What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Andersen: 2012 Colorado coaching search profile (Verbal to Wisconsin)

Gary Andersen: 2012 Colorado coaching search profile

I think he'd be ahead of Mac in my books if he's in play. Mac has BCS coordinator experience, but it's at Duke, so I've never really put as much stock in that. This guy has coordinator experience with Utah, which wasn't in a BCS conference at the time, but had some very good showings against BCS powerhouse schools. He's also worked a turnaround at USU and even in this banner year for SJSU, Andersen's team handled them pretty easily.

This.

I think he'd be ahead of Mac in my books if he's in play. Mac has BCS coordinator experience, but it's at Duke, so I've never really put as much stock in that. This guy has coordinator experience with Utah, which wasn't in a BCS conference at the time, but had some very good showings against BCS powerhouse schools. He's also worked a turnaround at USU and even in this banner year for SJSU, Andersen's team handled them pretty easily.

Do you see there being much of a difference between the two? I disagree with your reasoning as to why you prefer Anderson over MacIntyre, but I get that some people just have different opinions. What I don't get, and I'm not saying this is you, but some people seem to think Anderson is a home run hire while MacIntyre is way less. I just don't get it.

Do you see there being much of a difference between the two? I disagree with your reasoning as to why you prefer Anderson over MacIntyre, but I get that some people just have different opinions. What I don't get, and I'm not saying this is you, but some people seem to think Anderson is a home run hire while MacIntyre is way less. I just don't get it.

Andersen's got a lot more charisma. I think that's the appeal. At least to me, that's why I prefer him to MacIntyre. Means nothing in terms of what really matters here, though, so you're right. I'd say they have about an equal chance of being successful coaches at CU.

Hell, right now I am just trying to keep the faith that Bohn is not out looking for another inexperienced-inning-ending-double-play-ground-ball-hitting-misfit. :cry:

Andersen's got a lot more charisma. I think that's the appeal. At least to me, that's why I prefer him to MacIntyre. Means nothing in terms of what really matters here, though, so you're right. I'd say they have about an equal chance of being successful coaches at CU.

That makes sense. I can see why people don't get excited about MacIntyre, the press conferences I watched of his were pretty dull, but you can tell the guy just loves the game of football. I haven't watched anything beyond that 5 minute youtube video someone linked of Anderson, but he seemed like a lively guy.

As inspiring as I find Andersen, MacIntyre is equally uninspiring, imo. This doesn't mean that MacIntyre can't coach, it is clear that he can. I just feel that the head coach is much more than X's and O's, he is the face of the program. Andersen has a very Tad Boyle-esque vibe to me.

Why does my gut keep telling me that CU will end up hiring Gary Andersen?

I'm hoping/thinking this as well. As the coaching search continues, this guy just keeps popping back up near the top of my wish list as the most likely can't miss up and comer.

I've never really separated Mac, D-Root or Andersen by much and I'd be okay with about any of them. Just happens to be that I've got Andersen slightly ahead of the other two.

Back