What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread - Women's Basketball hosts Prairie View A&M (Wed., 12/12, 7:00 PM)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Best wishes to WBB. Beat the Panthers!
(Per their schedule (https://pvpanthers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=176), PVAM is 3-3. Their stats - https://pvpanthers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=wbball&year=2018&#individual)

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/10...orado-continues-from-the-comfort-of-home.aspx

"
BOULDER—The longest homestand of the season continues for the University of Colorado women's basketball team. The Buffaloes will take on Prairie View A&M on Wednesday (7 p.m.) in the third of its seven straight home games.

CU has enjoyed the home cooking so far this season. The Buffs own a perfect 6-0 record at the CU Events Center. Colorado has won its last eight in the CEC, dating back to its final two wins at home to end the 2017-18 season. The Buffs have built a decisive home-court advantage in the last three seasons. Colorado owns a 27-13 record at home under head coach JR Payne.

Colorado's offense has scored 72.8 points per game on Sox Walseth Court this season. By contrast, the Buffs are averaging 67.0 points away from home.

Promotions: Wednesday's game is Wacky Wednesday and $1 hot dog night.

Wednesday's game will be streamed on Colorado Live Stream channel. Fans can listen to the Buffs all season long on AM 630 (KHOW).
"

Game notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2018/12/10//PVAM.pdf

Media links -
Live video
(Free live stream) - https://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs

Live audio (Stream of the radio (AM 630) broadcast.) - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2247&type=Live

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Is anyone else having trouble with the PAC 12 stream? Mine plays for a few seconds and then buffers forever. Very frustrating.

Buffs handling the Panthers so far. Should be a great opportunity in the 2nd half to (continue to) give some of the younger players game experience.

Peanut not in the 2nd half starting lineup (Clarke in instead), and per the announcers has a heating pad (where, I didn't hear/ see). Obviously hope it's nothing major.

44-14 with ~8 minutes left in the 3rd.

Took care of business tonight. Great job. And that was with our Buffs starting the night ice cold (even on layups).

Cam Swartz played 17 minutes (the most she's been on the court) and scored 12 points on 4-7 shooting going 3-5 from 3-point range. In the second half there was a play where she stole the ball, was going to the basket on the dribble and leaned into the defender to draw contact while scoring a lay-up. She made the free throw as well. Hope she's healthy and can get lots of minutes v Sanford as well next week.

Peanut only played 3 minutes. Did she get injured? Didn't get to see the beginning of the game.

do not think peanut got hurt. She got two fouls. I think they just rested her. It was good seeing Swartz get her shot going and play fairly well. PV is not a team that should be on the schedule. they were pretty small and could not shoot. I hope Samford give a better game

do not think peanut got hurt. She got two fouls. I think they just rested her. It was good seeing Swartz get her shot going and play fairly well. PV is not a team that should be on the schedule. they were pretty small and could not shoot. I hope Samford give a better game
Wasn't she playing with a broken nose? Yeah, probably just gave her the night off once the team got rolling to a big lead while she sat with the fouls.

Wasn't she playing with a broken nose? Yeah, probably just gave her the night off once the team got rolling to a big lead while she sat with the fouls.

PNut broke her nose in shoot around before the last game. No need to play her last night.

Teams like this should not be on our schedule and I hope this is rectified in the future. It was fun to see the bench players get playing time of more than a minute or two.

It looks like Cam is getting healthy. She has a sweet shot.

PNut broke her nose in shoot around before the last game. No need to play her last night.

Teams like this should not be on our schedule and I hope this is rectified in the future. It was fun to see the bench players get playing time of more than a minute or two.

It looks like Cam is getting healthy. She has a sweet shot.
Umm, how the hell does your nose get broke in shoot around? Just curious, don't believe I've see that one before.

Umm, how the hell does your nose get broke in shoot around? Just curious, don't believe I've see that one before.

I don't believe it...unless someone else here or other fans are going to tell me that they were there to see it. I've been hit in the face with a few hard passes that my stupid ass wasn't looking for (no broken nose), and elbows to the face shouldn't be happening in shootaround. From my college days, I remember hearing about one of our former starting CBs being out with ...I think a sprained ankle. No, he was drunk leaving a car, and the car started to leave while he was getting out, dragging him for a few seconds. Brian Griese got a black eye falling on someone's driveway supposedly, right?? Yeah, I know guys can be dumber and more aggressive than women, but I don't believe "broken nose at shootaround" one second. (to be clear, I'm not judging or looking down at Peanut...just saying the explanation doesn't seem right)

At shoot around, is what I was told. She played that game without a mask over her face. Didn't see a mask in the Prairie View game either.
Doesn't look like the most comfortable thing in the world. Well, unless you're Rip Hamilton.:D

On the pre-game radio broadcast for the game when it had happened, they said they would name the culprit and they didn't.

I don't believe it...unless someone else here or other fans are going to tell me that they were there to see it. I've been hit in the face with a few hard passes that my stupid ass wasn't looking for (no broken nose), and elbows to the face shouldn't be happening in shootaround. From my college days, I remember hearing about one of our former starting CBs being out with ...I think a sprained ankle. No, he was drunk leaving a car, and the car started to leave while he was getting out, dragging him for a few seconds. Brian Griese got a black eye falling on someone's driveway supposedly, right?? Yeah, I know guys can be dumber and more aggressive than women, but I don't believe "broken nose at shootaround" one second. (to be clear, I'm not judging or looking down at Peanut...just saying the explanation doesn't seem right)
Griese tripped over his dog on the stairs.

I would bet it was one of those cases in shoot around where both girls weren't quite aware of each other and they made contact.

Back