What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread - Women's Basketball visits Utah (Friday, 1/18, 7:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Take it to the utes Buffs!

Preview-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/1/16/womens-basketball-caylao-dos-development-big-for-buffs.aspx

"
Seth Pringle, Assistant SID

SALT LAKE CITY—Colorado women's basketball head coach JR Payne called it "super-human," when describing junior guard Quinessa Caylao-Do's effort over the past weeks.

For those close to the program, it is no surprise that Caylao-Do is contributing the way she has this season. She is an everlasting presence at the CU Events Center, always working to better her game.

There is zero doubt that Caylao-Do will continue to be a key ingredient for the Buffs. She has scored in double figures in each of the last four games and four of the last five to open conference play.

Colorado continues on the road this week with just one game against Utah. The Buffs will look put an end to its current five-game slump on Friday (7 p.m. MT).

Friday's game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Network. Fans can listen to the Buffs all season long on AM 630 (KHOW).

The Series: The Utes evened the all-time series (17-17) with their 76-61 win in Boulder earlier this season. Utes got 13 points and 13 rebounds from Megan Huff in the win. Alexis Robinson was one of four Buffs in double figures, leading the way with 14 points. Colorado is 4-10 all-time on the road against Utah. CU's visit to Salt Lake City last season resulted in a 16-point 69-65 comeback-win. Leonard tied a career-high with 31 points.
"

Media links -
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain channel. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to one of that Pac 12 channel, believe the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2019/01/18/colorado-utah .

Live audio (Stream of the radio (AM 630) broadcast.) - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2254&type=Live

Link to link to Live stats - http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=utah

It's 34-43 utes up at the half. (Buffs were down 15 a couple times, so they are fighting hard.)

With the Buffs already having challenges with Ms. Leonard out, it's been a "when it rains, it pours" (3's) situation this game, as I believe Utah hit something close to 6 3's in a row from the 2nd part of the 1st quarter and then into the 2nd. (I'm not sure if they might have missed one or two during that period, as I can't access the live stats.)

Yikes, team is struggling big time, they need Leonard back ASAP. Might be looking at all time 0-fer start in league play.

Starting to wonder about JR Payne. I get it Leonard is out and that is huge but a strong culture of losing is starting to develop. I do not see the skill on the team others in the conference have and players are staying 1 year and leaving. I do not think she should be fired but imo, she needs to shake up the staff and find a great recruiter to bring in top talent and not mountain west talent like most of the players are now. Do not see a win coming till Leonard is back and then maybe only 1 and possibly 2. Unlike JR, I do not find much positive in that

Starting to wonder about JR Payne. I get it Leonard is out and that is huge but a strong culture of losing is starting to develop. I do not see the skill on the team others in the conference have and players are staying 1 year and leaving. I do not think she should be fired but imo, she needs to shake up the staff and find a great recruiter to bring in top talent and not mountain west talent like most of the players are now. Do not see a win coming till Leonard is back and then maybe only 1 and possibly 2. Unlike JR, I do not find much positive in that
Starting??

Back