What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread - Women's bball opens Pac 12 play at Utah (Sunday,12/29, 2:00 PM)

Got to be the toughest 2 game swing ever outside the tournament for a team. #2 then #3. Yeesh.

The first of many if she continues to improve as she has so far this season. She looked like she was having fun yesterday.

We play in the Pac-12!

Last week 3 of the 4 top ranked teams were from the Pac. This week it's 3 of the top 5. Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford.

I'm hoping we can surprise somebody and get an upset but that's easier to do in Boulder.

We play in the Pac-12!

Last week 3 of the 4 top ranked teams were from the Pac. This week it's 3 of the top 5. Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford.

I'm hoping we can surprise somebody and get an upset but that's easier to do in Boulder.
Then you've got undefeated UCLA at #10 and undefeated Arizona at #18. Cal and ASU look like they lead that next group as tourney teams.

Watched the game via DVR yesterday morning. Here are some thoughts:

• CU is at its best offensively when Jaylyn Sherrod is in the game as well as Hollingshed, Clarke and Knight.

• Ball movement was generally good which helped get everyone involved and confident.

• Sherrod knows where Clarke and Hollingshed like the ball and that makes a difference as both were able to get open looks.

• Sherrod, Hollingshed, Clarke and to some extent, Knight look confident shooting the ball.

• Whittaker is still a bit mechanical on both ends, perhaps she's still adjusting to college ball. I would imagine there wasn't much competition in New Zealand.

• The team team needs to work on post defense in both transition and the half court.

• Utah looks like a bottom feeder in the Pac 12. Like the Buffs they have a lot of young players, but CU is farther along.

• Jaylyn Sherrod doesn't look like a freshman when she's running the point. Buffs need her to stay healthy to have success this season.

My reaction after watching was that CU is better than the last place team in the conference, but isn't going to be in the top 6 either. I do think they have a shot at winning 8 or so conference games which would be tremendous given the last couple of seasons and the youth of the team.

On another note, it's silly that any team has to start out with three games in a row away from home. The Pac 12 needs to think about changing that for next season and beyond.

MarkW

agree with your comments. There is no reason that game could not have been a home game for CU and then go on the road to Oregon. No offense to Kennedy and the others but I think Sherrod is the best pg since Nightengale

MarkW

agree with your comments. There is no reason that game could not have been a home game for CU and then go on the road to Oregon. No offense to Kennedy and the others but I think Sherrod is the best pg since Nightengale

First 3 conference games last year were at home I believe. Sherrod has had a good start but I think I’ll wait a little while before I put her in front of Chucky or Kennedy.

I won’t. She’s a brilliant young player. Won her 1st Pac Twelve game. On the road no less. You must not watch the women. Kennedy had lots of trys and lost her first 8 PAC Twelve games as a Freshman. Chucks started in the Big Twelve I think but was incredible too. We are in good hands.

I won’t. She’s a brilliant young player. Won her 1st Pac Twelve game. On the road no less. You must not watch the women. Kennedy had lots of trys and lost her first 8 PAC Twelve games as a Freshman. Chucks started in the Big Twelve I think but was incredible too. We are in good hands.

Interesting perspective. I hope you’re right, it would be fantastic to have another great guard for the next 4 years. Might have to pick up the moniker of Point Guard University!

Back