What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- #17/18 lacrosse opens up their 2019 season hosting #6/7 Florida (Saturday, 2/9, Noon)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
It's Lax season!!!!!

Hope the team gets great support, starting this Saturday, as the Buffs open up against, at least based on current ranking, the toughest (lacrosse) opponent ever to visit Boulder in the #6/7 Gators.

Go get'um Buffs!!!

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/2/5/buffs-host-no-6-florida-in-season-opener.aspx

"
By: Linda Sprouse, Associate SID
Release: February 06, 2019

BOULDER — The University of Colorado lacrosse team will start the 2019 season off with a bang, hosting the sixth-ranked Florida Gators on Saturday, February 9, at 12 p.m. at Kittredge Field.

The Buffaloes are currently ranked 17th in the IWLCA Poll and will look to avenge a pair of losses to the Gators from the 2018 season. CU faced UF twice in Gainesville, the second game of the season and in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, and both times left with a loss. This will be the first time the two teams will face off in Boulder.

Colorado finished the 2018 season with a 14-6 mark and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, while Florida was 17-4 in 2018, and made the NCAA Quarterfinals. There the Gators fell to James Madison, 11-8. JMU went on to win the national championship.

The Buffs return eight of their 12 starters, which includes the 2018 IWLCA and Inside Lacrosse Goalkeeper of the Year, Julia Lisella. Miranda Stinson also returns for the Buffs and was CU's second leading score during the 2018 season. Both were named IL Preseason All-Americans.

UF also returns several starters including its goalkeeper, Haley Hicklen, and its leading scorer, Lindsey Ronbeck.

HOW TO WATCH: The game will be streamed on CUBuffs.com for free and live stats will also be available for free.

UP NEXT: The Buffs will head out on the road to take on its second straight top-15 opponent in Virginia Tech. CU will face the Hokies on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11 a.m. in Blacksburg, Va. The two teams have only met once; that meeting happened on March 4, 2018, in Boulder. CU won the contest 18-3.

HOME GAME INFORMATION: All of Colorado's home games will be played at Kittredge Field and admission is free, as is parking in Lot 416. Overflow parking is available in the RG lot on the north side of the CU Events Center.
"

Preseason press conference -

Quotes -

Media links -
Game notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2019/2/5//2019_Lacrosse_Notes_2_6.pdf

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/wlax/summary

Live video
- The above quoted article does note a free live stream being available, but there is no link in the schedule as I write this. However, I'd guess it will be available at either https://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs and/ or https://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs-2 .

Colorado takes a timeout already down 0-5 with around 20:00 to go in the 1st half.

Buffs only have one shot and one draw control so far, while I believe the gators already have forced 3-4 turnovers.

florida takes a timeout with the Buffs down 2-7 and around 9:30 left in the 1st half.

After a rough start (not a shock against a #6 team), Buffs looked a lot better the 2nd half of the 1st half, and they go to halftime down 4-8.

Not a terrible half. Florida killed them last year in the 2nd game of the season and with the people gone who are graduating this is not surprising. Played well after being down 7-1. Have to figure somebody to take draws. CU is getting killed on draws

9-16 is the final. Respectable showing, especially after the tough start that led to a quick 0-7 gator lead.

not bad. need to work on draws and ball control and defense. Some bright spots for me were Rudy with two goals and I thought when they went to Phillips and Burnside on the draws they were more competitive. I think this team will be pretty good in the pac 12 and beyond. Lots of people who had not been relied upon had to play against a really good team and their goal tender was good today. The point in the second half where they scored and on the play Cu went a woman down and Florida scored again to make it a 6 goal game and the bad start was the big points in the game to me

Back