the emotion? These teams are on autopilot, and they're younger and less talented than who they play. I'm befuddled.

The O experience was pretty fun. They're great fans. I didn't get a single cross word in my direction, but I would have jumped ass on anyone who got ugly with me. (I go back a ways with Oregon and their fans.) They were fine. I remember sucking against NU and OU and other B8/B12 teams, and some of their fans were pricks. Hicks who were pricks. These guys weren't. They just sort of ignored us CU guys. Yeah.

Other thoughts. Oregon is disappointing. Everything seems under disrepair or reconstruction. Reminds me of PA. Eugene is a fun town, lots more bars that are rocking than Boulder. I put it right up there with Austin and Athens. Definitely more of a hippie vibe going on there. Boulder will clearly be in the same category as Eugene. Edge to Eugene on cool bars but edge to Boulder on lovely co-eds and weather. And campus. Ours is better.

Autzen is an excellent stadium. Very loud as everyone claims, but in the early moments of the first quarter (when it still kinda mattered) I don't think it was any louder than Folsom. The tailgating experience was really fun. They have some CRAZY fans who are into their team. And (again) they aren't Fcking hicks like our prior opposition, so it's kinda hard to hate them.

Curious moment: At the Steelhead brewpub later, USC was getting beaten by AZ. They're all cheering the loss, lustily. But it is clearly NOT in their best interest to lose to a twice beaten USC team, especially considering OSU's loss today plus the emergence of KjSU and ND. I think these fans are still kinda naive.

Oregon will jump KState if both win out.

If ND wins out, they will get in no matter what Oregon does, because Bama-ND will be what everyone wants.

If ND wins out, they will get in no matter what Oregon does, because Bama-ND will be what everyone wants.

I thought KState will have to play OU once more in a B12CG? Am I wrong? Tough to beat Stoops twice in the same season; especially when he's PO'ed about the refs in that Domer game.

And the Domers have to play what should be a very PO'ed U$C team in the Coliseum. So, the DUX should get their shot in the +4.

I thought KState will have to play OU once more in a B12CG? Am I wrong? Tough to beat Stoops twice in the same season; especially when he's PO'ed about the refs in that Domer game.

And the Domers have to play what should be a very PO'ed U$C team in the Coliseum. So, the DUX should get their shot in the +4.

There is no Big12CG since there are only 10 teams

No Big 12 CG - only 10 teams in the Big 12 and a conference needs 12 to hold a CG...

Overruled. Your comments are noted, but K-State will have a far tougher sos by the end of the season than Oregon, even with a CCG. KSU is also beating their opponents about as badly as Oregon is. JMHO in all seriousness.

I don't know about that. KState's schedule from here on out is Okie lite, TCU, Baylor, and Texass. Oregon has $C, Cal, Stanford, Oregon St, and presumably $C again. KState doesn't have a huge lead on Oregon right now in the BCS, and it won't grow that much tomorrow, even though KState played Tech and Oregon played, well, us.

It's going to hurt Oregon if $C loses to the the Ducks, ND, and the Ducks again, and $C finishes with 5 losses, but at that point, Oregon's problem will be ND, not KState.

How can I find out how many players got into the game for Oregon yesterday? It doesn't say in the espn box score.

Back