What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games we care about (MBB resume)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
CU Opponent Watch
OpponentLocationResultOpponent RecordOpponent NETOpponent Quad
UC RiversideHomeW (82-66)7-5151Quad 3
GramblingAwayL (74-83)6-5162Quad 3
TennesseeNeutralW (78-66)11-23Quad 1
UMass (MBI)NeutralL (63-66)9-3113Quad 3
Texas A&M (MBI)NeutralW (103-75)7-5102Quad 3
Boise State (MBI)NeutralL (55-68)10-460Quad 2
YaleHomeW (65-62)10-337Quad 2
Arizona StateHomeL (59-60)11-242Quad 2
WashingtonAwayL (63-73)9-4116Quad 2
Colorado StateHomeW (93-65)8-691Quad 3
North AlabamaHomeW (84-60)8-5243Quad 4
Northern ColoradoHomeW (88-77)5-7213Quad 4
Southern UtahHomeW (86-78)9-5128Quad 3
StanfordAwayTBD5-7100TBD
CalAwayTBD1-12318TBD
OregonHomeTBD7-671TBD
Oregon StateHomeTBD7-6221TBD
USCAwayTBD10-386TBD
UCLAAwayTBD11-26TBD
WashingtonHomeTBD9-4116TBD
Washington StateHomeTBD5-892TBD
OregonAwayTBD7-671TBD
Oregon StateAwayTBD7-6221TBD
CalHomeTBD1-12318TBD
StanfordHomeTBD5-7100TBD
UtahAwayTBD9-444TBD
Arizona StateAwayTBD11-242TBD
ArizonaAwayTBD12-18TBD
USCHomeTBD10-386TBD
UCLAHomeTBD11-26TBD
UtahHomeTBD9-444TBD
TBD (P12T)NeutralTBD
TBD (P12T)NeutralTBD
TBD (P12T)NeutralTBD
CU RECORD: 8-5CU NET: 59QUAD 1: 1-0QUAD 2: 1-3QUAD 3: 4-2QUAD 4: 2-0

Here's how the NET and Quads were determined for the 2022 resumes. I haven't seen that they have been adjusted for this season. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...06/college-basketballs-net-rankings-explained

Quad System

Quad 1 = 1-30 home; 1-50 neutral; 1-75 road
Quad 2 = 31-75 home; 51-100 neutral; 76-135 away
Quad 3 = 76-160 home; 101-200 neutral; 136-240 away
Quad 4 = 161 or worse home; 201 or worse neutral; 241 or worse away

Last edited:

Funny enough AP has Tennessee at 22, Colorado at 37th, and Grambling State at 43. Was not expecting that to happen for us or Grambling after this week. Expected Tennessee to still be ranked. Neither Colorado or Grambling were obviously on the preseason AP getting votes. Didn't hurt us as bad as I thought (yet).

Funny enough AP has Tennessee at 22, Colorado at 37th, and Grambling State at 43. Was not expecting that to happen for us or Grambling after this week. Expected Tennessee to still be ranked. Neither Colorado or Grambling were obviously on the preseason AP getting votes. Didn't hurt us as bad as I thought (yet).

Means we're getting respect that Grambling is that high and we weren't hurt in the eyes of the voters.

Wazzu currently getting blown out at Prairie View A&M. This series was a terrible idea.

First, I know NIT is the expectation, but damn the Pac is giving us no help if we end up on the bubble. Wazzou and Cal with bad losses. Stanford loses at home to San Diego St. USC wins by 2 at home over Vermont.

Hope we come ready to play against UMASS, we need to squeeze all the higher quad games we can out of that tourney.

First, I know NIT is the expectation, but damn the Pac is giving us no help if we end up on the bubble. Wazzou and Cal with bad losses. Stanford loses at home to San Diego St. USC wins by 2 at home over Vermont.

Hope we come ready to play against UMASS, we need to squeeze all the higher quad games we can out of that tourney.
No NIT.

I expect a Pac 12 championship.

Given that all the SWAC teams have Pac games on their schedules, it'll hopefully help that conferences NET. That's all I got 🤷
What's with the SWAC teams slappin' the Pac12 this year?

PV A&M over Wazzu
Tx Southern over ASU
Grambling over CU
Southern played UofA tough

#11 Texas smokes #2 Gonzaga. I looked at Texas's roster. Top 6 scorers are transfers.
I saw why, turnovers. Gonzaga had 20 that Texas got 27 points off of. Better to have games like that now than later on. That Texas player's name escapes me, but holy **** that dude is freaky athletic.

I just updated the OP. I'm not sure when I'll start adding NET and Quads. Probably doesn't make sense until around New Year's.

Opponents already showing some bad losses, but mostly things are good.

A couple call-outs:
S Utah's loss was at New Mexico, which looks like they're good again this year. They will lose at Kansas tomorrow, but that will actually improve their NET. After that is 5 winnable games before we play them.

N Colorado looks bad at 1-2, but those 2 losses were at #3 Houston and #5 Baylor. Blowouts, so they may be bad, but it's too early to tell.

UC Riverside's got an opportunity but a NET improver regardless at #10 Creighton at 6:30pm today (FS1).

UMass is team we cannot lose to. Their loss was to Towson at home. Buffs need to take care of business today. Not much room left for bad losses after Grambling (a team we just have to hope can go .500 in a challenging OOC slate and then do well in the SWAC).

I just updated the OP. I'm not sure when I'll start adding NET and Quads. Probably doesn't make sense until around New Year's.

Opponents already showing some bad losses, but mostly things are good.

A couple call-outs:
S Utah's loss was at New Mexico, which looks like they're good again this year. They will lose at Kansas tomorrow, but that will actually improve their NET. After that is 5 winnable games before we play them.

N Colorado looks bad at 1-2, but those 2 losses were at #3 Houston and #5 Baylor. Blowouts, so they may be bad, but it's too early to tell.

UC Riverside's got an opportunity but a NET improver regardless at #10 Creighton at 6:30pm today (FS1).

UMass is team we cannot lose to. Their loss was to Towson at home. Buffs need to take care of business today. Not much room left for bad losses after Grambling (a team we just have to hope can go .500 in a challenging OOC slate and then do well in the SWAC).
you're off the hook -- I don't think the NCAA starts releasing NET rankings until close to the first of the year (quick search didn't find a real date).

I'm curious though if anyone has found a "NET projector" website that thinks they're close to reverse engineering the NET formula and publishes early results (similar to RealTimeRPI, but for NET). I looked last week and didn't find anything, I fully acknowledge those numbers aren't that meaningful early on, but still fun to track.

Thursday was crazy.

Buffs took a bad loss to UMass.
CSU destroyed South Carolina by 32.
Utah lost by 12 to Sam Houston State.
Washington lost by 9 at home to Cal Baptist.
ASU dominated Michigan by 25 in NYC.

slightly bummed now that I realize most of Allbuffs will be rooting for CSU over VT tomorrow (which is right and proper for CU fans).

UMass gets the W today over Murray.

Have to hope the teams we lose to keep winning.
If UMass can win the touney and we finish with a win Sunday, then it wasn't too bad a tourney after all. I'm hoping we get Loyola Chicago. The Mountain West looks a$$ after the top 2-3 teams and the Ramblers are going to get that A10 pump up this year.

Back