What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Barnett

You're an idiot. Keep supporting Hawkins as a coach when it is apparent to the rest of the universe that he is flat-out terrible. It is painfully obvious that Cody was put in the game because Hawk Sr. just needed to play his son in some capacity - a pattern of behavior that has been established time and time and time again. The notion that he put him in as a decoy for a double pass is comical...

Not sure what you're comment regarding "Fire Hawkins" and "bigger font" pertains to, but certainly nothing in my posting history.

In short, go **** yourself.
Alrighty then.....:huh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM&feature=related"]YouTube- **** just got real - High Definition[/ame]

I guess you had to be there (listening to the interview). What I don't get is GB saying he struggled with the differences or different culture at CU - he was, after all, an assistant coach in Boulder before he trekked north. Not against GB, I liked him as a coach, but his time was up.

Because he didn't deal them. He dealt with the two go betweens, Marolt and Mac. Marolt left right after Mac. Both left right after Gordon Gee.

I also think Mac had an easier time getting kids in than Barney did. He was gone almost 8 years.

If GB was so ****ing great, why is he still unemployed?

GB has been on record for several years saying that the situation for him to coach again would have to be a perfect fit, including location, and he would only get back into coaching if a school had an AD & administration that was 100% behind football, but he didn't want it to be a place where football was all that anyone cared about.

Basically said that he loved coaching the kids, game planing, and being around the locker room, but does not want to have to deal with any political crap that goes along with being a head coach.

That and I think he is making good $ with his radio gig.

GB has been on record for several years saying that the situation for him to coach again would have to be a perfect fit, including location, and he would only get back into coaching if a school had an AD & administration that was 100% behind football, but he didn't want it to be a place where football was all that anyone cared about.

Basically said that he loved coaching the kids, game planing, and being around the locker room, but does not want to have to deal with any political crap that goes along with being a head coach.

That and I think he is making good $ with his radio gig.

That and nobody is calling.

I'm seeing another neg rep in your future, dbt. :rolleyes:

WhAT DID I DO!!! :lol:

oh_noes.jpg

I havent seen this negativity since... well... prior to Barnett being fired!

I am sorry, I shouldn't be negative.

But this whole bit of going back and "wishing" for old coaches doesn't help anything. Bill McCartney retired from college football almost 20 years ago and he has had ZERO involvement with college athletics since then. Now some people are suggesting he should come in and be Colorado's next football coach? Wha? And some are even suggesting he should take on the job as AD? What what!?!?

Whether Gary Barnett was good, bad, or indifferent as a football coach -- he's gone. I shouldn't be bashing him. People shouldn't be praising him. He's gone. Over. Done. Nothing he did has anything to do with what is going on at the University of Colorado now. Neither the good things, nor the bad things that were the Gary Barnett era have any relevancy at this point in time - all they do is divide people.

Colorado needs to look FORWARD, not backward.

But this whole bit of going back and "wishing" for old coaches doesn't help anything. Bill McCartney retired from college football almost 20 years ago and he has had ZERO involvement with college athletics since then. Now some people are suggesting he should come in and be Colorado's next football coach? Wha? And some are even suggesting he should take on the job as AD? What what!?!?

Whether Gary Barnett was good, bad, or indifferent as a football coach -- he's gone. I shouldn't be bashing him. People shouldn't be praising him. He's gone. Over. Done. Nothing he did has anything to do with what is going on at the University of Colorado now. Neither the good things, nor the bad things that were the Gary Barnett era have any relevancy at this point in time - all they do is divide people.

I agree about wishing for old coaches is non sense, unless they were in play for a job... and none of them are.

I do wish we knew a bit more about the University's ability to get a new coach. This whole discussion may be moot if the University President won't sign off on it.

:dito: Well said!

This sudden media fascination with Gary Barnett is certainly interesting. Most of these people interviewing him now are the same people who were advocating his firing a few years ago.

I think he is probably right, that there is a big difference in being the head coach at Boise and being the head coach at Colorado. I think Hawkins, and many of the coaches on his staff, have greatly struggled in this area. This is one reason why I think it is important for Bohn to make getting a coach with a strong BCS background a priority.

I am not sure where Barnett is getting his info but I think CU could hire someone who is a coordinator at another BCS school and pay at or below Hawkins current salary. The head coach pay is not CU's problem. CU needs to step up their pay to the assistant coaches. That is where CU has the most difficulty, IMO.

Actually, it is a weekly gig for Barnett. Thescore has their college football show every Thursday Morning with Barnett, Phil Steele, and Neill Woelk as the weekly guests. So it is not a sudden fascination. The fascination has come from how unexpectedly bad the CU program has become...

:congrats:

Your comprehension of football is inadequate. I agree with nothing you say here. DS did not deserve more snaps, he couldn't find a hole if Cody showed it to him. Cody has not caught any balls, allow your mind to think that maybe they were using him and a potential double-pass as a distraction. Simmons has been in a lot of plays now and has caught like 1 pass. I know that he was highly recruited and almost got a 2nd offer but alas KSU pulled the offer - but perhaps he's a guy that looks like an athlete but isn't? I suggest you quit trying to justify your opinion with mindless facts and just keep using bigger font when you type "FIRE HAWKINS".

i just wouldnt even bother with him.

Your comprehension of football is inadequate. I agree with nothing you say here. DS did not deserve more snaps, he couldn't find a hole if Cody showed it to him. Cody has not caught any balls, allow your mind to think that maybe they were using him and a potential double-pass as a distraction. Simmons has been in a lot of plays now and has caught like 1 pass. I know that he was highly recruited and almost got a 2nd offer but alas KSU pulled the offer - but perhaps he's a guy that looks like an athlete but isn't? I suggest you quit trying to justify your opinion with mindless facts and just keep using bigger font when you type "FIRE HAWKINS".

Disagree with the Simmons statement. Arkansas had an offer out to him as well... we pulled ours because we didn't think he would qualify academically... but he made it into CU. If Petrino wanted him as a wideout, especially being a JUCO with the amount of young studs we have at wideout, it means the guy is a player. When he gets passes thrown his way he produces.

guys you forget one thing. we are just SO CLOSE to making this thing pop. were right there! one of these games we are just going to pop bam and the guys will get it. we just got to keep gettin after it and keep fightin and get those horns out.

:devil2:

First, I don't wish to have GB or Mac back. Regarding Mac, Jim Armstrong has had lengthy discussions with Mac. He said most of what they discussed is private but he DID say that you can rest assured that Mac will not be coming back to CU in any capacity. SO THERE!!! :lol:

First, I don't wish to have GB or Mac back. /QUOTE]

Yeah...Just because some or many of us think GB is a good guy, handles himself really well on the radio and has some insight into what is going on, doesn't mean we want him back as CU's HC. That time is past...we all know that. But there is no need to continue to bash the guy either. That is past too.

Back