What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George Frazier arrested on suspicion of DUI

I gotta say, I don't know if the local PD would do that anywhere else in the country. I don't have a problem with guys getting arrested/fined for dumb stuff, but to call up the school so they can leverage some extra penalties on the kid? That's ****ed up.

Sure seems that when another student or school property isn't involved, then neither should the school be involved unless it rises to the level of a felony. I think the Tupou situation required the school's involvement (2 students) vs. Frazier (no other student).

This may be a federal requirement of the Clery Act since it's a liquor law violation. Schools have to publish crime statistics related to students.

Don't drink and drive with free service around town.

Don't bash someone's face in. Chad Brown said he did not drink so he never was impaired when he went out but he has plenty of racist terms and tough guys try to mess with him and the bigger man walks away even though they may want to show and they could/maybe should teach someone a lesson.

You have to take ownership for your actions. Frazier deserves a game and from the things I have heard Tupou wasn't a first time offender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realize we put ourselves at a competitive disadvantage against every other school in the p12 with this draconian **** right? I'm not advocating stupid behavior but there ought to be some reasonable balance between the punishment and the crime especially when the justice system is involved

I'm not sure about that. These are very common rules and I know it is the same way at Arizona and up at CSU. I even took a buddy of mine who graduated from Arizona in 2013 to a game last fall and we were tailgating and walking to the game and he said Boulder and CU were much more friendly for pre-game activities. If you think every university in the PAC-12 doesn't go through the same processes when a student gets in trouble with the law I think you are being naive as it is very common for the police department to let the school know when they get a ticket.

Damn. Any slim hope of this being a bowl season is pretty much shot to hell now. Both Frazier and Tupou are key starters on the team and were going to be counted on to be difference makers. The punches just keep on rolling for this program.

Damn. Any slim hope of this being a bowl season is pretty much shot to hell now. Both Frazier and Tupou are key starters on the team and were going to be counted on to be difference makers. The punches just keep on rolling for this program.

Frazier may not be lost for the year. He will have to deal with the legal side of things so maybe some kind of plea deal and he doesn't serve any time and just has some community service. This isn't school related so the honor council shouldn't be involved. The football team punishment will be handled by the football team so maybe just the OOC or something like that.

Frazier may not be lost for the year. He will have to deal with the legal side of things so maybe some kind of plea deal and he doesn't serve any time and just has some community service. This isn't school related so the honor council shouldn't be involved. The football team punishment will be handled by the football team so maybe just the OOC or something like that.

I would expect a two game suspension.

I would expect a two game suspension.

Exactly. Frazier may have done something really dumb, but he will play this year, he should be ready to play, and Mac should make sure he feels the heat and the pressure to make up for his mistake.

We'll see. Under normal circumstances, I would agree with onealcd about a two game suspension, but this is CU Football we are talking about. Hope that I am pleasantly surprised for once.

damn - every time Jeffy thinks he catches a break, I find out I've got a hole in my pocket.

We'll see. Under normal circumstances, I would agree with onealcd about a two game suspension, but this is CU Football we are talking about. Hope that I am pleasantly surprised for once.

Yeah who knows. Unless he has gotten in trouble with alcohol at school before, it should be a normal punishment of 1-2 games. The punishment will definitely tell a lot.

I don't agree Frazier and Tupou combined are not worth a point a game. Most likely the record would be the same with or without them, if you cant stop the run you cant stop the run that's on all 11 guys not Tupou. Frazier is a nice piece on offense but how many times did he touch the ball if his production cant be replaced or surpassed then its all over anyway

SHEESH! Over react much? Last I looked there were 20 other guys on the starting units and players behind the two lost, who just might view this as a huge opportunity.

Nine monthes ago, guys like you were lamenting the lack of decent DL play (few sacks, no TOs, can't stop the run...) and Tupou was certainly in that mix. Now he's a "key starter" and irreplaceable???

Maybe under Baer, but Baer is long gone and JL has had all of spring and summer to work on Tupou's loss. Frazier was fun to watch, but hardly "key".

Is Frazier really a "key" player on offense? Not in my opinion. Good value and adds versatility in certain personnel groupings, but hardly a make or break piece for the unit. Besides, in all likelyhood, he won't miss any conference games.

CU is not unique in how they handle this. Most schools(probably all) have a student code of conduct and it extends beyond the campus. Several players around the country have already been suspended for activities off campus - FSU QB for example.

Frazier's incident is probably a violation of the CU Student Code of Conduct.

Possessing, using, providing, manufacturing, distributing, or selling alcoholic beverages in violation of law or university

policies.

a. Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

Is Frazier really a "key" player on offense? Not in my opinion. Good value and adds versatility in certain personnel groupings, but hardly a make or break piece for the unit. Besides, in all likelyhood, he won't miss any conference games.

Exactly.

Hopefully he only misses the first game or two when we shouldn't need his services as much as we would against Arizona, Oregon St, etc.

Not having Frazier limits the offense some.

But there should be work-arounds.

Murphy's a good backup FB who I'd expect to be on scholarship this season if we're still under 85 when camp starts.

Not having Frazier limits the offense some.

But there should be work-arounds.

Murphy's a good backup FB who I'd expect to be on scholarship this season if we're still under 85 when camp starts.
Jordan is the biggest human being I have seen in my life. I think we miss George more on the defensive side of the ball. And to the actual incident. Football players in general have me worried. During the school year and season they are so busy with football and are monitored more than you guys would think. That's why Tupou's incident happened in March, George in July. There is a lot more downtime during the summer between classes and practices. This leads to an opening of poor decisions that happen in my opinion due to boredom. I'm surprised there aren't more incidents like this throughout the nation during the summer.

There are countries, like Canada, that won't allow you entry if you have a recent DUI. You will be turned away at customs. Its no longer a minor offense in most peoples eyes

I'm not sure about that. These are very common rules and I know it is the same way at Arizona and up at CSU. I even took a buddy of mine who graduated from Arizona in 2013 to a game last fall and we were tailgating and walking to the game and he said Boulder and CU were much more friendly for pre-game activities. If you think every university in the PAC-12 doesn't go through the same processes when a student gets in trouble with the law I think you are being naive as it is very common for the police department to let the school know when they get a ticket.

If that's true, I stand corrected. I sure haven't ever heard of it for any PDs or universities around where I live, though. Far too many cities and universities for police to waste their time calling each one trying to dick people over.

Back