What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Andersen: 2012 Colorado coaching search profile (Verbal to Wisconsin)

I feel like if Anderson had some BCS experience he'd be the #1 candidate by far. His defensive background is impressive and the close games in previous years impresses me. While this year has been great for him, I like seeing that he could take Utah freaking State to Oklahoma and Auburn and not get ****stomped. We're going to need some of that in the next couple of years imo.

Re: Gary Andersen: 2012 Colorado coaching search profile

Dang, i liked him

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Andersen said on SLC radio last night that he was mostly using the various coaching searches to elevate name recognition for Utah State. He only ended the circus, as pertains to him, because he has recruits in town this weekend and wanted to be able to tell them he was staying. Given that, I would bet his interviews were less than stellar.

Gary Andersen: 2012 Colorado coaching search profile

Andersen said on SLC radio last night that he was mostly using the various coaching searches to elevate name recognition for Utah State. He only ended the circus, as pertains to him, because he has recruits in town this weekend and wanted to be able to tell them he was staying. Given that, I would bet his interviews were less than stellar.

I would tend to agree. I was kind of under the impression that he was high on Cal's radar and the feeling was mutual.

Why does my gut keep telling me that CU will end up hiring Gary Andersen?

I like Andersen. I know it's dangerous to read too much into Head2Head, but Wisconsin is a much better team than their record indicates. USU held Wisconsin to 156 yards on the ground - who then put up 579 vs the Nubs last week.

I think Gary Anderson is the closest thing to a consensus "want" that we've found on this board. Still want, but had given up.

Is it wrong to hope?

I definitely like GA but not a splash hire in my opinion, and not that excited that he has no real BCS experience. I'd obviously prefer the BCS head coaches over him although they are a no go, I may prefer some of the big DCs on the board and I may have at least MacIntyre ahead of him amongst the non-BCS coaches and coordinators.

But, if that's who Bohn ends up with I'll rally.

I definitely like GA but not a splash hire in my opinion, and not that excited that he has no real BCS experience. I'd obviously prefer the BCS head coaches over him although they are a no go, I may prefer some of the big DCs on the board and I may have at least MacIntyre ahead of him amongst the non-BCS coaches and coordinators.

But, if that's who Bohn ends up with I'll rally.

I think he'd be ahead of Mac in my books if he's in play. Mac has BCS coordinator experience, but it's at Duke, so I've never really put as much stock in that. This guy has coordinator experience with Utah, which wasn't in a BCS conference at the time, but had some very good showings against BCS powerhouse schools. He's also worked a turnaround at USU and even in this banner year for SJSU, Andersen's team handled them pretty easily.

Back