What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George Frazier arrested on suspicion of DUI

Things have changed, I would have expected for him to suspended for a year, publicly flogged and his pets euthanized under the old regime.

Things have changed, I would have expected for him to suspended for a year, publicly flogged and his pets euthanized under the old regime.
Yep. So how is this not that big a deal (driving drunk), but Toupo hitting a guy and not getting charged is a HUGE deal? I'm glad Frazier didn't get suspended for longer, but this is what the punishment for Toupo should have been. Or maybe one game.

Yep. So how is this not that big a deal (driving drunk), but Toupo hitting a guy and not getting charged is a HUGE deal? I'm glad Frazier didn't get suspended for longer, but this is what the punishment for Toupo should have been. Or maybe one game.

Separate issue. Fraizer's issue was dealt with by the Boulder DA and then the football coach. Tupou was dealt with by the Boulder DA then the CU Honor Council. Tupou was suspended by the Honor Council, not by HCMM.

Toupo was punished by the student disciplinary committee (or whatever is called) because it had to do with a fight with fraternity students. This was different as it was not related to other students, university conduct etc. The AD is who handled the Frazier punishment.

Separate issue. Fraizer's issue was dealt with by the Boulder DA and then the football coach. Tupou was dealt with by the Boulder DA then the CU Kangaroo Court. Tupou was suspended by the Kangaroo Court, not by HCMM.
fify. Let's be careful using the word Honor, okay?

fckya.gif

I'll defer to Mac, he is with the kid every day. But the kid sure as well better have repented big time to only get a one quarter game suspension.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_28734450/cu-football-frazier-sit-first-quarter-at-hawaii
"When you work with 17-to-22-year-old men, when you get them as freshmen, you take them and hold them, and you have a very short leash," MacIntyre said. "As they show you they can handle things, you let that leash out longer. George is one that had a huge, long leash because he was a model student-athlete. This situation really shocked all of us.

"He doesn't have a leash anymore; I have him right by the hair. If he has another incident, there will be a lot worse punishment, but I think that at this point, he's learned his lesson."

I couldn't be more happier for George, the team, and myself.

How could two verdicts be so far apart? That council is a bunch of ****.

Love it. I thought he'd get at least a game. Make him miss the trip to the islands. This is a slap on the wrist and I really don't have a problem with it.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_28734450/cu-football-frazier-sit-first-quarter-at-hawaii
"When you work with 17-to-22-year-old men, when you get them as freshmen, you take them and hold them, and you have a very short leash," MacIntyre said. "As they show you they can handle things, you let that leash out longer. George is one that had a huge, long leash because he was a model student-athlete. This situation really shocked all of us.

"He doesn't have a leash anymore; I have him right by the hair. If he has another incident, there will be a lot worse punishment, but I think that at this point, he's learned his lesson."

this is how a program should be run.

As far as helping the team win I'm happy that he will be able to play. As far as actual discipline this punishment is a joke. Benched for a half for DUI is as weak as it gets.

At least I know what SEC fan feels like when discipline is handed down at schools.

As far as helping the team win I'm happy that he will be able to play. As far as actual discipline this punishment is a joke. Benched for a half for DUI is as weak as it gets.

At least I know what SEC fan feels like when discipline is handed down at schools.
Just think how pissed you'd be if he'd only been suspended for 1 quarter!

When I think about my misdeeds at his age, I sure as hell can't get sanctimonious. The important thing, really, is that he learned an important lesson. The slippery slope is how Mac deals with it if another kid commits the same infraction.

15 minutes of game time. That's ridiculous. Kid gets drives under the influence and is told he can't play for roughly, what, 8-15 snaps?! Well, if we are trying to emulate SEC schools, this "punishment" sure fits their culture.

15 minutes of game time. That's ridiculous. Kid gets drives under the influence and is told he can't play for roughly, what, 8-15 snaps?! Well, if we are trying to emulate SEC schools, this "punishment" sure fits their culture.

He is getting punished by the law. You are mixing cu with the court system.

Based solely on what I read on here and on Rivals, AND billing a total homer who would crucify the program if this had been a Nub, I believe Frazier wasn't driving at all. He was sleeping in the car. DWAI means he had a beer or two at most. Model citizen, didn't endanger anyone: punishment fits the crime.

Back