What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George Frazier & Eddy Lopez at TE: How many catches this year for the TEs?

How many catches will CU's TEs make this season?

• Less than or equal to last year (four catches)

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Less than ten (5-9)

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • More than 10

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
Anyone catch the news that Eddy Lopez is now at TE? Given how few catches our TEs had last season along with the returning talent at WR, will we see a new low or will there be a surprise in store?

I mean, Dylan Keeney and Jared Poplawski will be the pass-catchers, right? I'd image Montez is a little better at finding the tight end, especially as a safety valve. He will scramble a lot more than Sefo, and sometimes you just need to toss a duck to a giant guy 5 yards from the LOS

If Poplawski plays it'll be more, but for whatever reason this O doesn't know or chooses not to use tight ends.

I mean, Dylan Keeney and Jared Poplawski will be the pass-catchers, right? I'd image Montez is a little better at finding the tight end, especially as a safety valve. He will scramble a lot more than Sefo, and sometimes you just need to toss a duck to a giant guy 5 yards from the LOS

More than 10. Montez spreads the ball like sefo never could .
Why do people think this is a QB-driven issue with the TEs? Montez saw significant playing time last year and it had zero affect on TE usage. The fact of the matter is that the TEs on the roster the past few years have not been good enough receivers for the coaches to warrant having them play a significant role in the passing game.

Why do people think this is a QB-driven issue with the TEs? Montez saw significant playing time last year and it had zero affect on TE usage. The fact of the matter is that the TEs on the roster the past few years have not been good enough receivers for the coaches to warrant having them play a significant role in the passing game.
I don't think it was a qb issue, I just think that Sefo and Montez play quarterback differently. The offense last year was Sefo's offense. I think that Lindgren is gonna change things around to suit Montez more, and having a safety valve for scrambles is a part of that

I know it doesn't translate 100% but looking at NFL where TEs can create such mismatches especially middle of the field it's
weird how CU has gone so far from that lately. Is it more of a pro set offense kind of weapon? Combination of poor TEs, schemes to help Oline blocking, Sefo not good over middle, etc?

If we need TEs to help with pass or run blocking, the OL obviously has issues.
Folks - many teams run a package like this, including CU. We've been running it for at least 5 years now. It's not our base offense, but more of a short yardage package.

Lopez and Frazier combine for 3, but they will all be TDs.

Also, Frazier will drop 2 more sure TDs.

Frazier is playing on defense from what I was told.

As far as the TE, come on! We have at least 8 WRs that are more talented and can do more with the ball than a TE. Maybe Poplawski changes that but for now, I like the WRs getting every target and only utilizing the TE as need be. Play the most talented guys which is not any of the TEs.

Back